**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Awakening Gem exchange needed

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Ok we're done. You're just making ignorant, pointed comments. All that does is prove I was right to begin with. You have no intention of an actual debate about it. You're not even open-minded enough to consider what I'm saying. You're just looking for an argument. That'll be enough, thanks.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Ok we're done. You're just making ignorant, pointed comments. All that does is prove I was right to begin with. You have no intention of an actual debate about it. You're not even open-minded enough to consider what I'm saying. You're just looking for an argument. That'll be enough, thanks.

There is no real debate to be had (and I am not sure why you feel the need to debate everyone on the forum about everything).

The simple fact of the matter is alot of people have a buildup of same type of gem. They dont feel they should have to use it on bad champs. Alot of people feel there should be some sort of exchange ability, maybe along the lines of t4cc exchange.

You feel any unhappiness with anything in game must be debated.

Agree to disagree
    Case and point.

Case and point.

Guess I'm too "ignorant" to understand how you mean that
    Yeah I didn't say anyone was ignorant. I said the comments were ignorant and pointed. I wasn't even addressing your comments. When someone says I spew nonsense general statements, that is an ignorant comment. It is a comment that completely ignores anything I say. I'm quite aware of the comments I make, thanks.
    Also, picking Fights with me so you can Flag everything I say is not going to get anywhere.
    edited April 2019

Also, picking Fights with me so you can Flag everything I say is not going to get anywhere.

Wow. The amount of irony packed into that statement, accusing someone else of that given the thousands of threads you have done that in is truly funny.
    I do not abuse the Flag function. Never have. I use my words to disagree. We really are done here. There is no debate happening, just people trying to start personal arguments. They say I ruin Threads. Honestly.

I do not abuse the Flag function. Never have. I use my words to disagree. We really are done here. There is no debate happening, just people trying to start personal arguments. They say I ruin Threads. Honestly.

You have made absolutely no other point other than people need to be happy with what they have, and should not consider champs as bad just because it is the common perception. No one is changing their opinion of that just because you post a different opinion unless you explain how more champs should be considered worth awakening, something you have made no attempt to do. For instance saying awakening Ronan cause of his ability to crush some event quest bosses would be a point for someone changing there opinion cause otherwise he isnt getting awakened most likely. But you have literally provided nol ogic for someone to expand their list of Champs worth awakening
  • SwainbeatsSwainbeats Posts: 21
    @GroundedWisdom I feel what you’re saying about giving other champs a shot. I always make my own decisions as well. I do watch people’s videos but I rank up who I want, who I need, or who I like. This thread was more about constantly getting the same gems over and over. There are a lot of champions that are simply better then others, especially for end game content. Sure it’s cool to run through Master or a low AQ map with lesser champions but try that in Variant or Act 6 and you’re gonna get your face rocked. When you have top champions in other classes that need to be awakened and you keep getting the same gems over and over, it’s frustrating. Kabaam addressed the issue with class catalyst. 6*s are ready to move to the forefront, especially with cavalier crystals. It’s time to address the awakening gem issue for 5*s.

@GroundedWisdom I feel what you’re saying about giving other champs a shot. I always make my own decisions as well. I do watch people’s videos but I rank up who I want, who I need, or who I like. This thread was more about constantly getting the same gems over and over. There are a lot of champions that are simply better then others, especially for end game content. Sure it’s cool to run through Master or a low AQ map with lesser champions but try that in Variant or Act 6 and you’re gonna get your face rocked. When you have top champions in other classes that need to be awakened and you keep getting the same gems over and over, it’s frustrating. Kabaam addressed the issue with class catalyst. 6*s are ready to move to the forefront, especially with cavalier crystals. It’s time to address the awakening gem issue for 5*s.

I understand, although I'm not only speaking about Master or low-level EQ. Hawkeye, for example. I used one on him and took him to R4, since I didn't have many other options. He carries me through Act 5 and Uncollected. There are a good number of unconventional Champs that have many uses that are overlooked. Mind you, his Sig only applies once, so I didn't get the most benefit out of that, but I don't have any regrets. I'm not saying all the lower-end Champs are worthy, so much as I'm saying the ones that aren't the best or most common are worth the effort in some cases.
    As for your request, I'm not sure they would introduce something like that or not. I can imagine they want people to use them. I get where you're coming from, though. Side note, if you traded 3 Gems for a reroll, I'd take your keys. LMAO. ;)

I had a 5* mutant gem I'd been holding for a few months. I got a 5* iceman the same week. I saved that gem for AA or omega red all this time. I ended up using it on iceman last week... and on Saturday I got 5* AA. Just shook my head and laughed. Back to hoarding for me.

