**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Avengers, Assemble! "Quest for the Stones" and "Save the Battlerealm" Events are coming!

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Gambl0r said:

lol these rewards are not really worth the overall effort. You can't even choose what you want to buy with the shards, random crystals where 80% of the options are undesired, and will only piss people off

This is the biggest event to date, Infinity War End Game, this should be the biggest most rewarding event in MCOC history. I hope this isn't it

I bet there will be something else. Could be wrong.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    We shall wait until the event comes out to see if the boosts on the selected weak Avengers are really needed for the Save The Battlerealm event.
    If we can do the event with normal unboosted champs then we should all just let this be.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Drop rates?

What are drop rating of getting that marvellous prize of 10k of gold??
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Donnymeij said:

So, let me simplify it for you guys. The rewards for Quest For The Stones in the picture are all for one week only. So do your math and multiply it by 6.

For Save The Battlerealm, I'm not sure.
    The rewards in the picture can either be for 100% completion of all 6 paths OR for a single path clearance.
    Need @Kabam Miike to clarify this further

So you think we can get 6x T4CC for 4path uncollected/epic quests. Seems unlikely doesn`t it. And heroic level players could get almost 6 4* in 6 weeks. Alle seems a little high for a side quest.
    Why not? At this rate 6x T4CC aren't a big deal anymore actually....at least for me, and I think it should start to be so for everyone.
    But maybe your game level and my game level are different. My alliance only plays map 5x5 and never once goes above that BUT I have 45x T4CC in the stash

I hope I'm correct so that we all can more rewards. Otherwise, the new side quest are really not worth much of time for half of the players, I think
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Ace_03 said:

DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

@Kabam Miike I know we'll get to see all this next week, but it'd be super helpful if we had some expectation of what these stones will do or how essential they'll be to completing content. I have over a hundred 4-stars, but no Iron Man. Am I gonna need to consider ranking a 3-star? Is it designed to be completed with Avengers generally, but the stones give a huge boost?

This would be a relevant piece of information, and one of the reasons I’m reserving judgment.

My Kabam-y Sense tells me people like @Longtimegamer and @SquareheadOne are right, but I’d like to hope that the game team can piggyback a decade of superb cinematic narrative build-up to create an enjoyable gaming experience.

Champ requirements aren’t popular—unless, of course, that Soul stone gives OGCap pre-12.0 block pro, and the Mind Stone gives OGIM arc overload every 10 seconds, and the Time Stone gives BW a version of old Magik’s Rewind every several seconds, etc., etc., etc.

I’m short: I’m worried. But I’m also hoping Kabam gets it right.

Dr. Zola
    Dude didn't you quit the game? I would find it baffling to even care about it anymore, if I quit. To add to the discussion, it is what it is, they have to find new ways to create new content and their most creative ideas now involve champion limitations, which favor people with deep rosters, you can't do it? get a deeper roster, or pay win. Or slave away in the arenas getting units.
    No, I didn’t quit—I just take longer breaks than I used to. Bounties seemed like a quick and easy way to push myself over the hump to a few more 5*’s and another 6*. Thus far they’ve been easy shards that yielded negligible account growth, but that happens.

Appreciate your keen insight, but I didn’t say I lack the roster to complete content. My issue is what feels like less than creative approaches to power creep in game. Your previous comments suggest you weren’t such a big fan of champ restrictions when Act 6 came out, but it sounds like you’ve changed your tune.

Who knows? Endgame event content may be awesome, or it may be cause for another hiatus. That’s a decision each of us has to make.

Dr. Zola
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291

Donnymeij said:

So, let me simplify it for you guys. The rewards for Quest For The Stones in the picture are all for one week only. So do your math and multiply it by 6.

