**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Infinite Refresh of CN region Negative Space Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192
    edited April 2019

webtswx said:

webtswx said:

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.
    They have taken action towards exploits in the past. As for what they do here, that's up to them. I do believe something needs to be done, yes. Providing they can identify and prove who is doing it, which shouldn't be a problem, considering how specific the behavior is. It's easy to discern people jumping from Ally to Ally, to milk Bounties.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying either. Now you think something needs to be done.I'll wait and see when nothing serious gets done about this issue, if you'll suddenly change your tongue about how kabam should handle this as usual.
    If you're implying I'm going to change my mind that something should be done about exploits, no I will not.
    interesting, i never see you have that firm attitude before. hopefully, you will be telling kabam that this is unfair, since you are their most trusted employee, and not sugarcoating their inefficiency.
    I'm not an Employee. Never have been. I've always had a staunch attitude towards cheating.
    sure, we'll all keep in mind that you are concerned about fairness in the game

and i didnt mean you are an employee literally
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    webtswx said:

Drooped2 said:

I think you're comparing errors on their end to actual exploits.

Errors on their end often get ignored
    Exploits often get a slap on the wrist and a cookie.

Kabam needs to stop treating things as small. And come at exploits hard.
    Or this behavior continues.

Sorry but there hasnt been a single exploit that kabam responded to properly imo
    Errors on their end have more wiggle room. Most often because it's their fault. There have been instances where they haven't let it slide. It all depends on the overall effect on the game.

I'm not getting into that debate. Lol. I'm not as swift with the Ban Hammer as some. It really depends on some factors for me. Individual cases vary.
    so you are actually not about fairness for all, just for some. convenient
    That's not what I said at all. I said it depends on the overall effect on the game. When errors occur, it's not always about fairness and giving everyone else the same. It's about resolving the error with the least amount of added problems. Creating more work than is necessary so everyone can benefit from a bug is not always reasonable.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry but from how I understand it, once you have entered a bounty, even jumping into another alliance will not allow you to enter another until the timer on the previous bounty that you have entered has expired. Is that not the case?
    Drooped2 said:

webtswx said:

webtswx said:

They have taken action towards exploits in the past. As for what they do here, that's up to them. I do believe something needs to be done, yes. Providing they can identify and prove who is doing it, which shouldn't be a problem, considering how specific the behavior is. It's easy to discern people jumping from Ally to Ally, to milk Bounties.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying either. Now you think something needs to be done.I'll wait and see when nothing serious gets done about this issue, if you'll suddenly change your tongue about how kabam should handle this as usual.
    If you're implying I'm going to change my mind that something should be done about exploits, no I will not.
    interesting, i never see you have that firm attitude before. hopefully, you will be telling kabam that this is unfair, since you are their most trusted employee, and not sugarcoating their inefficiency.
    I'm not an Employee. Never have been. I've always had a staunch attitude towards cheating.
    Ehh staunch is an over statement anything short of a perm ban is a weak punishment
    HAHA. I meant I've always been strongly against it. I don't get into punishments. For many reasons.
    xNig said:

I'm sorry but from how I understand it, once you have entered a bounty, even jumping into another alliance will not allow you to enter another until the timer on the previous bounty that you have entered has expired. Is that not the case?

Apparently, people are going from Ally to Ally and running Bounties.
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Drooped2 said:

Nothing against your opinion. But banning someone because your bad calculations is hilarious. You allow players to change alliance, to create alliances and to play unlimited bounty mission and now you want to ban them because they do exactly what is allowed to do? Nah it’s hilarious and Kabam will not do it. Players did nothing against the law.

And about taking back rewards, for ordinary players who had to spend dozen units to complete epic or master difficulty will Kabam compensate to them? How much will they compensate for ordinary players who happened to change alliance this month? I guess there were dozen of thousands players who have changed their alliances. Will Kabam track down them all and decide case by case what they should do for each account?

Kabam has created bad situation themselves and now if they punish players for their bad calculations, it’s totally unfair and power abusing.

Compensate for exploiting? Lol are you serious?
    Very serious. I talk about players who happened to change alliance during this month and played more bounty mission without paying attention about the flaw of system. Because they are not strong enough they had to spend hundreds units to complete epic difficulty. If you take back your rewards, you have to compensate to them. It’s totally understandable.

Or do you want to take their real money for free?
    Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

From what I gather YOU cant start them more then 1 every 8 hrs.

