No act 6 rewards!!!

1246712

Comments

  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 21
    Sounds positive guys. At least they are on it and getting back to us. Essentially it’s easier to filter out everyone who has a % in every chapter but does not yet have the cavalier title than it is to assess those who already had cavalier but just added to the % complete. Hopefully we get additional stuff we missed as that’s only fair :)
  • Has anyone tried doing a 2nd run in one of the quests in 6.1 to see if it would trigger the Cavalier title now?
    (Sorry, grasping at straws here...)

    Just did, didn’t work
  • Has anyone tried doing a 2nd run in one of the quests in 6.1 to see if it would trigger the Cavalier title now?
    (Sorry, grasping at straws here...)

    Just did, didn’t work
  • StevendStottStevendStott Posts: 12
    Do I need to post pics confirming I havent recieved my rewards or title for act 6 completion?
  • teamironwinterteamironwinter Posts: 12
    I also completed 6.1.6 3 days ago and failed to get the rewards nor the cavalier title. So, I don't know if there is a group I have to join to receive the rewards once the bug is fixed, but sign me up if there is. Also, I submitted a ticket and was quickly answered:

    Hi ironwinter,

    Thank you for contacting us at Kabam Support. My name is Kristin, and I understand that you haven't received yet your rewards after completing the Story Quest, Act 6 Chapter 1. Let me assist you with this.

    Upon reviewing your account, I was able to confirm that you have completed it on Sat, 13 Apr 2019 06:07:07 GMT. With that, I went ahead and escalated the case to our Senior Support Team for further review. I am humbly asking for your patience and understanding on this matter while we're investigating this matter.

    Should you have other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us on a new ticket. Have a great day!

    Best regards,

    Kristine
    Kabam Support

    ref:_00D301HgIt._5000c1nqhg4:ref

    I have yet to hear back from kabam.

    And I agree with the previous 2 posters, in that the cavalier title affects the 4 hour and daily crystals, so I hope kabam takes that into account when they fix the issue.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 350

    I also completed 6.1.6 3 days ago and failed to get the rewards nor the cavalier title. So, I don't know if there is a group I have to join to receive the rewards once the bug is fixed, but sign me up if there is. Also, I submitted a ticket and was quickly answered:

    Hi ironwinter,

    Thank you for contacting us at Kabam Support. My name is Kristin, and I understand that you haven't received yet your rewards after completing the Story Quest, Act 6 Chapter 1. Let me assist you with this.

    Upon reviewing your account, I was able to confirm that you have completed it on Sat, 13 Apr 2019 06:07:07 GMT. With that, I went ahead and escalated the case to our Senior Support Team for further review. I am humbly asking for your patience and understanding on this matter while we're investigating this matter.

    Should you have other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us on a new ticket. Have a great day!

    Best regards,

    Kristine
    Kabam Support

    ref:_00D301HgIt._5000c1nqhg4:ref

    I have yet to hear back from kabam.

    And I agree with the previous 2 posters, in that the cavalier title affects the 4 hour and daily crystals, so I hope kabam takes that into account when they fix the issue.

    You got a better response that I did with my ticket on Saturday morning. I’m wondering what will happen first, receiving act 6 completion rewards or getting enough 6* shards from bounty missions to open my next 6*.
  • for those who passed the act 6.1 without rewards, they not only deserve passed rewards but also the cavalier daily rewards they should earn
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 209
    Any update yet as I’m getting very annoyed how long it’s taken what was the point of wasting hundreds of units for energy and revives to 100% act 6 when I have to wait ages for my rewards totally unacceptable @Kabam Zibiit any update ????
  • RyevonRyevon Posts: 17
    I hope that Kabam decides to throws in a free dessert for the lukewarm dinner served to the inconvenienced few of us. By the way its day 5 of waiting on title and rewards.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 471 ★★★

    Hey All,

    Updates! The issue itself has been resolved, so any clears of Act 6 Ch1 will no longer have this problem. Additionally, we now have a list of all Users that were affected by this. We'll be working to get these rewards out to you as soon as we can, but are still working on an issue with granting the "Cavalier" designation.

    Following that, we'll be working on the Players that fully explored the Chapter during this time. This is a little more difficult, but we're already on it.

    I will let you all know when we have more information or a more definite timeline.

    Kenny292 said:

    Hey All,

    Updates! The issue itself has been resolved, so any clears of Act 6 Ch1 will no longer have this problem. Additionally, we now have a list of all Users that were affected by this. We'll be working to get these rewards out to you as soon as we can, but are still working on an issue with granting the "Cavalier" designation.

    Following that, we'll be working on the Players that fully explored the Chapter during this time. This is a little more difficult, but we're already on it.

    I will let you all know when we have more information or a more definite timeline.