For Save The Battlerealm, I'm not sure.
    The rewards in the picture can either be for 100% completion of all 6 paths OR for a single path clearance.
    Need @Kabam Miike to clarify this further

So you think we can get 6x T4CC for 4path uncollected/epic quests. Seems unlikely doesn`t it. And heroic level players could get almost 6 4* in 6 weeks. Alle seems a little high for a side quest.
    Why not? At this rate 6x T4CC aren't a big deal anymore actually....at least for me, and I think it should start to be so for everyone.
    But maybe your game level and my game level are different. My alliance only plays map 5x5 and never once goes above that BUT I have 45x T4CC in the stash

I hope I'm correct so that we all can more rewards. Otherwise, the new side quest are really not worth much of time for half of the players, I think
    Furthetmore,
    I dont want rank up bad champs like Captain America og, IM og or even BW....

Lets say i rank up them and play epics for what, for receive 10k of gold? Worths The risk?

What are The drop rates anyway @Kabam Miike ?
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

The_Boss9 said:

Question - for ex you say iron man for one day, is that all versions of iron man? Or og iron man?

Only the Specific Champion! So only the original Iron Man.
    You guys don't really expect us to spend t4bc,gold and iso8 to rank up six useless champions so we can use them for one month and then put them on the shelf after,do you?
    You mean 2 useless champs. Hawkeye, hulk, black widow, and Thor has use. Iron man and cap need a buff desperately
  • theunluckynoobtheunluckynoob Posts: 42
    edited April 2019

The_Boss9 said:

Question - for ex you say iron man for one day, is that all versions of iron man? Or og iron man?

You guys don't really expect us to spend t4bc,gold and iso8 to rank up six useless champions so we can use them for one month and then put them on the shelf after,do you?
    You mean 2 useless champs. Hawkeye, hulk, black widow, and Thor has use. Iron man and cap need a buff desperately
    Has use? If you're overflowing with t4cc and gold to the point of ranking up champions that only have some "use" instead of maxing out god tiers that can clear aw,eq and aq map 5+ then good for you, but for me and most players that don't have that privilege they are utterly six useless champions
  • dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    If this is "My Little Symbiote" with OG Avengers where they are so OP with the buffs it's crazy this will be super fun.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    How long are the buffs gonna last?
  • Jerome08Jerome08 Posts: 1
    Regarding the Infinity Stone boosts, will it only affect the original versions of the Avengers or if there's other versions will they count?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Jerome08 said:

Regarding the Infinity Stone boosts, will it only affect the original versions of the Avengers or if there's other versions will they count?

Only the original.
  • Sounds fun. I'm all prepared for the event but the disadvantage is that some of us don't have some of those Champions :-(
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 265 ★★
    edited April 2019

The_Boss9 said:

Why then give us a 2*im iw? I think he meant original, like original hulk, not hulk rag or thor rag, but just plain thor. But im and cap iw are avengers and can be used, but those other 2 appeared in a non avengers movie where as cap iw and im iw only appears in an avengers movie.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    Thiartc said:

The_Boss9 said:

Why then give us a 2*im iw? I think he meant original, like original hulk, not hulk rag or thor rag, but just plain thor. But im and cap iw are avengers and can be used, but those other 2 appeared in a non avengers movie where as cap iw and im iw only appears in an avengers movie.
    I claimed the 2* IM(IW) and then realised I had max rank/level the champ. :(
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Interesting! Posted way back in September 2017.

Infinity Stones may or may not be introduced into MCOC but this is my plot for how Infinity Stones would work as a new earnable system mechanic:

All additional buffs from infinity Stones will last for 10 seconds, there would be a gauge that fills up as you fight. When the gauge is full you would simply tap the stone icon activating the 10 second buff ability; Infinity Stone buffs will be universal to all champions. You will have a chance at getting Infinity Stones within Crystals, if you happen to get duplicate Infinity Stones they will be converted into units. Confrontation against A.I. with Infinity Stones will only occur within Alliance Wars.

Power Stone - The power stone when activated will apply a 10 second damage and defence buff, basic attacks and specials will inflict increased damage while your defence is also significantly increased.

