**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5 * Thor now exists!! [Merged Threads]

2»

Comments

• Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Savage_ said:

Medusa has the exact same "utility" Thor has. Poison immunity, armor break, and stun on sp2. There are few robots in the game so why would 100% aar on robots matter?

Stun on potentially every special, but never 100%.
    Poison immunity, afraid not
    Fury only if you get stunned. Unless they added a fury on attack (haven't really played him since 12.0)
    Max 2 Armor breaks

Lesser version of Medusa. Ronan's stun is better. Corvus, Hype all hit harder.

I think he hits about as hard on 2 armor breaks as Cap M (OG) does on a full power bar.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Marri_2 said:

Savage_ said:

Medusa has the exact same "utility" Thor has. Poison immunity, armor break, and stun on sp2. There are few robots in the game so why would 100% aar on robots matter?

Stun on potentially every special, but never 100%.
    Poison immunity, afraid not
    Fury only if you get stunned. Unless they added a fury on attack (haven't really played him since 12.0)
    Max 2 Armor breaks

Lesser version of Medusa. Ronan's stun is better. Corvus, Hype all hit harder.

I think he hits about as hard on 2 armor breaks as Cap M (OG) does on a full power bar.
    He do get fury. From alkt now
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Marri_2 said:

The_Boss9 said:

Savage_ said:

OG Thor would hit harder than medusa max sig

But he has none of the utility that Medusa has
    Pre-12 he hit so hard he didn't need utility. What utility do you mean exactly?
    I’m taking about post 12.0 here. Medusa’s armor shatter and poison immunity and even auto block can be useful.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Chump said:

I merged a few threads together to keep things organized! Glad to hear y'all are enjoying him being added as a 5-Star! :)

You're joking right? We're glad? Who here is glad? You didn't read a word of these posts did you?
    Yet people are still buying it and pulling him.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Will he be added to the basic pool anytime soon?
  • BertybBertyb Posts: 12
    Will these former god tier 5* champs ever move into the basic crystal?

Dr Strange, black widow, electro, Abom etc? Are they ever coming to basic @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Savage_ said:

It doesn't matter how many there are. It matters where they are.
  • Can we get some info on his prestige as a 5*?
    I'm not feeling this one. No issues with it, just don't want him that badly. If they release SW, I might reconsider breaking out the Units.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

I'm not feeling this one. No issues with it, just don't want him that badly. If they release SW, I might reconsider breaking out the Units.

Agreed, if SW comes out, I will pull her as a 5* at least once before the opportunity goes.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Savage_ said:

Thor isn't poison immune and needs sig to armor break. Gl pulling him twice. The only difference is some shock resistance.
    ItsDamien said:

Agreed, if SW comes out, I will pull her as a 5* at least once before the opportunity goes.
    I don't mind Thor, I just don't feel pulled enough to go for the Dup. I'm trying to build Units, and if I'm going for broke, I want to make sure I want it bad enough. Lol.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★

I got mine
  • do you guys think that the og 5* thor will be added to the 5* hero crystal after mjolnir crystal expires?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    bbubenik1 said:

do you guys think that the og 5* thor will be added to the 5* hero crystal after mjolnir crystal expires?

Nope. Just like Dr Strange, Abomination, Black Widow, Electro haven't been.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Cowhale can now make another video.
    bbubenik1 said:

do you guys think that the og 5* thor will be added to the 5* hero crystal after mjolnir crystal expires?

I don't believe so. Not at this point. The others were exclusives as well. Maybe in the future someday, who knows?
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Has anyone taken him to r4 5* yet ? I’d like to see his stats. I have a cosmic awakening gem I would probably use if I pulled him provided his sig scales decently
    I think they may feature an arena first with some of the exclusive champs. Maybe once they see the balance isn’t thrown off, they will place them in a 5* Featured for 15k shards. Then maybe after R3 6* become achievable, they will start entering them into the basic 5* pool
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

I merged a few threads together to keep things organized! Glad to hear y'all are enjoying him being added as a 5-Star! :)

Hi,

Will Thor OG 5 star be available in the standard 5 stars crystals or the Cavalier crystals ?
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    Why don't you just introduce him as a 6*???
    Vivek_786 said:

Why don't you just introduce him as a 6*???

He (and they - Wolverine, Doc Strange, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Electro, etc) was not included as 5* due to pre-12.0 mechanics. They were too earth shattering. I mean they were like a cheat code. So much so, that it was hard for Kabam to scale them and not make them more broken.

For example, Thor could armor break infinitely.... people would stack 5-6 armor breaks with parry, while taking no damage due to perfect block, and launch a SP3 and take down almost any node. SW was able process 2-3 regents at about double the chance, and the regen lasted longer. She would also process up to all of her buffs and debuffs on each crit, which stacked up regen and debuffs extremely quick.

They were so broken at a 4*, that a 5* would have completely unbalanced the game. Post-12.0 and the current meta of the game makes them far less game breaking, which is why we are seeing them added as 5* now and limited.

I believe Kabam is testing the waters by releasing in small batches and looking at data before considering having these champs as permanent in basic pools or 6*. It is just a guess on my part, but it seems like a logical reason from a pre-12.0 player like me.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

The_Boss9 said:

Savage_ said:

OG Thor would hit harder than medusa max sig

But he has none of the utility that Medusa has
    Pre-12 he hit so hard he didn't need utility. What utility do you mean exactly?
    Like fighting stun immune....