**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upcoming 5 star featured crystal

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Dhops said:

V1PER1987 said:

Alright guys, just like the new Dungeons and Featured 6-Star Crystals, we want to move away from announcing them in advance, but I will talk to the team about doing it one last time... I make no promises, but hold on for a bit.

Why do you want to move away from it? What benefit is there? All it does is interrupt our ability to plan what to do with shards/rank ups. Can you please explain the reasoning behind delaying the announcements?

All it does is make people hoard crystal shards until the last minute. This has never been the intention with anything in the game, and we have made this known throughout the History of the game many times. This is not a healthy behaviour for the game.
    Would love to see what you guys think is an example of healthy behavior for the game. Spending thousands on cavalier crystals, for example?
    Correct. They want us to have zero shards and units when new champs are out so we HAVE to spend to get them.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I hoard crystals because I like to, I spend a lot have a most of the champs and like to test my luck. With the Cav crystals I don't even have to hoard anymore but I still do. it's just how I like to play. I don't understand why you think my game behavior is unhealthy? I spend a lot of money on this game and I should be thanked, I like my strategy and don't think it is unhealthy at all and to be honest I'm kind of offended by that statement. Who is Kabam to tell people they are playing the game unhealthy even though they require so much of our time to play events, arenas, etc that I most weeks put in 40-50 hours of gaming. I would think hoarding is the least unhealthy thing I do in this game.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

Little bit of clarification here, but "unhealthy behaviour" is in reference to Unhealthy for the Game. This has been something we've said for years, and have made changes based on many times. We will still be giving the list of Champions in the next featured 5-Star Crystal, but will not be doing so going forward.

I don't get what my motivation is to not hoard shards still...
    edited April 2019

Little bit of clarification here, but "unhealthy behaviour" is in reference to Unhealthy for the Game. This has been something we've said for years, and have made changes based on many times. We will still be giving the list of Champions in the next featured 5-Star Crystal, but will not be doing so going forward.

I think this really needs to be reconsidered, you aren't taking into account how your player base (customers) feel about this. I know its your game but without us there is no game. Please remember that before making rash decisions.
  • JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81

How so? If these were crystals folks paid hard cash for then I could where you’d want to keep the impulse buys going till the end. Since they’re just shard crystals what’s the difference if I hold my shards for next crystal versus this one? In fact, the entire premise of a featured crystal or “save for blade” is to hoard your resources for a better chance at what you want versus the basic. This just seems like a weird rabbit hole to go down and an odd hill to make a stand.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★

Grinding 700+ rounds of arena for a champion is healthy

Spending $2000+ on fgmcs or cav crystals is healthy

Hoarding our own real money to spend on this game is healthy

...but hoarding imaginary crystal shards isn't...

Where's the logic?

Exactly. Watch out, if you give them the “uh-oh” feeling, they will remove your post.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Don’t want us to hoard? Increase cap on items we can hold then....and it’s our right to hoard if we want
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    not announcing what is in the crystal will change nothing, people will just hoard until there is a feature they like
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Doing this makes sure people hoard crystals. 1000% they will just wait and see who is available and judge then. If you don't want people to hoard put them on a two week schedule and pop some great champions in there. Because not announcing or announcing changes nothing. Hoarders will hoard.
  • S2k_WaltS2k_Walt Posts: 34
    So we play for our shards and now we have to be told when to spend them? How is that a healthy behavior for the development team? Shards can be hoarded for whatever the player wants to hoard them for... they earned them. I won’t criticize too much cuz my post will just be deleted but the logic behind your response is sad.
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75
    What he means is they want us to have the lowest possible chances of targeting champs. Ya know for content that may have gates or restrictions. Hoarding and waiting for the right crystal is the only way we can actually target the champs we may need. They say its unhealthy.
  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85

still makes no sense. I know you are just the messenger and the game team probably isn't telling you exactly why it's unhealthy and they just want you to be vague so it's whatever.

We are still hoarding so don't matter what the game team says.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    How is it unhealthy for the game?!?!?!? It’s only unhealthy for kabam’s deals they throw out and the amount of stuff bought. This is not cool at all.
    belli300 said:

I would like elaboration on healthy behavior for the game.....

Seems to me like you just want to do anything possible to inhibit people from targeting certain champs if they aren’t fgmc

Beat me to it
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    what next? limit the amount of red shards we can hold at any one time?
    V1PER1987 said:

Still no clarification. How is it unhealthy for the game to hoard shards? If we get 10k 5* shards a month for example, what difference does it make when we spend it?
    Bc you are more likely to get the champ yoi need/want. Thats the last thing they want.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Did Kabam just forget that they literally told us to start hoarding our shards cause they were bringing back blade crystals back in January? Were they not allowing "unhealthy behavior" then, literally makes no sense in my opinion even if you don't announce the list people will save up their shards cause they want a chance at the featured champs so why not just give us the list? All mcoc youtubers constantly save up their shards and rarely pop crystals once they get only one. Hard to comprehend this decision.

what next? limit the amount of red shards we can hold at any one time?

Probably, its bad enough our potions, iso and gold were based of 1-4 star champs and have never been revisited.
  • It would seem to me that not announcing new featured champs ahead of time would encourage more hoarding, not less.
  • redm4nredm4n Posts: 48
    Dumb decision number 2 in the last month.
    First strike was the act 6 decision to ban 4 stars, now this on top of the constant performance issues and bugs..One more strike and you know what happens.
    Not the way to appease your customers
  • Taz0911Taz0911 Posts: 116
    Lol remember when kabam used that word "transparency" then they got even more shady right after?
This discussion has been closed.