**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Maintenance - Tuesday, May 30th

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
Hey Summoners! This week’s maintenance will start at 8pm PDT on Tuesday. It will be longer than our average maintenance, and we are estimating that it will take as long as 4 hours to complete. We thank you for your patience as we take a few hours to maintain our back-end systems and keep things running smoothly, and look forward to returning the game to you all!

We’ll keep you all updated on the progress of this maintenance during that evening. It’s important to note that Alliance Wars Matchmaking will close on Sunday at 7PM PDT.

Comments

• FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    Hi Adora.

Can you confirm that this maintenance will include most of the fixes that we are looking forward to?

Thank you.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Hi Adora.

Can you confirm that this maintenance will include most of the fixes that we are looking forward to?

Thank you.

Hopefully it is. 4 hours is a lot of time and we should expect some bug fixes.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Only guessing, but it likely depends on if the bug fixes are server-side or not. It seems many times the bug fixes require an actual software update.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    I think the game is gradually be 'fixed'. The scraps which was somewhere near the upper half in inventory is now displayed at the bottom.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    The new update will need to be downloaded... not just maintenance on the server.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    I think the reasonable is because its Memorial Day in USA (holiday) so they will be off probably over the weekend so they need to catch up on Tuesday with all the work and server maintenance and such. so don't keep your hopes up
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    There was a post by Mods stating game developer working on big patch hoping for end month but unsure which day. I think if there is anything, it will be just on the day Raccoon's quest end and the "Can I push the button now question starts".
  • Mad_RagewolfMad_Ragewolf Posts: 103
    Question... what about arena time... the maintenace will eat 4 hrs. Is the arena time will be pause too?
  • InjusticeInjustice Posts: 38
    Question... what about arena time... the maintenace will eat 4 hrs. Is the arena time will be pause too?

Arena time will end at the same time it always ends. It will be paused for everyone during the maintenance of course. Although it clearly hurts those timezones who are most active during those hours more.
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    I'm already predicting people complaining about not making the cutoff because they missed their window to play. :)
  • Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    For a 4 hour maintenance I would expect that kabam will most likely send out some sort of care package like with the Bautista thing. Maybe some alliance potions and arena boosts as these areas will be hit the most, I think this is a fair request.
    edited May 2017
    Mr_Wiff wrote: »
    For a 4 hour maintenance I would expect that kabam will most likely send out some sort of care package like with the Bautista thing. Maybe some alliance potions and arena boosts as these areas will be hit the most, I think this is a fair request.

I doubt it. Remember when we had to wait almost 24 hours for the mordo arena rank rewards? Yeah, the amount of time consumed by problems is no big deal.

But, compensation is reasonable when the new update is released. Because the game has bugs which made the game almost unplayable.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    This maintenance won't contain the bug fixes we are all so desperate for. Those will have to come from an update that we receive from the play store or app store, I did read a post from a mod that they are trying to get it out by the end of the month but no solid date. Am only guessing here but the extended maintenance is probably related to the emergency shutdown we had the other day
  • BeowulfBeowulf Posts: 34
    "Keep things running smoothly"

I lold at this
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Beowulf wrote: »

I lold at this

Yeah it was posted in my alliance line chat. We all had a good chuckle
  • BeowulfBeowulf Posts: 34
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    Beowulf wrote: »

I lold at this

Yeah it was posted in my alliance line chat. We all had a good chuckle

Maybe there referring to the shaft..
  • SamaelDarkfireSamaelDarkfire Posts: 11
    Good. I'm glad there's maintenance. Hopefully, you'll fix some glitches.

