**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega Red - Is he bleed imune with coagulate!??

Hi everyone!
I have a r3 5* Omega Red (duped) with one point in coagulate but still taking damage when fighting Morningstar (AQ mini boss map 5). Can someone explain me why!? Thanks to you all!!!!

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    I’m think it becasse of the node one MS.
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    He reduces bleed by 90%, you're still gonna take damage
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    That is a very interesting idea haha. I suspect though that after Omega red reduced the bleed damage by 90%, coagulate may only have further reduced the bleed damage by 10% of whatever damage was left. I.e, 10% of the remaining 10% bleed damage which would make you still take overall 9% of the original bleed damage. This is just a guess though.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    In no situation he becomes bleed immune.
    Unless of course, bleed immune nodes/boosts or whatever. Otherwise you will always take damage from bleeds

In no situation he becomes bleed immune.
    Unless of course, bleed immune nodes/boosts or whatever. Otherwise you will always take damage from bleeds

Depden one witch node. If it node ther hav nots the bleed danmged then he wild take danmged he kind can take zero bleed danmged in quset ect
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

That is a very interesting idea haha. I suspect though that after Omega red reduced the bleed damage by 90%, coagulate may only have further reduced the bleed damage by 10% of whatever damage was left. I.e, 10% of the remaining 10% bleed damage which would make you still take overall 9% of the original bleed damage. This is just a guess though.

Basically, it is a multiplier not an addition, so if he is 90%, and then you have coagulate then it is 90+90*.1=99%. You will still take damage, and to be honest you want to, because if you didnt you would lose the death aura.
    Lormif said:

Basically, it is a multiplier not an addition, so if he is 90%, and then you have coagulate then it is 90+90*.1=99%. You will still take damage, and to be honest you want to, because if you didnt you would lose the death aura.
    Don’t think you wil lose it you culd do it like covus wher it the debuff ther tigger it but either way omega red is stil good
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    There seems to be a lot of misleading information in here so I’ll help clear it up: Omega red’s bleed resistance stacks additively with coagulate, not multiplicative. So his natural 90% bleed resistance + 10% (1 point in coagulate) = 100% bleed reduction. With 3/3 coagulate, it would be 90% + 30% = 120%. The reason you still take bleed damage sometimes is the morningstar must have been on an enhanced bleed node that reads “Bleed abilities deal 50% more damage” or something similar.

Morningstar would be dealing 150% of her normal bleed damage, and if you had omega red with 3/3 coagulate you’d have 120% bleed resistance so you’d still take 150% - 120% = 30% bleed damage from Morningstar. It might not make the most sense at first but that’s how Kabam calculates it and other similar DOT resistances. Physical/energy resistance is a whole other story with diminishing returns. The most optimal set-up when mainly using Omega Red is 1/3 coagulate and 3/3 willpower, since you only need 10% to reach 100% immunity vs non-enhanced bleeds. 3/3 willpower gives you more heal from bleeds.

There seems to be a lot of misleading information in here so I’ll help clear it up: Omega red’s bleed resistance stacks additively with coagulate, not multiplicative. So his natural 90% bleed resistance + 10% (1 point in coagulate) = 100% bleed reduction. With 3/3 coagulate, it would be 90% + 30% = 120%. The reason you still take bleed damage sometimes is the morningstar must have been on an enhanced bleed node that reads “Bleed abilities deal 50% more damage” or something similar.

Morningstar would be dealing 150% of her normal bleed damage, and if you had omega red with 3/3 coagulate you’d have 120% bleed resistance so you’d still take 150% - 120% = 30% bleed damage from Morningstar. It might not make the most sense at first but that’s how Kabam calculates it and other similar DOT resistances. Physical/energy resistance is a whole other story with diminishing returns. The most optimal set-up when mainly using Omega Red is 1/3 coagulate and 3/3 willpower, since you only need 10% to reach 100% immunity vs non-enhanced bleeds. 3/3 willpower gives you more heal from bleeds.

Now that is some misinformation..

Omega red reduces bleed damage by 90%. If the bleed damage is 100 he takes 10. If it is 150 he takes 15. MS being on a bleed damage nodes does not matter because reduction does not work subtraction as you claim. If you are 100% immune then you take no damage.

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Lormif said:

Omega red reduces bleed damage by 90%. If the bleed damage is 100 he takes 10. If it is 150 he takes 15. MS being on a bleed damage nodes does not matter because reduction does not work subtraction as you claim. If you are 100% immune then you take no damage.

In Kabam’s world it does not work like that. Omega red is not bleed immune but he can have 100%+ bleed resistance. It’s distinctly different than bleed immunity from someone like ultron, ghost rider, etc. If you’d like to test, try dueling a morningstar with omega red and 1 point in coagulate. You’ll never take bleed damage.

Edit: forgot to mention the interaction of deep wounds, which I’m not sure how that interacts with omega red. But it’s likely an insignificant amount.

Lormif said:

In Kabam’s world it does not work like that. Omega red is not bleed immune but he can have 100%+ bleed resistance. It’s distinctly different than bleed immunity from someone like ultron, ghost rider, etc. If you’d like to test, try dueling a morningstar with omega red and 1 point in coagulate. You’ll never take bleed damage.

Edit: forgot to mention the interaction of deep wounds, which I’m not sure how that interacts with omega red. But it’s likely an insignificant amount.
    I never said he would reach bleed immune, because you cannot.

But it turns out kabam has already pointed out how you are correct. The reduction does not work the way you state, it is just that the enhanced bleed takes effect after the bleed has already been reduced.

Hey there, after some more thorough examination, we haven't found any issues with this interaction. to clear up some confusion, what is happening is that Omega Red reduces the base damage of the Bleed before the Bleed is enhanced by the nodes. This is the same way that other Champs with Bleed damage reduction function as well.