**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Human torch opinions

TimrosTimros Posts: 267
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Cant off the top of my head recall any other champions that have disappointed me graphically aside from the human torch.
Was expecting him to be more engulfed in flame like the comic book.
Just curious to see if anyone else was a little let down?

Comments

• Options
    Diablo is terrible looking, but he is pretty loyal to his comic book counterpart..
  • Options
    King_GarfKing_Garf Posts: 48
    I kinda like the art for him. I do wish that he was fully in flames as that would look super sick but he doesn’t. But after seeing him in game I see that the flame aura he has isn’t that bad looking imo. But very few champs have personally let me down graphically.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I was hoping for a reverse Iceman basically. Shame..
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I like the design they came up with. I really like some of the new champs that have special animations for specific modes of the characters gameplay abilities
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Has one of the best looking sp3 in my opinion.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I like him. Of course, I don't build expectations when it comes to designs. That's just asking to be disappointed, IMO. Lol. I just wait for them to release them, and look at them with an open mind.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Timros said:

Cant off the top of my head recall any other champions that have disappointed me graphically aside from the human torch.
    Was expecting him to be more engulfed in flame like the comic book.
    Just curious to see if anyone else was a little let down?

He totally flames out in his special 3 but I agree that he should be that way the whole time.
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Have to agree, pretty disappointing. The loading screen is also terrible. He looks like Woody from Toy Story
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    I never heard of fantastic four before, and from what Ive seen so far I have no desire to change that, yet I really like human torch animations and fire particles, and also his specials are a lot of fun to evade for me.
  • Options
    MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87
    edited April 2019

I never heard of fantastic four before, and from what Ive seen so far I have no desire to change that, yet I really like human torch animations and fire particles, and also his specials are a lot of fun to evade for me.

Read Jonathan Hickman‘s FF and that might change. Great Story.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I'm fine with it, dormammu still lags on some devices, I can only imagine what the game would look like trying to render a fully flamed character with the pixel density they seem to be going for in designing these new characters
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    When/if pyro is added he’ll be fully engulfed.
  • Options
    All they had to do was give him a single deep orange color, similar of how they did void...but deep orange...then add the flames he has right now in his current state. Would not effect graphic processing. Wouldn't cause any issues, in fact it may be simpler because he wouldn't have the black, blue, yellow colors of his outfit.