Time Stone - The time stone when activated will apply a 10 second speed buff. Basic attacks and movement speed will be greatly increased.

Space Stone - The space stone when activated will lock out your opponents ability to backdash and block for 10 seconds. This will briefly limit their defence and movement away from you.

Mind Stone - The mind stone when activated will apply a 10 second power gain towards you and a 10 second power drain towards your opponent.

Soul Stone - The soul stone has two choices. Activate the soul stone manually while fighting to apply 10 seconds of regeneration or save your soul stone a 10 second revival. Your second choice In relations to punisher and Phoenix is to save your soul stone and be granted an additional 10 second life boost after a death blow. During the 10 seconds you can be attack but cannot die, only after you are vunerable to attacks.

Reality Stone - The reality stone when activated will apply a 10 second ability to put 2 DOT (damage over time) effects on your opponent. The DOT's can vary from poison, incinerate, bleed, coldsnap and degeneration.

If anyone wants go into further detail, offer some more ideas or change anything please feel free. Otherwise I hope you like this. ^^

• Lol
  • JbwildeJbwilde Posts: 55
    I think something that would make this better would be if the gold and units were in “addition to” instead of the only prize. I think it would soften the blow on getting things like a 4* awakening gem. Just an idea thank you.
  • RellenquishRellenquish Posts: 92
    So if i had a 4 star cap, i can change it to a 5*?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Mr_Holl87 said:

@DNA3000

@codebreaker

Very true and I completely agree. And I know to an extent there HAS to be RNG in pretty much every game. But when progression is solely based on random luck, that's a big problem.

That would be a problem if it were true to that extreme, but I don't think this is true. You could be a little unlucky and not pull the very best champs. You could be very unlucky and not pull any of the higher tier champs. You would have to be astronomically unlucky to not pull any champs capable of getting you through the vast majority of the content. And while there's no way to examine every single player's roster and circumstances, I have experienced too many instances of supposedly "bad pulls" ending up being useful enough that I don't believe RNG is a direct impediment to progress. It can speed you up or slow you down, in the same way that someone that grinds (or buys) more crystals can be faster or slower, but I don't think any reasonably possible bad luck would completely stop my game progress. You could slow me down or set me back, but I would still be making progress.

If progress were in fact solely based on random luck, that would mean nothing I did and nothing I could do could have any influence on my progress. You can't control random chance. And if I were powerless to do anything to influence my progress in the game, it would be pointless for me to play the game. I don't currently feel this is true to any significant degree.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

@DNA3000

@codebreaker

Very true and I completely agree. And I know to an extent there HAS to be RNG in pretty much every game. But when progression is solely based on random luck, that's a big problem.

That would be a problem if it were true to that extreme, but I don't think this is true. You could be a little unlucky and not pull the very best champs. You could be very unlucky and not pull any of the higher tier champs. You would have to be astronomically unlucky to not pull any champs capable of getting you through the vast majority of the content. And while there's no way to examine every single player's roster and circumstances, I have experienced too many instances of supposedly "bad pulls" ending up being useful enough that I don't believe RNG is a direct impediment to progress. It can speed you up or slow you down, in the same way that someone that grinds (or buys) more crystals can be faster or slower, but I don't think any reasonably possible bad luck would completely stop my game progress. You could slow me down or set me back, but I would still be making progress.

If progress were in fact solely based on random luck, that would mean nothing I did and nothing I could do could have any influence on my progress. You can't control random chance. And if I were powerless to do anything to influence my progress in the game, it would be pointless for me to play the game. I don't currently feel this is true to any significant degree.
    So do you think in the end everyone more or less ends up in the same spot relative to their ingame cohorts and a champ acquisition strategy comes with significant diminishing returns in the long run? I've got teammates that have probably spent $300k-$500k on their accounts and mine is more or less just as functional as their's.