**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Make a trade in system for class awakening gems

I’m not sure if anyone at Kabam realizes how heart breaking it is to pull the same gem you can’t use multiple times in a row. Or fix the RNG on them to scale towards what you don’t have. Jesus this is frustrating with how rare they are.

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,028 ★★★★★
    Fix the RNG to scale toward what you don't have? Then its not RNG anymore.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    In the next year there is going to be around 24 new champs introduced, give or take a couple. In that time you will open dozens of 5* and 6* crystals. Why would you ever want to trade in multiple gems for one? That’s some unfortunate luck for the present, but for something so rare, this kind of trade would definitely bite you.
  • Options
    cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Man I'm bummed. I pulled 5 science, and 3 skill gems. I guess rng wants me to sit on these gems
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

Fix the RNG to scale toward what you don't have? Then its not RNG anymore.

I think he's just saying make it a higher percentage for you to get an item you're lacking in. That's still RNG, just like pulling different rewards with different percentages from a cavalier crystal for example.
  • Options
    peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    I can see Kabam possibly one day bringing in a one time trade in for 5* awakening gems. But probably only on a special holiday or when 6*'s are much more common than they currently are
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Actually, that wouldn't be RNG. That would be a different system. The current RNG doesn't analyze what you have. It just generates an outcome based on the pool.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

Actually, that wouldn't be RNG. That would be a different system. The current RNG doesn't analyze what you have. It just generates an outcome based on the pool.

I'm open to being wrong here. So, are you saying it would only be considered RNG if all rewards had the same drop rates?

I was looking at it along the lines of crystals where different items had different drop rates, so everything was still up to chance, just skewed more towards certain rewards.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Well, they do have different Drop Rates, but those aren't influenced by outside factors.
    The Drop Rates can differ, as per your example, but the outcome is generated based on those Drop Rates, as a separate occurrence from what you have. It's the same pool for everyone, every time.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    I would gladly sit on 5 Science gems than to trade them, 2 or 3 for 1 (like t4cc). I really wanted an AG for one of my champs at one point so I did LOL 100%.