**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 23.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 23.0 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    Name: crkwest
    Device: Xiaomi redmi note 5
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game version: 23.0
    Game mode: crystal vault and all fights
    Description:
    General lag everywhere, crystal vault lags like crazy
  • naeblisrexnaeblisrex Posts: 15
    Name: naeblisrex
    Device: OnePlus 6T
    Cellular or Wifi: Wifi
    Game version: 23.0.0
    Game mode: Can't log into game
    Description: Can't log into game ever since the update. Stuck on 'Failed to log in' screen.
  • Donination13Donination13 Posts: 42
    Name: Donination13
    Device: Galaxy S6
    Cellular or Wi-Fi: Both
    Game Version: 23.0.0
    Game Mode: All Modes :-(
    Description: Poor Game Performance with Delays on Defense/Offense even after Recent Update Especially in Fights Longer than 1 Minute (frames drop horribly) and Loading Screen Times are Very Slow.
    An Option for Less Graphic Quality and Better Smooth Gameplay Performance Would be Great! :smile:
  • Donination13Donination13 Posts: 42
    Wow that was quick! Please let it stay like that guys! Thank you! 😎
  • Aaron113Aaron113 Posts: 5
    Still cuts off on all game modes and crystal openings
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★
    SkyWalker99
    Google pixel
    Android Q beta 2
    WiFi and cellular data
    EE
    Latest version of mcoc
    I'm still experiencing the same list of bugs that were supposed to be fixed dashing in after specials getting combo d into Oblivion after sentinels sp1 block not holding sometimes the game slows down and fights are super slow mo just the same experience from the last month? So my Question is did you guys do anything or are we all once again beta testers on the live server
  • tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116
    tinman76
    LG Q Stylo Plus
    Android 8.0
    Game version 23.0
    Wifi and Cellular
    Game mode: All
    When in arenas, I can't go more than 3 series of fights and the game freezes then crashes. In the monthly EQ, there will be a visual glitch that causes some graphics to be missing, then I'll go to start the next fight and it crashes. Can't even complete a single path without having to relaunch the game. These 2 issues alone have been constant for the last 4 months. Most recently, I went to start a fight in AQ, screen blacks out, force close the game, restart it and my champ is at half health. Why am I being punished for a glitch in your system? I would just like to play the game. I don't want to constantly have to be restarting it every 5-10 minutes.
  • MfurthMfurth Posts: 18
    Mfurth
    Samsung tab E
    Wifi
    Cannot log in. Game crashes and says cannot connect to Wifi
    Mfurth
    Sony Xperia
    WiFi
    Pie 9
    Will not open game. Crashes and says no connection. (Works on Cell data)
  • Dhaval_45Dhaval_45 Posts: 6
    edited April 2019
    Dhaval_45
    Vivo 1723 ( 4 Gb Ram)
    More sufficient storage ( shown in video link)
    Both connection ( wifi & Data usage 4G)
    Android version 8.1.0
    Bettery level where 80%+
    No background apps
    Full game is totally laggy, specially crystal vault freezy, rolling crystal of champions also laggy, sticky, freezing.
    Even screen loading also much longer specially fight-in and fight-out loading screen much longer.
    For better explanation i m attaching my screen recorded video .
    I want ur reply kabam guyz after watching it.

https://youtu.be/BOGQmRznPBQ
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    EmperorStark~2
    RedmiNote5 (Indian version, 4Gb ram variant)
    Android 8.1.0 MIUI version: 10.2.1.0 Stable OEGMIXM
    Wifi (BSNL) and Data (Jio)
    Game mode: everywhere . Arena, EQ, ROL, story

description:
    Same problem experiencing for months,(about 6) had 2 weeks with no issues after 22.1 (hot patch) , but now it is the same. Champions do not obey at all, dropped inputs, mid combo they stand still, they dont block, dont special, dont dash when commanded to , they just sit there/walk forth getting hit in the face. It is like cheat mode in game but you are the one getting pumelled. Please look into it . Been reporting this for a long time. I shifted alliance twice and many android users using various devices have these issues.
  • Dzon4488Dzon4488 Posts: 21
    edited April 2019
    In-Game Name: Ragnarok4488
    Device and Model: Galaxy J5
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 23.0
    Game Mode: Level up event.
    The picture says everything. That is not 2015 rank up gem it is general gem that can be used on any champion. I have few rank up gems.... it is same result.