    Out of curiosity, what’s the additional difficulty with issuing the rewards to those that fully explored 6.1? I know not all issues are equal difficulty to fix, so I’m trying not to jump straight on the rage train, but to me, these two issues seem very similar and related, so it’s kinda frustrating to feel like those that fully explored the chapter will be the last to get the rewards they earned. Just looking to understand what’s going on.
    It is more difficult to find those that have Explored a quest than it is to find those that have Completed it. Not to say that we can't, just that it takes longer and is more manual.
    You have your answers here. They're doing what they can.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 350
    Ryevon said:

    I hope that Kabam decides to throws in a free dessert for the lukewarm dinner served to the inconvenienced few of us. By the way its day 5 of waiting on title and rewards.

    That dinner you reference is cold by now.
  • teamironwinterteamironwinter Posts: 12
    Dinner? more like a can of spam and some crackers!
  • RyevonRyevon Posts: 17
    VTA92 said:

    Ryevon said:

    I hope that Kabam decides to throws in a free dessert for the lukewarm dinner served to the inconvenienced few of us. By the way its day 5 of waiting on title and rewards.

    That dinner you reference is cold by now.
    I'm trying to not go completely negative, I'm also politely asking them to take good care of us.
  • Ace_QuillAce_Quill Posts: 57
    So it is now safe to finish act 6? If so i am doing it tonight. I figured waiting would get me the rewards faster than kabam having to find me. Looks like I was right.
  • teamironwinterteamironwinter Posts: 12
    Looks that way @Ace_Quill hope u have 12K units for that sweet offer after completing!
  • Shahriar_KM10Shahriar_KM10 Posts: 25
    How long it will take... another Weekend is coming LOL @ItsDamien
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 471 ★★★

    How long it will take... another Weekend is coming LOL @ItsDamien

    How long is a buggy piece of string?
  • JUICE313JUICE313 Posts: 24
    Its Wednesday ppl.. finished mine friday mourning around 1130 am eastern time.. and still nothing. Some answers would be great
  • JUICE313JUICE313 Posts: 24
    ItsDamien said:

    Hey All,

    Updates! The issue itself has been resolved, so any clears of Act 6 Ch1 will no longer have this problem. Additionally, we now have a list of all Users that were affected by this. We'll be working to get these rewards out to you as soon as we can, but are still working on an issue with granting the "Cavalier" designation.

    Following that, we'll be working on the Players that fully explored the Chapter during this time. This is a little more difficult, but we're already on it.

    I will let you all know when we have more information or a more definite timeline.

    Kenny292 said:

    Hey All,

    Updates! The issue itself has been resolved, so any clears of Act 6 Ch1 will no longer have this problem. Additionally, we now have a list of all Users that were affected by this. We'll be working to get these rewards out to you as soon as we can, but are still working on an issue with granting the "Cavalier" designation.

    Following that, we'll be working on the Players that fully explored the Chapter during this time. This is a little more difficult, but we're already on it.

    I will let you all know when we have more information or a more definite timeline.

    Out of curiosity, what’s the additional difficulty with issuing the rewards to those that fully explored 6.1? I know not all issues are equal difficulty to fix, so I’m trying not to jump straight on the rage train, but to me, these two issues seem very similar and related, so it’s kinda frustrating to feel like those that fully explored the chapter will be the last to get the rewards they earned. Just looking to understand what’s going on.
    It is more difficult to find those that have Explored a quest than it is to find those that have Completed it. Not to say that we can't, just that it takes longer and is more manual.
    You have your answers here. They're doing what they can.
    Bro if you arent affected by this go troll elsewhere. Personally im sick of seeing you mini mod on everyones topic.. gtfoh and go play and then not get your **** and then come back
  • JUICE313JUICE313 Posts: 24
    Some answers or our stuff would be great vs left in the dark this whole time..
    And also if this hasnt happend to you FEEL FREE TO TROLL ELSEWHERE!
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 471 ★★★
    JUICE313 said:

    ItsDamien said:

    Hey All,

    Updates! The issue itself has been resolved, so any clears of Act 6 Ch1 will no longer have this problem. Additionally, we now have a list of all Users that were affected by this. We'll be working to get these rewards out to you as soon as we can, but are still working on an issue with granting the "Cavalier" designation.

    Following that, we'll be working on the Players that fully explored the Chapter during this time. This is a little more difficult, but we're already on it.

    I will let you all know when we have more information or a more definite timeline.

    Kenny292 said:

    Hey All,

    Updates! The issue itself has been resolved, so any clears of Act 6 Ch1 will no longer have this problem. Additionally, we now have a list of all Users that were affected by this. We'll be working to get these rewards out to you as soon as we can, but are still working on an issue with granting the "Cavalier" designation.

