**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question about legends title grinding

After doing some looking around I've noticed that repeat grinders for the legends title still get the title sent to them in their mail, which obviously means that they get counted in the ranking system. My question is, if people that already obtained the title and the badge are continuing to grind every month for the class cats, doesn't that just make it worse for those competing specifically for the title by default? Maybe im just **** to ****, but damn I want that title !

Comments

• Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    I'm nowhere near being able to go for the Legend title, but I do think that this should be changed. All of those top players that earn the title once can do it again every time. They should be factored out of the title rankings, but still get whatever other rewards there are.
  • Options
    InjusticeInjustice Posts: 38
    Yup there's a lot of repeat grinders in the top 100 legend pool. It's more about the pride and competitive factor than anything. Legend titles are already too common as it is. They need to re-work the whole system really or improve the rewards, like throw in 9,000 T2A shards as a prize along with the Tier 4 class cat and 18,000 T2A for top 5. That would make things interesting again :)
  • Options
    FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    I think they get some kind of special title if they earn 3 Legends titles and another one for earning 5 Legends titles. I'm not 100% positive, but I think I remember reading something like that a while ago. I have yet to earn my first Legends title.
  • Options
    InjusticeInjustice Posts: 38
    I think they get some kind of special title if they earn 3 Legends titles and another one for earning 5 Legends titles. I'm not 100% positive, but I think I remember reading something like that a while ago. I have yet to earn my first Legends title.

You're thinking of the #1 arena WARBOUND titles, where if you place 1st overall in the featured arena you get a special title. Then there are milestones for how many 1st place finishes you get. For legend runs, all you get are 'legend points' which you can view and rank in the leaderboards.
  • Options
    Maybe they could just add Legends title in the store. We could buy it with loyalty and glory. Or make several different titles--one that you can only get with loyalty, one that you can only get with glory, one you can only get with iso, gold, units, etc., etc.
  • Options
    Maybe they could just add Legends title in the store. We could buy it with loyalty and glory. Or make several different titles--one that you can only get with loyalty, one that you can only get with glory, one you can only get with iso, gold, units, etc., etc.

Actually, that's a good idea. What if the old titles from Event Quests were featured in the store?
  • Options
    NightFalconNightFalcon Posts: 19
    I have to respectfully disagree... As much as I'd like some of the older titles I feel its more of a general sense of pride at earning the title and achieving it. Not to be just handed out for a few units or whatever.

Now, if there's a special event quest that caters to a similar experience and perhaps has the harder paths all included to earn the titles for completing it, that would seem fair. But just to simply give it out based on a purchase is more of a kick in the face to those that actually earned the titles when they were available at the time.
  • Options
    I have to respectfully disagree... As much as I'd like some of the older titles I feel its more of a general sense of pride at earning the title and achieving it. Not to be just handed out for a few units or whatever.

Now, if there's a special event quest that caters to a similar experience and perhaps has the harder paths all included to earn the titles for completing it, that would seem fair. But just to simply give it out based on a purchase is more of a kick in the face to those that actually earned the titles when they were available at the time.

I guess that's true. They should be available in some way though, just harder to get than the first time.
  • Options
    Injuries_IrkedInjuries_Irked Posts: 41
    They are available. You got a chance every month to try and get a legend title.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited May 2017

No, that's just a flat out no to that idea. The title of "Legend" is called that for a reason: You have accomplished a great feat, either by being the fastest or the strongest. Paying for a Legends title for loyalty or glory makes the title lose that meaning.

In general, I don't think any title should be obtained by purchasing it with currency (excluding RR's workshop title, as that is obtained by grinding, but bought with gate keys obtained from grinding). Titles serve as achievements, and I really don't think spending your currency on such a thing can be considered an achievement in any way.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    They need to change the title from legends to iOS user lol
  • Options
    LOL! I was actually joking about being able to purchase titles. Totally kidding! That would be a terrible idea.

But hey--somebody thought I was being serious.

This just goes to show that even though somebody may be joking about something, somebody is still going to take it seriously. This is why the description of Yondu earning units is also a terrible idea.
  • Options
    LOL! I was actually joking about being able to purchase titles. Totally kidding! That would be a terrible idea.

But hey--somebody thought I was being serious.

This just goes to show that even though somebody may be joking about something, somebody is still going to take it seriously. This is why the description of Yondu earning units is also a terrible idea.

I didn't think you meant for the Legends title, but other titles. Common ones.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    They need to change the title from legends to iOS user lol

See that's my issue here with the legends title.. it's practically impossible with an Android device to achieve this (I may be wrong here, but from what I can see, the screen loading times alone will take longer then the 4 1/2 - 5 hours).