**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just a thank you

2»

Comments

• Options
    LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    Things get corrected and within a specified amount of time in a professional environment and if I continue to make bugs I lose my job... it's called accountability
  • Options
    This thread was created by OP to relay a specific message they wished to share. Please do not hold arguments that will cause it to derail and remember to be respectful to everyone.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Things get corrected and within a specified amount of time in a professional environment and if I continue to make bugs I lose my job... it's called accountability

And things in this game get fixed too. What’s acceptable amount of time is different for each bug and the severity of the bug.
  • Options
    LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92

i mean i know most people only join the forums to be jerks and to complain, but mcoc is easily the best mobile game ever made

It's a great game but could be so much more if it had developers who knew how to make an update with no bugs.
    Have you ever developed and maintained a game before? People are pretty quick to judge someone else’s performance in a field they've never gained experience in themselves.

Bunch of entitled brats.
    when I go to work my job must be done... without bugs, etc.
    So you’ve NEVER made a game that don’t have a bug, a glitch, or anything like that? I mean come on NOBODY is without faults and that includes games.

And things in this game get fixed too. What’s acceptable amount of time is different for each bug and the severity of the bug.
    That is true... What I'm saying is his argument is weak when it is their jobs to make sure of these things and he has no right to call ppl entitled brats when people comment on it
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

i mean i know most people only join the forums to be jerks and to complain, but mcoc is easily the best mobile game ever made

It's a great game but could be so much more if it had developers who knew how to make an update with no bugs.
    Have you ever developed and maintained a game before? People are pretty quick to judge someone else’s performance in a field they've never gained experience in themselves.

Bunch of entitled brats.
    when I go to work my job must be done... without bugs, etc.
    So you’ve NEVER made a game that don’t have a bug, a glitch, or anything like that? I mean come on NOBODY is without faults and that includes games.

That is true... What I'm saying is his argument is weak when it is their jobs to make sure of these things and he has no right to call ppl entitled brats when people comment on it
    Bugs happen in games. Bugs happen in all software. Have you had a software update for your device before? That's because there's a bug that allows an exploit. Have you heard of the great Windows Update of October 2018? They only recently "fixed" that, only to find out it broke something else. Coding is hard. You're dealing with thousands and thousands of lines of code, and some interactions with new code conflicts with old code, then you have to figue out the best course of action to fix the error, whether that's trying to locate and change the old code, or altering the new code.

For a game that's 4 years old, that gets regular montly updates, and probably only has a testing cycle that lasts about a month, I'd give Kabam devs more credit for being able to sustain what they're doing without the whole thing imploding into itself. The reason that I personally believe some people are acting entitled, is because they expect devs to be working every single day and fixing everyones individual issues as if it were top priority.

I'll give you a rundown of how a bug, when submitted, goes through proper processing for most gaming companies, as I used to be a former Functionality Quality Assurance (QA) tester for several LARGE publishers and developers.

Step 1: The bug is found, whether it be from a Tester, or the Community forums.

Step 2: If the bug is community found, the bug is passed onto the QA Lead, who will assign a member of the QA team to attempt to reproduce the said bug.

Step 3: The QA Tester will then load the specific build, on a similar or exact device, and begin testing how to trigger the said bug. The tester will then do this between 5 - 10 times to get a reproduction rate.

Step 4: The Tester will then usually be asked to do this again on several different devices, with different OS, to see if this is a universal or a device/os specific issue.

Step 5: The Tester will then have to write a bug report into a bug database, such as Jira or DevSuite. They note the build, the device, the OS, the reproduction rate, the steps to reproduce, the type of bug (visual/mechanical/functionality), the area of the game effected, and the bug severity. Bug severity usually comes in 4 classifications. (A) being the worst, in which is inhibits game progress, whether that's a hardlock of the game that requires a device to be completely restarted, a freeze which prevents the user from putting in any input or returning to a menu, a crash etc. (B) being severe, while it effects gameplay, it does not stop the game from being played, but it does require more urgent investigation from the Dev team, this can be in the form of 6.1 issue, where rewards are not being handed out properly, it effects the user experience to a larger degree. (C) is a minor bug, an audio issue, a visual glitch, a text issue. Something that won't directly impact the user experience and will mostly go unnoticed, but still needs fixing. (D) are extremely minor issues, usually only used for potential suggestions, these are the lowest possible priority and will rarely ever see a fix.