    Following that, we'll be working on the Players that fully explored the Chapter during this time. This is a little more difficult, but we're already on it.

    I will let you all know when we have more information or a more definite timeline.

    Out of curiosity, what’s the additional difficulty with issuing the rewards to those that fully explored 6.1? I know not all issues are equal difficulty to fix, so I’m trying not to jump straight on the rage train, but to me, these two issues seem very similar and related, so it’s kinda frustrating to feel like those that fully explored the chapter will be the last to get the rewards they earned. Just looking to understand what’s going on.
    It is more difficult to find those that have Explored a quest than it is to find those that have Completed it. Not to say that we can't, just that it takes longer and is more manual.
    You have your answers here. They're doing what they can.
    Bro if you arent affected by this go troll elsewhere. Personally im sick of seeing you mini mod on everyones topic.. gtfoh and go play and then not get your **** and then come back
    That's your problem, not mine.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 1,365 ★★★
    Try reading the same post that you had just previously commented in. Answers from Kabam are in there. About to be Merged anyways, in 3-2-1...
  • JUICE313JUICE313 Posts: 24

    Try reading the same post that you had just previously commented in. Answers from Kabam are in there. About to be Merged anyways, in 3-2-1...

    From Monday? This is crazy man. Hard to keep track of what anyone says bcaz of **** trolls. Aint got better things todo then blow up others **** when they arent affected
  • mespadamespada Posts: 58
    if its not your problem, why are you here trolling? @ItsDamien
  • mespadamespada Posts: 58
    this company is becoming more of a joke by the day.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 350
    Soooo.... about issuing those completion rewards and all the missed cavalier crystals since Friday/Saturday. Where are we at? Have a 5*, 6*, and r5 rank up waiting on these. It’s already impacted this week of AQ as I pushed through on Saturday to boost prestige for my alliance prior to AQ start.
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 209
    Unless it’s happened to you find somewhere else to comment as if it did happen to you, yes u would be asking question to get the rewards u are owed !! I want my rewards ASAP no more time is needed !! Instead of the new update how about get the players the rewards u owe them full stop!!!
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 399 ★★★
    I think this is a pretty good example of Kabam not offering an estimated timeframe as backfiring. I understand Kabam doesn't want to set expectations by giving out a timeframe for a resolution, but that just makes things worse IMO.

    What we have is an announcement that says something like: "We've found the issue and are working on a resolution, we do not have a timeframe currently." That just leads people to constantly ask "where are you at on this issue?"

    I'd think a better response would be, let's say on a Monday: "We've found the issue, we're testing a resolution on Tuesday/Wednesday, and hopefully should have the issue resolved Thursday/Friday." And if something comes up in between that would extend this timeframe, then they could announce that immediately, something like "We've run into an issue on the fix and we have to extend our deadline to Monday/Tuesday.". At least that way people have expectations and wouldn't need to ask what the status of the issue is, and Kabam wouldn't have to respond as much.

    I don't see why this wouldn't be a better idea than what's going on now. People wouldn't get as upset, imo, if there was an estimated timeframe and if something happens, that timeframe being pushed back (with an announcement as soon as they realize the fix needs to be pushed back).
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 350
    Mhykke said:

    I think this is a pretty good example of Kabam not offering an estimated timeframe as backfiring. I understand Kabam doesn't want to set expectations by giving out a timeframe for a resolution, but that just makes things worse IMO.

    What we have is an announcement that says something like: "We've found the issue and are working on a resolution, we do not have a timeframe currently." That just leads people to constantly ask "where are you at on this issue?"

    I'd think a better response would be, let's say on a Monday: "We've found the issue, we're testing a resolution on Tuesday/Wednesday, and hopefully should have the issue resolved Thursday/Friday." And if something comes up in between that would extend this timeframe, then they could announce that immediately, something like "We've run into an issue on the fix and we have to extend our deadline to Monday/Tuesday.". At least that way people have expectations and wouldn't need to ask what the status of the issue is, and Kabam wouldn't have to respond as much.

    I don't see why this wouldn't be a better idea than what's going on now. People wouldn't get as upset, imo, if there was an estimated timeframe and if something happens, that timeframe being pushed back (with an announcement as soon as they realize the fix needs to be pushed back).

    Could not agree more. As of now you get the feeling it could be tomorrow or it could be 3 weeks from now. You just don’t really know and it adds to the frustration. Especially when waiting to open crystals or rank up champs that could help you complete the next piece of content. For example, I am waiting to finish variant 2 because I want to rank up a champ for it and my 5* or 6* crystal could be a champ that would help with the remaining content and limit resources.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 673 ★★★
    I just got an email from Kabam support saying "We are happy to announce that this matter has been resolved and all due rewards have been sent to everyone affected by this."

    Has anyone received anything? I haven't.
This discussion has been closed.