• RRK173RRK173 Posts: 84
    In-game Name:RRK173
    Device :Huawei Y5 2017
    Cellular Connection
    Version Installed:23.0.0
    General Lag everywhere Loading screens,crystal vaults,fights etc
  • Bills024Bills024 Posts: 1
    Android Motorola g6 forge i keep getting disconnected says network not available extreme lag when opening crystals and during fights
  • I have an Alcatel model a574bl Android version 7.1.1
    I'm experiencing lagging when it loads up initially and before the fights or when I switch from screen to screen in the game and when opening crystals as well.
  • JohniaparaJohniapara Posts: 13
    Name. Johnny.FVN.
    Device. Pocophone f1
    System. Android 9PkQ1.180729.001/miui version global stabil 10.2.3.0
    Network WiFi
    Version 23.0.1
    Play regim. In all
    Problem: The animation of the characters is slow; unpleasantly interfering with the concentrations; correct the FPS or taimings that would have been the same before, since April it has been going on, I’ve been supporting you very hard, thanks in advance.
  • JeetJeet Posts: 3
    Last 2 update back draft intercept not working....plz higher good programer in your team...
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    OrcDovahkiin
    LG K30
    Android 8.1.0
    Cellular
    No Game Mode
    Bug where clicking on dungeon invites section on the friends tab game freezes and can't do anything
  • DagonsoulDagonsoul Posts: 19
    In-Game Name: DagonSoul
    Device and Model: Sony Premium XZ
    Device Operating System: Android Version 9.
    Cellular or WiFi: BOTH
    Game Version Installed: 23.0.1
    Game Mode: ALL MODES
    Description of the Issue: Game judders like hell now, you cannot fight in game its pretty much useless. I cannot do anything in the game, it is a guessing game if I have made any contact while fighting. Furthermore, you cannot tell when to block because the stuttering is so bad... Honestly, compensation would be great. Say some alliance points would be nice!!!
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123

EmperorStark~2
    RedmiNote5 (Indian version, 4Gb ram variant)
    Android 8.1.0 MIUI version: 10.2.1.0 Stable OEGMIXM
    Wifi (BSNL) and Data (Jio)
    Game mode: everywhere . Arena, EQ, ROL, story

description:
    Same problem experiencing for months,(about 6) had 2 weeks with no issues after 22.1 (hot patch) , but now it is the same. Champions do not obey at all, dropped inputs, mid combo they stand still, they dont block, dont special, dont dash when commanded to , they just sit there/walk forth getting hit in the face. It is like cheat mode in game but you are the one getting pumelled. Please look into it . Been reporting this for a long time. I shifted alliance twice and many android users using various devices have these issues.

Go back to miui 8 or 9 this is miui issue.
  • zenbotzzenbotz Posts: 1
    Name: zenbotz
    Device: Samsung S7 Edge
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game version: 23.0.1
    Game mode: unable to log on the game
    Description : unable to log on the game, said problem connection
  • Alcatel Model: A574BL Android Version. 7.1.1

I recently sent you a message concerning the lagging on loading and the crystals and before the fights, and I downloaded the patch afterwards but it only made it slower and lag longer, please resolve.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Note 9
    Android 9
    Data and Wifi
    All game modes getting auto dashing after sp3, lag stuttering frame rates. Champions not working properly. No ability to backdraft intercept among many other issues. Arena fights still freeze from time to time. Fox your game, been conplete garbage since 22.0. Can't immediately parry medium attacks due to frame rates being off by a mile.
  • Ludan97Ludan97 Posts: 6
    Honor 10
    Android 9
    Data and wifi
    In every game mode backdraft doesn't work at all, the game always lags and I am experiencing every single bug that you should have fixed with the update, in particular: sfx problems, sentinels reacting too quickly after sp1, parries are often pierced, even by domino with her projectiles, and every champ I have dashes into the enemy after every sp3. I hope that you fix this unworking game and give us the right compensations, cause we are literally dying because of these problems.
  • after the patch, nothing has changed, when I hit the AI, everything also jumps off and immediately hits, the AI’s response is very fast, I won’t even try to play new tasks, you’ll never get my money
  • problems with SP3 I just lose control in battles, it was a pity there was a good game
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    Ycats
    Lg stylo 4
    Cellular and WiFi
    Event quest
    Ever since the update my game crashes after doing about 2 fights sometimes even 1 and if I had been upgrading champions or opening crystals and then try to start a fight it will crash before I have even fought any champions.
    Day 3, still problems connecting to WiFi at work! No fix? Change servers?
  • Name: Ægon Supremo
    Device: Moto Z2 Play
    Cellular or Wi-Fi: Both
    Game Version: 23.0.1
    Game Mode: All Modes :-(
    Description: Poor Game Performance with Delays on Defense/Offense even after Recent Update Especially in Fights Longer than 1 Minute (frames drop horribly) and Loading Screen Times are Very Slow. Crash during fights, crash in menu. Pictures life bars and special bars totally gone in some fights (after that, the game frozes and crash). Delay in response on commands unexpectelly...
  • FilledPizzaFilledPizza Posts: 119
    Yes, this has been getting out of hand lately. I am also experiencing immense lag on Android, and even iOS players are getting lag now. I don't know if Kabam will compensate anyone for this, but people have actually lost fights and more because of this. Even the load times take about 2 minutes on my phone, it's an old android, so I expect it, but spinning a crystal for me is like watching a Powerpoint presentation.
This discussion has been closed.