While you're at it, please fix the swipe glitch. My heroes jump backwards nonstop and it is really annoying. I don't swipe ever. My characters should NOT be jumping away from the opponent. It is really annoying. Please fix asap!
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    We would all appreciate if you could list what bugs are being fixed. If bugs aren't being fixed, then they should be and Kabam needs to reprioritize quickly.
  • WilkyWilky Posts: 6
    You really need to fix the evade issue this is becoming unbearable to play at a high level of competition in AQ &a AW. If I swipe back I should evade not block. You put unblockable nodes in both AQ and AW yet it's a **** shoot if your going to be able to even evade. The game play has gone down hill and many including myself are thinking of quitting and just playing a console game. I would hate for 2 years of work at this game to go down the toilet but your leaving us no choice. There are way to many bugs still not fixed and every update seems to add new one. Please just fix the game or risk another wave of people quitting!
  • HamedSOHamedSO Posts: 139
    edited May 2017
    This maintenance will not fix all bugs in the game, neither AQ bugs nor dormammu problems! This need the new version of the game to be released! Kabam is certainly happy with the delay in fixing those bugs!
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    Most of you are dreaming.

All maintenance is, putting in all the upcoming stuff (punisher/carnage) more bs ridiculously over prices scam offers.

Oh and 2 hours of "extensive" testing by their beta testers.

All of this amounts to nothing more than.. Well.. Compounding the issues we all currently suffer
  • blxblx Posts: 1
    How to get champion five star with easy
  • 4thYellowFlash4thYellowFlash Posts: 28
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey Summoners! This week’s maintenance will start at 8pm PDT on Tuesday. It will be longer than our average maintenance, and we are estimating that it will take as long as 4 hours to complete. We thank you for your patience as we take a few hours to maintain our back-end systems and keep things running smoothly, and look forward to returning the game to you all!

We’ll keep you all updated on the progress of this maintenance during that evening. It’s important to note that Alliance Wars Matchmaking will close on Sunday at 7PM PDT.

What about the Arena? This will happen on day2 of a Featured Champions Arena. That's a lot of time to be away from scoring points. What will Kabam do about that? Fight Recovery, Stamina Refills, adding extra time to said Event.
    Kabam can you get back to me on this topic...

Thank you.

• No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »

What about the Arena? This will happen on day2 of a Featured Champions Arena. That's a lot of time to be away from scoring points. What will Kabam do about that? Fight Recovery, Stamina Refills, adding extra time to said Event.

Thank you.

This is just my opinion but they are giving you notice well in advance of an arena that hasn't even started yet. It's incumbent on you to plan appropriately. This is not one of those emergency maintenances that randomly happen for great lengths of time. This is a scheduled maintenance that always occurs at the same time and will last an estimated 2 hours longer. If you feel this is going to affect you then plan accordingly, grind more earlier or burn units to make up for the time. Yes, if you really want the champ, then spend to get it.
  • SamaelDarkfireSamaelDarkfire Posts: 11
    Good. I'm glad there's maintenance. Hopefully, you'll fix some glitches.

While you're at it, please fix the swipe glitch. My heroes jump backwards nonstop and it is really annoying. I don't swipe ever. My characters should NOT be jumping away from the opponent. It is really annoying. Please fix asap!

I'd also like to point out that Injustice 2 has the exact same swipe to jump forward/backward feature as this game does and it plays perfectly fine. My heroes/villains don't constantly jump backwards on their own like they're doing on Contest of Champions. Injustice 2 plays with no problems whatsoever. As such, don't go trying to blame it on my IPad. My IPad is brand new. This is definitely a game glitch and needs to be fixed.

P.S. If the glitch cannot be fixed, then at least enable the ability to disable the swipe feature so players with this glitch can turn it off.
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited May 2017
    [/quote]

Thank you.

[/quote]

It means 4 hours less grinding? So you can live your life

Maintenance is GAME WIDE how have you people not figured that out yet? You don't deserve free stuff as NOONE can arena during that time. If you are a serious arena grinder than it means you easily hit all milestones so there's NO effect. If you barely squeak to milestones on day 3, then it may or may not matter.

As the great Arnold Schwarzenegger once said, "STOP WHINING"
    We would all appreciate if you could list what bugs are being fixed. If bugs aren't being fixed, then they should be and Kabam needs to reprioritize quickly.

I know right. If all bugs don't get fixed by the next patch i quit. This game is almost unplayable and with the new offers that come regularly, they're useless.

How is it possible to buy resources for your champs/roster while the game is bugged? The reality with those offers is that people buy them, the game is bugged, and they quit.

If kabam wants to make more money, they need to put game performance over new content. Not new content over game performance.
This discussion has been closed.