**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Map 5 Nightcrawler?

Just wondering for those map 5 alliances, are you finding Nighcrawler unusually difficult this AQ? Our 2-3 hits seem to be decimating us if we can't get him to calm the F down. Getting him to switch is near impossible. He seems to be hitting about 10 x stonger than what he normally does?

Anyone else?

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Since you can't use the switch trick anymore the way I got him to switch was to make sure he dashes back and then hit into his block until he switches. Wasn't too hard but annoying you can't do the old trick anymore.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

The defensive node should be turned off on him .. it takes an eternity to bait him

The defensive node is there to help you switch him.
    Cause he is more likely to dash back and block
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Hitting into his block didn't work today. Timer just kept vanishing even though he didn't evade. Getting pretty annoying.
    Lormif said:

Just wondering for those map 5 alliances, are you finding Nighcrawler unusually difficult this AQ? Our 2-3 hits seem to be decimating us if we can't get him to calm the F down. Getting him to switch is near impossible. He seems to be hitting about 10 x stonger than what he normally does?

Anyone else?

map 6 nc is still cake to beat even without switching, with Aspect of Death, starburst and agressive regen. You need to learn to beat him without switching, it is not hard, he has a low health pool and low defense.
    Can you tell how? Can't parry him as a mini much since it's limber. He keeps throwing the L1 when he is in his evade phase so it's hard to take him to his L2.
    Also, instead of telling 'NC is a cake to beat, learn how to beat him, actually tell what tactic you use. That's called advice. Not what you're doing.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    DRTO said:

Since you can't use the switch trick anymore the way I got him to switch was to make sure he dashes back and then hit into his block until he switches. Wasn't too hard but annoying you can't do the old trick anymore.

this is how I always turned him, even with the trick.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Hitting into his block didn't work today. Timer just kept vanishing even though he didn't evade. Getting pretty annoying.

Lormif said:

Anyone else?

map 6 nc is still cake to beat even without switching, with Aspect of Death, starburst and agressive regen. You need to learn to beat him without switching, it is not hard, he has a low health pool and low defense.
    Can you tell how? Can't parry him as a mini much since it's limber. He keeps throwing the L1 when he is in his evade phase so it's hard to take him to his L2.
    Also, instead of telling 'NC is a cake to beat, learn how to beat him, actually tell what tactic you use. That's called advice. Not what you're doing.
    the OP asked an opinion, I gave him mine. No advice for how to beat was asked for... As for how to beat him you have to use smaller chunks of attacks to counter the increased chance to evade, and your attacks have to be slower so you can stop when he evades so he cannot counter. also using a champ like void helps as you can add passive damage.

Lormif said:

Anyone else?

nothing more than I play map 6 drop. I have no issues with the other mini bosses. At least when they hit you 2-3 times you aren't dead. And it's not like we are playing with R3 5* either. We are getting schooled with R5 Sparkys that get slammed this week all of a sudden? The only thing that changed is we did one BG map 6 on day one. Prestige went up as normal. We are dealing with the same conditions we always deal with on day 3. So what has changed?
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Anyone else?

the OP asked an opinion, I gave him mine. No advice for how to beat was asked for... As for how to beat him you have to use smaller chunks of attacks to counter the increased chance to evade, and your attacks have to be slower so you can stop when he evades so he cannot counter. also using a champ like void helps as you can add passive damage.
    yes I fight NC with a parry and 2-3 hits and back off. You can't do 4-5 attack chains with him at all.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    If you have emma, parry heavy parry heavy and no more evades

Lormif said:

Anyone else?

nothing more than I play map 6 drop. I have no issues with the other mini bosses. At least when they hit you 2-3 times you aren't dead. And it's not like we are playing with R3 5* either. We are getting schooled with R5 Sparkys that get slammed this week all of a sudden? The only thing that changed is we did one BG map 6 on day one. Prestige went up as normal. We are dealing with the same conditions we always deal with on day 3. So what has changed?
    No idea. Was like that for us today. R5 champs just vanishing because he was not only too aggressive which is fine to handle, but never switched. Prestige has never affected us.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Anyone else?

Low health pool isn't for Map 5 mini. Just saying. It's over 200k.
    Also, that's an interesting way to play. I usually get the switch done easily, but timer kept disappearing in the middle today. Which is weird.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I got him to switch modes pretty easily today. Timed out once due to defensive node and switched him again second fight with no real issues. With all the 21.1.x bugs out there, nightcrawler's AI is pretty irrelevant.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    Worked fine for me. Parry stun. 3 hits. Dash back. Light punch in the air. Then wait for the timer to cycle. Easy peasy.

• ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    edited April 2019
    I took down NC mini boss many times the past few days. Using R5 sparky. Switch trick can still work just less reliable. What I found different was:
    - he was really quick. Tried to dex his regular attacks to build poise, but many times parried instead.
    - At the start of the fight, he just stands there (not blocking). I moved back, he moved forward and just stood there again. I don’t want to be backed to the wall, so I hit him, and lo and behold, he blocked me right at that instance. Coincidence maybe. But I had this for 3 miniboss fights already.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    For some reason I couldn't switch the Map 5 NC on day two, and when I heard others saying the AI was tweaked to eliminate the switch trick I decided to video day 3. So of course, right on cue NC switched on me. It wasn't particularly difficult. I suspect that the AI changed a bit, but not in a way to deliberately remove the behavior. Its just different now, and perhaps less easy to trigger it depending on how aggressive NC is. We'll see how day 4 and 5 are.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    I have been fighting him since the begining of this week of AQ.

Not impossible to switch, but once you do, he keeps on baiting you to switch him back to Smashbuckler.

Kind of hard to bait... but I find that If he baits you when being passive and blocking and waiting.. I go in take 2 hits on his block, then baits and he fires the SP...

He hits hard enough to make you regreat any error you can make.

Too bad I ain’t got an 5* Iceman duped and ranked up for thos week of AQ!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    So, ironically I made two mistakes against NC today, but this gave me the opportunity to test switching three times. First time, he switched no problem. Second time, he seemed very twitchy and it took several tries to switch him. Third time, he switched immediately, but boy oh boy did he get twitchy after that. Interesting. Both times I died I was trying to be too cute with tactics I was deliberately dying to help the community understand NC's AI better. First time I tried to do a parry/heavy combo, but Karen decided to autoevade out of it. Second time I decided to try to heal up Ghost Rider with a heavy, you know, after already getting hit in the face once, because sometimes i r dum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R5glAtfLeI

For educational/informative/laugh out loud purposes.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    While I haven’t had trouble switching him using the “trick” I 100% agree on the damage increase. Two swipes 80% off of my R4 star lord today. Getting him to throw a special in the beginning took forever. He is also hitting me as I’m dashing back A LOT as if dex is broken. Yesterday was a complete disaster. Four times he hit me as I was dashing back and killing me in 3 hits. But even then no issues switching Him..?
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    I still one shot him with 3/45 duped SL
  • NTT6688846993NTT6688846993 Posts: 37
    Watch dorky diggidy daves YouTube video on how to fight nc that's what helped me now I fight nc make am switch stance within 10 seconds of fight
  • NTT6688846993NTT6688846993 Posts: 37
    And when he inflicts a critical it instanlty takes so much damage(due to his built in "deepwounds")
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    DRTO said:

I do the same but now switch timer just disappears everytime for me
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nikskini said:

DRTO said:

It sometimes does, but it will work. I usually wait a tick when he starts blocking and do a 4 hit combo into his block.

Nikskini said:

DRTO said:

It sometimes does, but it will work. I usually wait a tick when he starts blocking and do a 4 hit combo into his block.
    I did that a ton yesterday. The timer just kept vanishing. Obviously when I went in to record, he finally switched
  • NilpoNilpo Posts: 19
    edited April 2019
    Perhaps the AI was tweaked, but NC is definitely broken. Most of the time his timer won't even appear. When it does, it flashes rapidly and continually restarts so that's it's impossible to switch him even when he is holding block. I'm not sure what conditions cause it because it doesn't happen every day. I noticed it after the update came out and then yesterday I dropped both minis as normal. Today again, completely bugged.

I also agree that he seems to be hitting harder. In the past, you could take a combo with a 5/65. Now he drops all of my 5/65 champs with two hits into my block. I have to play him so that he completely avoids contact now.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    This is what I mean. 2nd mini boss. Perhaps because of the defensive node, NC is prone to just standing there (unlike the NC you duel). But what I really can’t stand is when I hit attack, NC will definitely block, as if my screen press also triggered its block. What kind of an AI is this?

ezgoing said:

I took down NC mini boss many times the past few days. Using R5 sparky. Switch trick can still work just less reliable. What I found different was:
    - he was really quick. Tried to dex his regular attacks to build poise, but many times parried instead.
    - At the start of the fight, he just stands there (not blocking). I moved back, he moved forward and just stood there again. I don’t want to be backed to the wall, so I hit him, and lo and behold, he blocked me right at that instance. Coincidence maybe. But I had this for 3 miniboss fights already.