I held on to a Mutant since Christmas, I believe. Maybe before. My options were not good. I pulled AA from the Crystal we got in the Mail last month. Lost a perfectly good pair of pants. LOL.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★

Case and point.

For all intensive purposes.

Case and point.

For all intensive purposes.
    Case IN point. Lord. Lol. Y'all know what I meant.

That's a trapping argument because I could comprise a list of Champs that are useful and overlooked, and all it would be met with is, "They're no good.", or "This one does it better.". You can't level with people who have a closed-mind. You can however, suggest that they open their minds to exploring other possibilities.

This entire thread you have not made a valid point. I've had 3 mystic AGs for months. Are you saying I should've used one on juggernaut? Or Hood or Guillotine? I just pulled a Ghost Rider and used one, and now I'm saving the other ones for Voodoo and SS. can you honestly say awakening one of those other champs would be more helpful?
    ^Perfect reasoning for why gems should be saved.

@GroundedWisdom Juggs, Hood, and Guilly would do NOTHING for his progression or prestige. Like he said, he could put them in GR, Voodoo, and SS.

While GR, and SS don't need their sigs that badly, awakening Voodoo makes him much better and awakening all 3 will give him great prestige potential.

Throwing gems in random champ does nothing but harm progression.

I had a 5* mutant gem I'd been holding for a few months. I got a 5* iceman the same week. I saved that gem for AA or omega red all this time. I ended up using it on iceman last week... and on Saturday I got 5* AA. Just shook my head and laughed. Back to hoarding for me.

When I had one Mystic, I didn’t care. Anything could happen or anyone could get released. Then I got 2. Ok. Just tough luck. Then 3. Now I’m like what the effff. Then got 2 Mutant. I’m thinking, "There is no way I get another mutant or mystic." Got a mystic. If my complaint was I wasted an awakening gem or didn’t get the champ I wanted, then I welcome people to tell me to shut my pie hole. But to put in work on content only to be rewarded with what you already have is dissatisfying. And then it happens again. And again. Takes the wind out your sails.

edited April 2019

That's a trapping argument because I could comprise a list of Champs that are useful and overlooked, and all it would be met with is, "They're no good.", or "This one does it better.". You can't level with people who have a closed-mind. You can however, suggest that they open their minds to exploring other possibilities.

This entire thread you have not made a valid point. I've had 3 mystic AGs for months. Are you saying I should've used one on juggernaut? Or Hood or Guillotine? I just pulled a Ghost Rider and used one, and now I'm saving the other ones for Voodoo and SS. can you honestly say awakening one of those other champs would be more helpful?

@GroundedWisdom Juggs, Hood, and Guilly would do NOTHING for his progression or prestige. Like he said, he could put them in GR, Voodoo, and SS.

While GR, and SS don't need their sigs that badly, awakening Voodoo makes him much better and awakening all 3 will give him great prestige potential.

Not random. You're still not even reading what I'm saying, I just specified that I didn't mean any lower Champ was worthy, just that some of the Champs not in that usual short list of the top can be worth it.
    Guillotine isn't flashy, but she has been an Attack go-to of mine for years. She has sustainability through Life Steal, and can reverse Healing, two very usable attributes. It's extremely rare that I have to use a Rev on her.
    Hood has a number of applications, including Stagger, and Invisibility which is only countered by DD. He's definitely not a lost cause.
    The point I'm making that continues to be ignored is that there are other viable options besides the "Top Tier". We can go over it and over it, but it won't go far because some are too set in their ways of thinking.

Not random. You're still not even reading what I'm saying, I just specified that I didn't mean any lower Champ was worthy, just that some of the Champs not in that usual short list of the top can be worth it.
    Guillotine isn't flashy, but she has been an Attack go-to of mine for years. She has sustainability through Life Steal, and can reverse Healing, two very usable attributes. It's extremely rare that I have to use a Rev on her.
    Hood has a number of applications, including Stagger, and Invisibility which is only countered by DD. He's definitely not a lost cause.
    The point I'm making that continues to be ignored is that there are other viable options besides the "Top Tier". We can go over it and over it, but it won't go far because some are too set in their ways of thinking.
    You mentioned Guilly's sustainability, but Voodoo has it and GR too and it's much better.

Hood has stagger? Yes, but Symb Supreme and Voodoo are again...much better options. GR can nullify too. AND all 3 have great prestige.

Hood and Guilly are mediocre compared to GR, SS, and Voodoo. There is no sense using gems on mediocre champions when there are better options out. This is why players save their gems, because the champs I mentioned will progress someone much more than champs like Guilly and Hood ever will.

You mentioned Guilly's sustainability, but Voodoo has it and GR too and it's much better.

