**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New node idea

If the attacker hasn't been hit in 20 seconds. Defender gains invisibility for 5 seconds.

Basically the idea is to make it harder for people who have been having a good night against a champion while people that get hit a lot won't see the extra difficulty in node. The defender benefit could change and be something new. But it's a good change away from the typical unstoppable and unblockable that we usually see. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Sounds like a pretty easy to beat node, unless the 20 second timer is not shown, that would make it quite hard, especially against super aggressive AI
  • Options
    DethwraithDethwraith Posts: 25
    Of course both timers, length of "buff" and how long in between it activated can be optimized for gameplay purposes.

The actual mechanic that activates could be changed. Could make it a power gain for defender, defender removes all debuffs and becomes debuff immune for a certain amount of time, or apply a debuff to attacker for examples. Thinking about the idea of node, I had uncollected, epic, and act6 content in mind where getting hit is a very bad idea in general.

Trying to bring a new element to gameplay that hasn't been seen yet to my knowledge.
  • Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★

I'd rather have them go unstoppable to be honest. It wouldn't make that much of a difference, though. It's just that at this point I'm kind of comfortable with the unstoppable mechanic.

If I imagine this as a node in a uc event for example, the difficulty is already at a point where you simply don't want to get hit anyways. So while you would get the most from that node in terms of interactive gameplay, there wouldn't be much of a way around it - besides getting hit once in a while or using daredevil. And both of those options don't seem that wise.

Overall, though, it's a creative idea and maybe we'll see something like that in the future.

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    New node idea, lag, makes your game drop to 2 FPS for 5 seconds randomly in any fight... oh wait...
  • Options
    EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    New node idea: unstoppable every now and then. Can actually be nullified by she hulk and spider gwen