Step 6: After the Tester submits the bug report, it will then be looked over by the QA Lead. Once they are satisfied that enough information is there, and that it is easy to understand what the issue is and how to reproduce it, they will pass it onto the Dev team.

Step 7: The Dev team will look at the issue, and begin to test the issue and find out what they can do to fix it, depending on the severity of the bug it can take a few days for a proper fix to be made. Once they've found and fixed the issue, they will send an updated build back to the QA team.

Step 8: The Tester who sent the bug report will usually be the one to test the new fix. Again this Tester will go through and do all the same things they did before, testing on different devices on different OS, to make sure that the bug has been fixed. They will then close the bug if it has been fixed, or update the report if it hasn't.

Step 9: Once the bug has been fixed, it will then eventually be pushed out to the users.

As you can see, the process is a lot longer than you would think, now add in the fact that there are literally dozens of issues, some are known as blanket bugs which are all similar, that all need fixing. The other problem is, that once a game is released as a full release, and not a Beta, the company that publishes the game have to pay for every update that they release (this is why it's very common for games on Steam to stay as a Beta because they can push out as many updates as they please without having to pay this fee), and these updates are not cheap to put out on any platform, especially Google Play and the Apple App Store.

By the way, this isn't a post trying to attack anyone here. I just want people to understand that the process of game development is a long one, and that while issues are annoying (I'm looking at you Razer Phone FPS issues.....), there's nothing you can do but wait. Creating 10s of topics all about the same thing doesn't get issues resolved faster. Trust me when I say, they are doing all the can to fix these problems, at the end of the day this is their livelihood, and while we may not see what they are doing all the time, they have our best interests at heart, as it directly impacts their own interests too.

I hope that this helps some people appreciate all the work and effort that truly goes into this.
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★

I will take that as a joke

Why would you take it as a joke? Sure there are problems but the game is fantastic.
    See the thing is, I really like this game. I love marvel and I really like the concept of playing with/against your favourite marvel characters. But this thank you message is absolute garbage. Consistency? The only thing the developers are consistent about are adding more bugs and frustrating their players to the core. To be good at this game, you either spend your entire wallet or you grind and forget that real life exists. There have been constant bad decisions like the act 6 gate. Games are businesses, not charity. So unless some game developer is doing something exceptionally well, then they definitely deserve a thank you. But Kabam isn't one of those companies. Instead they owe a thank you to the player base for sticking around and putting up with this bs. I'll be honest, I feel an urge of leaving this game everyday and I know I'm not alone to feel this way. I only stick around because I love marvel.
    You have your opinion and OP has his. Just because you feel a lack of consistency doesn't mean OP is having the same experience. Its not fair to call this statement garbage or knock the OP because of how YOU feel. Ive rarely had any of the issue most complain about on here so for me the game has also been consistant.

Act 6 restrictions was a bad decision. Its a decision you dont agree with. That doesnt make it bad. We were going to get to that point in the game sometime regardless.

Maybe you should step away if you have that feeling everyday. There are other marvel games out there.
    I know you're trying to stop this argument, I agree that it's pointless but come on now. It's not up to opinions anymore. The bugs, the pointless decisions, these are facts. Some people like the guy who started this thread might not have experienced this bad quality. But majority of the players have. Sometimes you do need to have a general point of view, just because he/she didn't face a particular issue, it doesn't mean that others haven't. I still stand by my statement. They do not deserve this thank you, especially for the reasons mentioned in his post.
This discussion has been closed.