Hood has stagger? Yes, but Symb Supreme and Voodoo are again...much better options. GR can nullify too. AND all 3 have great prestige.

Hood and Guilly are mediocre compared to GR, SS, and Voodoo. There is no sense using gems on mediocre champions when there are better options out. This is why players save their gems, because the champs I mentioned will progress someone much more than champs like Guilly and Hood ever will.
    We're not talking about better options. You asked me about those specifically. That entirely depends. Each Champ is different. Voodoo only spawns Regen once a Fight. Guilly can Life Steal infinitely with her Damage. GR has very specific mechanics to operate, Guilly just uses straight Fighting.
    Then there's Hood. He has spammable Stun, Stagger, Shock, Power Steal, etc.
    Each Champ is different. Each one has their uses. What will progress someone is completely in the hands of the User. When someone has multiple Gems and gives a list of possibilities, I will provide the ones I would consider.
    Honestly, people don't even realize some of the utility they're missing out on because they're going after the next best thing.
    I've provided 3 examples in this Thread. I'm not going to go through the entire list of Champs to give anything merit. My desire to debate it with you left right around the time you said I just spew nonsense, and judging by the fact that you ignored my examples, the status of that debate hasn't changed, so have a good evening.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Personally, I feel that OP is impatient. Yes you have 3 mystic AGs. But you are fixed onto WHO you want to spend it on, hence OP is unhappy with what you are given.

Not trying to pick argument here, but what GW is suggesting is to widen your view of the champs you currently have, or save it up and don’t spend it.

I have had a Mystic AG sitting in my inventory for the longest time, with no good options to use it on. When SymSup was released, I got lucky and pulled him from one FGMC, and Variant #1 gave me a mystic R5 gem. So he went straight to R5 and awakened. Variant #1 gave me another mystic AG. 1 month later I pulled GR, awakened and R4 straight.

The same can be said for the tech AG I had. I had gotten it from LOL Completion (Feb 2017). It sat in my stash until I used it on Iron Man Infinity War.

My advice to OP is that you don’t rush using your AGs. Honestly, out of all classes, the mystic class has one of the most champs that are changed when awakened. Right off the top of my mind, I can think of Magik Mephisto Morningstar GR Voodoo Jug. Some as attackers, some as defenders. So if I had an overflow of AGs, I’d love it to be mystic.

Also, if you’re looking to progress far into the game and join higher tier alliances, your defenders matter a lot more than your attackers. Personally, if I interview a candidate with a R5 Modok Dorm Spidey or Jug, it tells me 1 of the most important things I’m looking for; This guy is a team player who doesn’t mind ranking up defenders for the alliance.

Hope it helps. Just chill and concentrate on gaining shards. The more shards you get the higher the chance (not exactly chance lol) of pulling a champ that will help you.

We're not talking about better options.
    I am. We all are. You asked why people save. We're telling you why. There are better options out there that will significantly improve progression than using them on dead end champs.

We're not talking about better options.
    I am. We all are. You asked why people save. We're telling you why. There are better options out there that will significantly improve progression than using them on dead end champs.
    I just explained why those examples aren't dead-end. If you want to continue to ignore my points, that's entirely up to you. There are two of us in this conversation and only one of us is willing to see the other side.
    edited April 2019
    That's literally the whole point of what I'm trying to say. Too much closed-mindedness concerning Champs. Problem is, there's a great deal missed by only looking at them in that way. If you want to maintain that there's only one way of looking at them, be my guest.
    edited April 2019
    @xNig You and GroundedW have given valid points but you’re speaking as if I’m frustrated because I have a mystic gem and no one to use it on. That’s not the case. I rolled 4 mystic gems. Every champion you named I have and are already awakened other than juggernaut. I would use 1 on juggernaut but this isn’t about not wanting to awaken juggernaut. It’s about the continued pulling of the same gem. 6 classes and you keep getting the same class? Variant isn't easy. Especially the Ultron Assault. You put in work just to get rewarded with the same gem. 3 x 2015 tech rank up gems? ... You catch my drift. 🤯
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★

@xNig You and GroundedW have given valid points but you’re speaking as if I’m frustrated because I have a mystic gem and no one to use it on. That’s not the case. I rolled 4 mystic gems. Every champion you named I have and are already awakened other than juggernaut. I would use 1 on juggernaut but this isn’t about not wanting to awaken juggernaut. It’s about the continued pulling of the same gem. 6 classes and you keep getting the same class? Variant isn't easy. Especially the Ultron Assault. You put in work just to get rewarded with the same gem. 3 x 2015 tech rank up gems? ... You catch my drift. 🤯

Yeah I understand man. It kinda sucks. But that’s how the game is. One of my ally mates ranked his iron patriot just for giggles.