**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Masochism is broken

Thor inflicts 2 debuffs when he parries
Blade inflicts 2 debuffs when he parries
Caiw inflicts upto 4 debuff when he parries depending on synergy

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    And what you posted has nothng to do with masoquism.
    If you are talking about the node consuming multiple debuffs at once, that's intended. Search for more info since this was already discussed
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    On Thor's case, I would assume pacify mastery caused it to happen
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

On Thor's case, I would assume pacify mastery caused it to happen

thor has always been a special case, otherwise you understand it completely. Thor has a debuff that causes another debuff, and this has weird interactions with current nodes.

Everyone else applies multiple debuffs at once, all get removed thanks to maso
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Thor works like this
    when he parries he stuns
    when he stuns he causes armor break

so masochism triggers on the parry removing the stun but meanwhile the armor break is applied after which is why it doesn't get removed, but because it happens so fast it appears as though this all happens at the same time.

Blade, Corvus and Cap IW
    when they parry they apply stun and additional debuffs. Because this all happened at the same time which is on a parry that is why it removes all of them.

Now as i stated elsewhere they need to either fix this based on the description or update the description.

also people keeping throwing around this intended rubbish. The node was created before we had champions that applied debuffs on well timed blocks and at the time the node worked perfectly as described as there was never an instance of multiple debuffs being applied at the same time. The game has progressed since then and the programming of this node doesn't now match its description.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    This again?
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom

well since you seem to like to popup and link that thread everytime

How in the context of the descriptions of both those nodes can you say its not broken ? i.e. not working as described ?

Masochism
    The next Debuff (Singular) applied

Buffet
    The next Buff (Singular)

the nodes don't say all buffs/debuffs triggered at same time get removed they state singular buff/debuff will be removed.

if they want it to behave in the way it does now, they need to update the description. Otherwise people will continue to flag this as broken and rightly so since it is not behaving as described.
  • Options
    People are continually bringing it up because Fury was fixed. Otherwise, it's already been answered. That's how it's meant to perform. When a Champ applies Debuffs all in one process, they will be consumed.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

also people keeping throwing around this intended rubbish. The node was created before we had champions that applied debuffs on well timed blocks and at the time the node worked perfectly as described as there was never an instance of multiple debuffs being applied at the same time. The game has progressed since then and the programming of this node doesn't now match its description.

That is entirely inaccurate. Captain America is an OG, can apply both a stun and fatigue on parry.

Furthermore isolating masochism to parry is disengenious as masochism is about debuffs not parries. There are many champions that resulted in intial confusion with masochism’s interaction and thier abilities. Most notably Voodoo who can apply a ton of debuffs from a single action.

Masochism has remained static in it’s function while it’s description is lacking; lacking an (s) as in “the next debuff(s)”.

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Freak2 said:

Why arent thors consumed then

Blade's parry causes stun and bleed
    Cap IW parry causes x y and z
    Thor's parry causes stun
    Thor's stun causes armor break.

Because of that sequence of logic, it doesn't apply maso the same.
  • Options
    @CoatHang3r
    Cap America OG doesn't apply fatigue on parry he applies it on a perfect block which would put him in the same group as THOR in that the debuffs are not applied at the same time as the debuff is triggered off a different mechanic.

Also i simply used parry as an example of how multiple debuffs could be applied. Also if i had used voodoo i'm sure i would of then got people saying well its the same type of debuff hence why all x amount of stacks were removed.

Like i said when these nodes were introduced in the game their mechanics worked as described. Had these been new nodes in act 6 using the same description you could be sure it would of been flagged up straight away by majority of the community due to the state of the game currently.

If they want to keep it as it is working now, simply update the descriptions so it is clear to new players without coming to the forums or posting about it.

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    @bidzy7 still wrong. CA applies a stun and applies fatigue on a perfect block, a Single action which can be a parry. While not 100% it’s mutliple debuffs and is within the parameters you describe.

Anyway if you want to argue no champs, then simply replace CA with Nebula who was present prior to maso, applies shock and stun on parry.

The node has always functioned the same yes, however your recollection of the absence of confusing interactions based on description is flawed and false.

P.S. Here’s a post describing Nebula’s ineraction with Masochism. His was within 2 months of release and prior to Blade.
    wookeh said:

Masochism in quest 5.2.4 is defined as "every 7 seconds the next debuff triggered on this champion is removed"

Nebula transfers her electroshock charges by using a "well timed block"

Parry is a well timed block that stuns the opponent.

Therefore whichever debuff is triggering should be the only debuff that is removed. Yet both stun and shock are removed at the same time.

Is this intentional? Because it is two different debuffs that occur.

• Options
    mike867 said:

People are continually bringing it up because Fury was fixed. Otherwise, it's already been answered. That's how it's meant to perform. When a Champ applies Debuffs all in one process, they will be consumed.

And here we go again...

GroundedWisdom is 100% fine with misleading node description and will do whatever it takes to take kabam's side, even though they are wrong.....

OP, this is a known bug and hopefully @Kabam Miike latest message on this (about looking into it and getting it rectified) happens soon enough.

Is it working as intended (as per mods)? Yes but does it make sense? No.

Either change the node description or change how the node works. People saying working as intended clearly need to go to school to better their grammar.

'is' [debuff] are both singular hence it should work accordingly.
    First off, it was Miike who confirmed it was as it should be in the comment I cited originally.
    Secondly, I was in the Thread where he spoke on it again, and he said he would let the Team know. That was it. It was not confirmed as a bug, and is entirely possible he meant that people wanted the Description updated.

It is working as intended, and to change it would not only be a large undertaking, it would not seem likely to me at this stage.
  • Options
    Once again, this has been explained. When you have Champs that apply multiple Debuffs at once, this counts as one application for these Nodes. It has to do with how they are applied. Changing that would require reworking many Champs in order to turn them into complex, simultaneous applications, and there's really no need for completely reworking them in this manner. They compound Debuffs and apply them all at once with Block.
    The whole debate surfaced after Fury was fixed, but he was never intended to Purify all Debuffs, and having a Champ that enables Suicides to be run completely penalty-free is entirely too overpowered. The whole issue is now magnified just because it's been pointed out that his description mentioned one Debuff, not multiple. Focusing on the wording is not really acknowledging the actual effects of these things, and it's not a case of what benefits them versus us.
  • Options
    If you're new to the game, you won't likely be coming up against these Nodes right away, and when you do I'm sure you can figure it out by fighting them.