**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Infinite Refresh of CN region Negative Space Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

Well,I won't say I want to see anyone banned. I leave the punishment up to their discretion. Lol. I hope something is done.

doubt that kabam will do anything to the players, or even take back the rewards, because it will take too much time and effort just like the gem issue, or the AQ double/triple rewards. I heard kabam employees are really busy already, so let's try not to add more burden on their behalf.

• SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Excited to see some bans hopefully they perm ban anyone exploiting it

Will anyone change alliance this month and play more than 3 NZBM a day get banned?
    To a lesser extent if anything.
    Thisnis pretty easy to see how bad it was abused on kabams end.

Personally speaking over 5 extra runs shows intent to exploit and deserves a perm ban.
    Under 5 I can see being written off as accidental and just remove the rewards from accts
    Why 5? You don’t like the alliance you have entered and you leave. Now joining and leaving alliance will let you get banned too?

Well,I won't say I want to see anyone banned. I leave the punishment up to their discretion. Lol. I hope something is done.

i dont think anyone would get banned for this. but yes, definitely leave the decision to kabam; they will probably just implement something like you cannot get the shards repeatedly in 8 hrs.
    Drooped2 said:

I hope they zero out all their shards and catalysts. I don’t care if they started with 10k shards and half an t5b. They should lose everything that they gained plus learn a lesson...

That's a weak lesson imo.
    Just perm ban the accts and move on
    every time an area of game is exploited

expectation: perm ban
    reality: nothing happens

you shouldnt get your hopes too high
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    webtswx said:

doubt that kabam will do anything to the players, or even take back the rewards, because it will take too much time and effort just like the gem issue, or the AQ double/triple rewards. I heard kabam employees are really busy already, so let's try not to add more burden on their behalf.

The Gem issue didn't have half as much of an effect as this. The Gems still did what they were meant to. The difference being the pool of Champs they were used on. Unfair that some got to use them that way and not others, sure. Not much of an effect to the overall game, especially with the low number of people who used them.
    What we're talking about here is hundreds and thousands of extra Shards people exploited. That DOES have quite an effect overall. These people intentionally put forth effort into exploiting these Rewards. They didn't just benefit from a server error, through no fault of their own. That's a priority.

webtswx said:

The Gem issue didn't have half as much of an effect as this. The Gems still did what they were meant to. The difference being the pool of Champs they were used on. Unfair that some got to use them that way and not others, sure. Not much of an effect to the overall game, especially with the low number of people who used them.
    What we're talking about here is hundreds and thousands of extra Shards people exploited. That DOES have quite an effect overall. These people intentionally put forth effort into exploiting these Rewards. They didn't just benefit from a server error, through no fault of their own. That's a priority.
    so are you asking Kabam to be fair? what happened?
    In just about any game I can think of, an exploit is a high priority.
    edited April 2019

In just about any game I can think of, an exploit is a high priority.

hope when kabam finally makes its decision, you dont change your tongue. im sure kabam will always make the right decision. I do have confidence in kabam's ability and efficiency after witnessing a few examples. o:)
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying.
    They have taken action towards exploits in the past. As for what they do here, that's up to them. I do believe something needs to be done, yes. Providing they can identify and prove who is doing it, which shouldn't be a problem, considering how specific the behavior is. It's easy to discern people jumping from Ally to Ally, to milk Bounties.
    I think you're comparing errors on their end to actual exploits.

They have taken action towards exploits in the past. As for what they do here, that's up to them. I do believe something needs to be done, yes. Providing they can identify and prove who is doing it, which shouldn't be a problem, considering how specific the behavior is. It's easy to discern people jumping from Ally to Ally, to milk Bounties.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying either. Now you think something needs to be done.I'll wait and see when nothing serious gets done about this issue, if you'll suddenly change your tongue about how kabam should handle this as usual.
    Drooped2 said:

Errors on their end often get ignored
    Exploits often get a slap on the wrist and a cookie.

Kabam needs to stop treating things as small. And come at exploits hard.
    Or this behavior continues.

