**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost bug or am I missing something?

CaykoCayko Posts: 111
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Biohazard, spite node 44 expert tier.

I go in with ghost against domino.

Initial phase from sig happens, I land one hit and dash back. Passive precision got consumed and so, only thing active is a passive fury yet my dash back doesn't procc a phase.

Why the hell can't I upload videos here?

Comments

• CaykoCayko Posts: 111

And for some reason the picture didn't upload in order...

Pic 3, 4, 2 and 1 is the right sequence
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Not sure, but could it be because Domino reduces ability accuracy?
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGib3T4GelM

One of my friend and an excellent ghost player had made this video
    Check it out :)
    Yeah reason I asked was that in prior testings I was pretty sure domino didn't prevent phasing on it's own but it could get prevented in combination with preventing something else, such as her cruelties ln regular hits.

By that it was safe to play ghost if you only used the crit passives since you wouldn't proc anything domino could prevent.

Doesn't seem to be the case now. Just did some tests right now and gets a positive back on domino preventing plain phasings
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Sometimes ghost will not phase against domino due to ability accuracy reduction. Same with magneto. (Magnetized)
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Not sure, but could it be because Domino reduces ability accuracy?

Yep that's it. That's the tricky part about domino with ghost. You can't rely on phase to proc so launching an unblockable special doesn't always work
    Cayko said:

Yeah reason I asked was that in prior testings I was pretty sure domino didn't prevent phasing on it's own but it could get prevented in combination with preventing something else, such as her cruelties ln regular hits.

By that it was safe to play ghost if you only used the crit passives since you wouldn't proc anything domino could prevent.

Doesn't seem to be the case now. Just did some tests right now and gets a positive back on domino preventing plain phasings

It's always been like that as long as I've had ghost. I didn't get her day 1 but I've had her ranked and have used her very frequently for quite a while now

Cayko said:

It's always been like that as long as I've had ghost. I didn't get her day 1 but I've had her ranked and have used her very frequently for quite a while now
    Are you sure you were observant enough?
    I've had her since she came in the featured crystal.
    There's a flaw ingame where stuff gets confused and prevented by proxy. For instance if GP strikes vision when he should synthesize it registers as a defensive ability and gets prevented. This is very easy to test yourself on Symb Spider's evasion buff. It's just a plain abilty but strike him just when it should trigger with a defensive reducer and it gets prevented.

When i started playing ghost I noticed that the crit failed phasings didn't have the same frequency as the procs from heavies for instance... it was way less, like once per fight as average, which is weird considering how much you phase. What does ghost proc the least? It's her regular hit cruelties... so on that hunch I tried alot of duels using only her crits which doesn't proc anythint and voila, no phasing crit failed, fight after fight. I got enough duels, aw fights, data and peer reviews to statistically state that as a fact.
    The crit failed phasings WAS crit failed by proxy from ghosts regular hit cruelty procs.

I also got the change, that domino now crit fail the phasing itself, confirmed both directly and indirectly. One of my fellow ghosters, who peer reviewed my theory, noticed the change just as straight as I did and those who never knew witnessed about Domino suddenly crit failed phasings alot more all of a sudden, which would suggest what i say is true :)
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    That's the thing when fighting Domino: your ability accuracy is reduced by 15% permanently by doing NOTHING at the start of the fight.

Cayko said:

Cayko said:

Are you sure you were observant enough?
    I've had her since she came in the featured crystal.
    There's a flaw ingame where stuff gets confused and prevented by proxy. For instance if GP strikes vision when he should synthesize it registers as a defensive ability and gets prevented. This is very easy to test yourself on Symb Spider's evasion buff. It's just a plain abilty but strike him just when it should trigger with a defensive reducer and it gets prevented.

When i started playing ghost I noticed that the crit failed phasings didn't have the same frequency as the procs from heavies for instance... it was way less, like once per fight as average, which is weird considering how much you phase. What does ghost proc the least? It's her regular hit cruelties... so on that hunch I tried alot of duels using only her crits which doesn't proc anythint and voila, no phasing crit failed, fight after fight. I got enough duels, aw fights, data and peer reviews to statistically state that as a fact.
    The crit failed phasings WAS crit failed by proxy from ghosts regular hit cruelty procs.

I also got the change, that domino now crit fail the phasing itself, confirmed both directly and indirectly. One of my fellow ghosters, who peer reviewed my theory, noticed the change just as straight as I did and those who never knew witnessed about Domino suddenly crit failed phasings alot more all of a sudden, which would suggest what i say is true :)
    I'm sure.

Have multiple videos on an old phone from seasons past fighting her on 29 with ghost. Plenty of failed phases causing specials to get blocked
    Well, if you have a phasing failed that isn't directly after a regular hit I undestand that you're sure.
    What makes me think that you're not is that you answer with such confidence without looking. I doubt anyone without knowledge about preventions by proxy and have been making sure back then could answer that straight ;)