**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Crystal Idea, dividing the pool

I have an idea to help with balance (and yes im bitter after pulling ronan, ronan, kk, and groot) and the over population of the 5* pool. Have 2 ‘base’ 5* crystals. Dived the champs (equally good and bad alike) into 2 different pool and alternate the new releases between to 2 crystals they enter the base pool.

This helps summoners have some more control, or at least choices, over their roster building. It could help mitigate shard hoarding (not that im against that), and it reduce the chance of getting lesser champs (so it’s good for kabam too).

It can be implemented into the story of the game too, it could be 2 factions of the battle realm or a hero and villains base 5* crystal.

With the chances of getting a desired champ from the base 5* crystals falling below 1% and the featured 5* setup being not worth the extra shards, maybe this is a way to help excite players about their chances of pulling a more premium champ.

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    So.. what’s in it for Kabam by doing so?
  • LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    xNig said:

So.. what’s in it for Kabam by doing so?

Maybe people wouldn’t hoard as much, they’d lose nothing if they did something like this. They’ve already said “hoarding” is unhealthy for the game, they need to need to do things in make us want to use our resources.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    They do this already. You just have to pay 5000 extra shards for the privilege of being disappointed with a featured crystal.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Lrrrr said:

I have an idea to help with balance (and yes im bitter after pulling ronan, ronan, kk, and groot) and the over population of the 5* pool. Have 2 ‘base’ 5* crystals. Dived the champs (equally good and bad alike) into 2 different pool and alternate the new releases between to 2 crystals they enter the base pool.

This helps summoners have some more control, or at least choices, over their roster building. It could help mitigate shard hoarding (not that im against that), and it reduce the chance of getting lesser champs (so it’s good for kabam too).

It can be implemented into the story of the game too, it could be 2 factions of the battle realm or a hero and villains base 5* crystal.

With the chances of getting a desired champ from the base 5* crystals falling below 1% and the featured 5* setup being not worth the extra shards, maybe this is a way to help excite players about their chances of pulling a more premium champ.

They won't do it because it leads to them admitting there are "bad" champs in the game.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    I agree with your sentiment, bud. Something needs to be done.

The pool is just getting bigger and bigger and will not stop. What are we at now? 140ish champs?
  • LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    Hamin said:

I agree with your sentiment, bud. Something needs to be done.

The pool is just getting bigger and bigger and will not stop. What are we at now? 140ish champs?

It’s something crazy, look at the game future fight. They separate there champs by class and you get class selectors. I’m not advocating that, but something that breaks up to pool to give more of a feeling of chance/choice in the game. I’m at the point I don’t wanna open crystals anymore cause there’s more chance of frustration than fun.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    the basic pool is laughably overcrowded, almost forgotten lol just funnel in the new champs