Sorry but there hasnt been a single exploit that kabam responded to properly imo
    just wait for the moment when Kabam annouces that it will do nothing regarding this situation, and see if he will suddenly jump to defend kabam instead
    webtswx said:

I don't think you understand what I'm saying either. Now you think something needs to be done.I'll wait and see when nothing serious gets done about this issue, if you'll suddenly change your tongue about how kabam should handle this as usual.
    If you're implying I'm going to change my mind that something should be done about exploits, no I will not.
    Drooped2 said:

Sorry but there hasnt been a single exploit that kabam responded to properly imo
    Errors on their end have more wiggle room. Most often because it's their fault. There have been instances where they haven't let it slide. It all depends on the overall effect on the game.

I'm not getting into that debate. Lol. I'm not as swift with the Ban Hammer as some. It really depends on some factors for me. Individual cases vary.
  • kimkingokimkingo Posts: 37
    webtswx said:

If some people go to exploit the vulnerability, and aq,aw can not open, this let normal game players have a loss
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    edited April 2019

Nothing against your opinion. But banning someone because your bad calculations is hilarious. You allow players to change alliance, to create alliances and to play unlimited bounty mission and now you want to ban them because they do exactly what is allowed to do? Nah it’s hilarious and Kabam will not do it. Players did nothing against the law.

And about taking back rewards, for ordinary players who had to spend hundreds units to complete epic or master difficulty will Kabam compensate to them? How much will they compensate for ordinary players who happened to change alliance this month? I guess there were dozen of thousands players who have changed their alliances. Will Kabam track down them all and decide case by case what they should do for each account?

Kabam has created bad situation themselves and now if they punish players for their bad calculations, it’s totally unfair and power abusing.

• kimkingokimkingo Posts: 37
    DemitriM said:

you already started a post about it

whats the point of starting another one?

ALSO!You cant exploit the bug,go join a new alliance if the NZ quest has already started before you join, you cant participate and get rewards

If some people go to exploit the vulnerability, and aqaw can not open, this let normal game players have a loss

webtswx said:

If you're implying I'm going to change my mind that something should be done about exploits, no I will not.
    interesting, i never see you have that firm attitude before. hopefully, you will be telling kabam that this is unfair, since you are their most trusted employee, and not sugarcoating their inefficiency.

Nothing against your opinion. But banning someone because your bad calculations is hilarious. You allow players to change alliance, to create alliances and to play unlimited bounty mission and now you ask to ban them because they do exactly what is allowed to do? Nah it’s hilarious and Kabam will not do it. Players did nothing against the law.

And about taking back rewards, for ordinary players who had to spend dozen units to complete epic or master difficulty will Kabam compensate to them? How much will they compensate for ordinary players who happened to change alliance this month? I guess there were dozen of thousands players who have changed their alliances. Will Kabam track down them all and decide case by case what they should do for each account?

Kabam has created bad situation themselves and now if they punish players for their bad calculations, it’s totally unfair and power abusing.

I didn't say ban them. I said something should be done.
    If you're trying to justify people milking the system in an exploitative and unfair way, just because Kabam made it literally possible to do, you are not going to make any headroom with me.
    People make their own choices. They make the choice to exploit the game mode. They make the choice to gain unfair Rewards by taking advantage of how it works. They make the choice to assume it will be ignored because Kabam designed the system that allowed it to happen. That's all on them. Not Kabam. People choose to be dishonest.

Drooped2 said:

Errors on their end have more wiggle room. Most often because it's their fault. There have been instances where they haven't let it slide. It all depends on the overall effect on the game.

I'm not getting into that debate. Lol. I'm not as swift with the Ban Hammer as some. It really depends on some factors for me. Individual cases vary.
    so you are actually not about fairness for all, just for some. convenient
    webtswx said:

webtswx said:

interesting, i never see you have that firm attitude before. hopefully, you will be telling kabam that this is unfair, since you are their most trusted employee, and not sugarcoating their inefficiency.
    I'm not an Employee. Never have been. I've always had a staunch attitude towards cheating.
This discussion has been closed.