**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus can't even hit Ebony Maw

X_Factor_AgentX_Factor_Agent Posts: 2,860 ★★★★★
What is the point of that? No wonder everyone wants him for defense. Change please. It's bs

Comments

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I mean why even use a cosmic champ on a Ebony Maw anyways when Mystic has an advantage
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,141 ★★★★★
    U can him with covus the first light but then it also kil you in the end.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Proxima murders him
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,141 ★★★★★

Class mismatches have always been a no no but the ghost interaction is pretty sleazy. This escalating dynamic where you find yourself in a instant death or no win situation with bad matchups just compounds many frustrating dynamics within the contest.

Just dont phase with ghost if you absoluttely have to use her... jeez, people just have to complain about every single match every single month.. will it ever stop? can people just practice and get better? the damn entitlement some people display is bonkers..
    Aside when it a dups ghost. But. 2 chmap no end of the world
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Class mismatches have always been a no no but the ghost interaction is pretty sleazy. This escalating dynamic where you find yourself in a instant death or no win situation with bad matchups just compounds many frustrating dynamics within the contest.

Just dont phase with ghost if you absoluttely have to use her... jeez, people just have to complain about every single match every single month.. will it ever stop? can people just practice and get better? the damn entitlement some people display is bonkers..
    I think people are more annoyed how it’s a complete counter to corvus like if you fight one in war with him even using a 5:65 you couldn’t take down a 4:40 4* ebony maw
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

I think people are more annoyed how it’s a complete counter to corvus like if you fight one in war with him even using a 5:65 you couldn’t take down a 4:40 4* ebony maw
    Sinister was basically the same thing...
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Sinister was basically the same thing...
    Not exactly corvus could take him down just was a lot harder 70% of his crits regenerating but combine with pacify it’s like 50%
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    A champ countering a Mechanic OH NO WHAT A CATASTROPHE
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Lol, this is funny. He wasn’t even bad, but guys in my alliance cried also “stark and Corvus can’t even land a hit!”

It’s ok to use other champs
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yeah, imho the hard counters like this are just stupid. Why make people want to rage quit in war because there are literally impossible matchups?
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    These interactions are very problematic in war . Fine in quest where u can plan
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    It took cap IW 27 hits to ko the uncollected boss.
    Finished him with a 47k crit S2, he's really not that hard and you don't have to use Corvus or Ghost for everything
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I always bring my wasp to quests and war and this month she destroyed ebony maw
    I like how once there is ONE champ who can counter Corvus people go bonkers because they don’t know how to use any other champ or something like why are people even using Corvus on a mystic anyways lmao
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Zuro said:

I like how once there is ONE champ who can counter Corvus people go bonkers because they don’t know how to use any other champ or something like why are people even using Corvus on a mystic anyways lmao

Because it's another step in having the champ they invested highly in becoming completely unusable.

People are tired in investing in a champ watching the meta change.

First Mr sinister...now Ebony Maw.

We just need Prove Yourself, Rage, and Tranquility nodes in war with a few other new hard counter defenders and Corvus will be sitting on the bench forever.

Zuro said:

Because it's another step in having the champ they invested highly in becoming completely unusable.

We just need Prove Yourself, Rage, and Tranquility nodes in war with a few other new hard counter defenders and Corvus will be sitting on the bench forever.
    Corvus can still beat Sinister just not as fast but my main thing is why are people surprised that a cosmic champ is weak against a mystic one there is a class disadvantage for a reason I just don’t understand why people can’t use someone else like nothing is forcing people to use Corvus
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Corvus can still beat Sinister just not as fast but my main thing is why are people surprised that a cosmic champ is weak against a mystic one there is a class disadvantage for a reason I just don’t understand why people can’t use someone else like nothing is forcing people to use Corvus
    Good luck trying to beat Mr. Sinister in war and having to cycle multiple through multiple charges in a 3 minutes fight ;)

Corvus is not just weak against Maw, he's completely unusable. When was the last time a champ couldn't do any damage at all when at class disadvantage?

Why don't people just use someone else? Well...many spent a ton of time and or money getting the champ and ranking them up, so watching their investment become useless one step at a time is obviously frustrating.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

No it’s the fact that Corvus can’t even land a hit, more than just a counter.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

I don't call him not being able to do a fight or 2 completely unusable. Like seriously you are complaining like they nerfed him.
    You can still use his light attack that doesn’t use his Glaive charge

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Good luck trying to beat Mr. Sinister in war and having to cycle multiple through multiple charges in a 3 minutes fight ;)

Corvus is not just weak against Maw, he's completely unusable. When was the last time a champ couldn't do any damage at all when at class disadvantage?

Why don't people just use someone else? Well...many spent a ton of time and or money getting the champ and ranking them up, so watching their investment become useless one step at a time is obviously frustrating.
    Even if u have ranked up Corvus I’m pretty sure u have ranked up other champs too and you can use them because you can bring more than one champ to a quest and sometimes you can’t always rely on one champ like doesn’t it get boring

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Just don’t use Corvus? There are other champs to use. I used Red Hulk for one and Blade with the Dorm synergy for the other.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Btw, how does Maw's ability works anyway?
    From his profile, it says when the champ has no class advantage (Cosmic), all of their Crit Hits will Miss.
    But I've seen Seatin used his Hyperion against Maw, and not all of his Crits are Miss