But hoping from ally to ally where they are already started allows a rerun and for some reason completion is getting reset to zero?
    That's weird. I shifted my alt into my sister ally and the bounty was locked (I couldn't join in) until it expired. Seriously no idea what's happening lol
    xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

But hoping from ally to ally where they are already started allows a rerun and for some reason completion is getting reset to zero?
    That's weird. I shifted my alt into my sister ally and the bounty was locked (I couldn't join in) until it expired. Seriously no idea what's happening lol
    be careful, you'll get banned for switching alliances, as some stated above.
    webtswx said:

xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

The existing bounty that was open in my sister alliance was locked to me. Lol
    webtswx said:

xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

That's minimizing the issue. People are not switching Allies in these instances. They're exploiting thousands of Shards by switching repeatedly and milking Bounties.
  • kimkingokimkingo Posts: 37
    xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

You must leave as soon as you finish the dungeon. The new alliance will start negative space missions when you join
  • BrightfireHDBrightfireHD Posts: 81
    There are no rules forbidding players hopping between alliances,
    and there are no rules forbidding players grinding bounties more than 3 times per day.
    Players need "Antimatter" currency to activate a mission, and Kabam gave them free rein.
    So, Kabam may confiscate those extra bounties, but they cannot implement any bans.
    If anything, it's Kabam who most need to learn a lesson - not to rush out contents full of bugs every time.
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Drooped2 said:

Nothing against your opinion. But banning someone because your bad calculations is hilarious. You allow players to change alliance, to create alliances and to play unlimited bounty mission and now you want to ban them because they do exactly what is allowed to do? Nah it’s hilarious and Kabam will not do it. Players did nothing against the law.

And about taking back rewards, for ordinary players who had to spend dozen units to complete epic or master difficulty will Kabam compensate to them? How much will they compensate for ordinary players who happened to change alliance this month? I guess there were dozen of thousands players who have changed their alliances. Will Kabam track down them all and decide case by case what they should do for each account?

Kabam has created bad situation themselves and now if they punish players for their bad calculations, it’s totally unfair and power abusing.

Compensate for exploiting? Lol are you serious?
    Very serious. I talk about good intentions players who happened to change alliance during this month and played bounty mission a few more time. Because they are not strong enough they had to spend hundreds of units to complete higher difficulty. If you take back their rewards, you definitely have to compensate to them.

Or you want to take their hard earned money for free.

and there are no rules forbidding players grinding bounties more than 3 times per day.
    Players need "Antimatter" currency to activate a mission, and Kabam gave them free rein.
    So, Kabam may confiscate those extra bounties, but they cannot implement any bans.
    If anything, it's Kabam who most need to learn a lesson - not to rush out contents full of bugs every time.

There are absolutely rules against exploitation and taking advantage of game modes in ways that are not in the spirit of fair play.
    This is the responsibility of people who choose to cheat the system. Not Kabam.
    The fact that people are trying to find a way to blame Kabam for this, I find to be audacious, irreverent, and disturbing.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

• BrightfireHDBrightfireHD Posts: 81

I just done what each member had a month. I actually wasn’t sure how many we got in a month. I settled on 40. I just done the 40 x 30 members.

There is a real flavor in this, don't you think?
    Bounty Hunter Guilds assign missions, and their hunters travel around the world to finish the job.

Other rough numbers-250k 5 star shards/ 18k 6 star shards/ 2 t5b/ 20 t2a. Those are game altering numbers. That’s around 6 months worth of master AW rewards. They absolutely can’t let this one go.

We agree. Should I be scared? ;)
    Lainua said:

It’s true. And Kabam will take a dangerous road if they punish players for doing what they are allowed to do. It’s illegal and power abuse.

As for taking back rewards, if they do that, they have to compensate to players who pay real money to complete epic and master difficulty. Taking their money for free is unacceptable.

So you think not only is it their fault people cheated, they should be afraid to take action because people may have paid to finish Bounties they shouldn't be milking to begin with? Right.....

The fact that people are trying to find a way to blame Kabam for this, I find to be audacious, irreverent, and disturbing.

why? isn't this a flaw in the game that's not addressed promptly? does this not at least point to the fact that this game mode wasnt tested comprehensively in the first place, just like the dungeon friendship bug in the past?

also, trying to use emotional language to paint Kabam as the victim in this case is cringy to say at the least. Isnt this a lesson for Kabam as well (like it didnt happen before with the dungeon friendship bug, etc.), to test before releasing, to address issue promptly, to provide clear description and instruction??
This discussion has been closed.