**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino breaking blocks

So have you snuck in the ability for domino to block break or is this a bug? Because it seriously never happens when I’m using domino but when I’m facing her in war or anywhere and I accidentally parry trying to dash back, or if I just block, she’s breaking my block on the second gunshot every single time and wrecking me. This cannot be as intended. If it is, how come my domino never does that?

Also, am I the only one that cares about nebulas s2 not connecting with the second to last hit almost every time? So many bugs going on can we get them acknowledged again?

Comments

• EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Long time ago BW also was able to break through block, you just had to keep hitting into some1’s block & BW would break through. It took a long while but was finally recognized as a bug and fixed (took a really long time). I really hope this will be fixed sooner.......
  • ManiacalMeManiacalMe Posts: 57
    I remember that. I feel like it’s the same bug as that. Since he has the ability reduction it seems it’s causing her to break the blocks. It did take forever for that to get fixed. The way the game has been lately, we deserve something for this bs we are facing on a daily basis. If it’s not this it’s always something else. Getting to be real tough to hang around with all the bugs and the enormous amount of content that they keep pushing.
  • ballpointkenballpointken Posts: 157
    YES! PLEASE! I wanted to post this like 2 weeks ago. I thought it was just me not holding block long enough but she's definitely block breaking. There was a time last year when she had this bug and they fixed it. After the updates, it came back! During season I would 1 shot domino war bosses with my domino. Now I can barely last 30 seconds without getting block breaks or trying to intercept to avoid the block break.

Domino is already annoying to deal with. We don't need a block breaking version.

@Kabam Miike
  • I experienced this about a week ago in AW against Domino boss. This same bug also used to happen when she came out, it made the event quest she was in a pain to get through.
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    Have same issue was KOed by Domino thanks to this bug
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/-T8jnTSSmiA

This is what you are experiencing. Zero evidence has ever been produced on this topic EVER. None of you all haven't either.
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199

This is what you are experiencing. Zero evidence has ever been produced on this topic EVER. None of you all haven't either.

The video you posted is a year old, Kabam acknowledged at the time there was a problem with Domino and fixed it, however this problem has been back since the 22.0 update.

It's definitely a bug that needs to be fixed.
    gahrling said:

The video you posted is a year old, Kabam acknowledged at the time there was a problem with Domino and fixed it, however this problem has been back since the 22.0 update.

It's definitely a bug that needs to be fixed.
    Provide proof of the bug. Not one single post has ever given any actual proof. So prove it.

The video is older but it's still what people are experiencing.
    So I would take the time to come on here and post something like this if I wasn’t experiencing it? Cmon man.

It is happening. And no one is acknowledging it. I know I’m not releasing my block. She’s shooting right through it. Even if I had proof of it I’m sure someone say I was releasing the block.

The bug is back. And we need someone to at least acknowledge that it is back and is happening. I’ve experienced it most in war.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    I disagree. It's not a block break.
    I've experienced it several times even in war where it resulting to death.

Okay, Domino has a 2-part hits for her 1st Medium. That's what everyone needs to know.
    So her first medium has 2 hits which are the slap/punch (contact) and then a quick gunshot (non-contact) Ok, try to make sense of that before you continue reading.

There are 3 scenarios when fighting Domino:
    1) You either successfully evade her 1st part hit of 1st Medium which automatically means you evade all of her combo (best scenario) OR
    2) You are late to evade her 1st part hit of 1st Medium and should just stay to take blocked hits (not bad scenario) OR
    3) You are late to evade her 1st part hit of 1st Medium and try to evade on the second part BUT most likely will get caught (worse scenario)

It's because her stupid mechanic that allows you to dex on her 2nd part of 1st Medium attack, that I believe is a trap.
    90% of the time you will get caught and most likely would die or lose a lot of health.

So I think it's better for KABAM to just change her mechanic where you can't dex once you got hit by the 1st part of the 1st Medium and continue getting a blocked hit by the 2nd part.
    Meaning that it will be just a game where you either successfully evade her 1sf Medium OR late to evade and taking blocked hits.

The damage from that is 100 times way lesser than getting caught by her 2nd part 1st Medium that can lead to your death.

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★

gahrling said:

Provide proof of the bug. Not one single post has ever given any actual proof. So prove it.

Kabam acknowledged this as a bug when Domino was released. They fixed the bug. It is now back as of update 22.0.

I'm not sure why you're having so much difficulty understanding this?
    You are thinking of when they made adjustments to her double attack. They never said or confirmed her breaking blocks. People were trying to dex the 2nd hit and it caused it too look like it was breaking blocks. No champ ever has broke through blocks except on heavies
    That kind not true BW culd do it back in the day.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Gamer said:

gahrling said:

Kabam acknowledged this as a bug when Domino was released. They fixed the bug. It is now back as of update 22.0.

I'm not sure why you're having so much difficulty understanding this?
    You are thinking of when they made adjustments to her double attack. They never said or confirmed her breaking blocks. People were trying to dex the 2nd hit and it caused it too look like it was breaking blocks. No champ ever has broke through blocks except on heavies
    That kind not true BW culd do it back in the day.
    I didn't know BW could do that and had never heard about it until now. For her, I can imagine people just dropping their block thinking they successfully parried her when it's not, thanks to her signature ability.

Here's my take on this. Yeah, something odd is happening. I know Domino very well, and how to punish her with precision. I don't waste my time trying to evade her opening medium attack, or try to parry it. For me it's either keep distance and intercept, or block until she's done and back off to set up for an intercept. She blew clean through my block a NUMBER of times in the EQ.

Seems like it's not isolated to any particular part of the game by the sound of it. Although it doesn't appear to be consistent either. Some said it was her S1 doing it. Others have mentioned her opener was blasting through blocks. I had both occur. My device is relatively new, and this doesn't happen elsewhere. I know the difference between a failed evade, and something cleaning my clock for no logical reason. Which is why I stopped attempting the evade of her opener long ago.

I was actually surprised when it happened considering I typically have 0 issues with Domino. So maybe the inconsistencies in it occurring could explain why some have had it happen, while others haven't. Unless you plan to record every fight with Domino, you may not catch it. Just because video evidence hasn't been provided doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just means it's an odd occurrence. That's my 2 cents anyway.

I’m right there with you. I’m also someone who doesn’t have too much trouble with domino. I typically shallow evade her medium and then punish her with stark. I’m glad other people are seeing the same things. Unfortunately, I’m not sure that anyone of importance is going to say anything or provide us with any help.
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    Thank you for finally posting this. I'm right there with you guys, never had trouble with Domino, and in some scenarios I hold block to bait her heavy and she will just bust through it. Something is up. But you know these "knights" will say that you had to have released block just a millisecond too early in the video above, LOL.
    Kyliente said:

This evidence enough? You can see the 2nd hit is breaking the block from that double move she has.

https://youtu.be/1z0Cw5i8ZVo

Not to be rude but we can’t tel if u try to swaps or hold blok culd not as the fingerprint. One the score
    But if it wasn’t anyw swap then it a bug
  • KylienteKyliente Posts: 26
    Yeah... I don't have another phone to record myself playing and holding block the entire time, but I was. I've actually been able to reproduce this and it only started happening with the 23.0 update. I get it that you can't see if I attempted to swipe back or not, but just trying to provide some sort of evidence outside of words.
    Kyliente said:

Yeah... I don't have another phone to record myself playing and holding block the entire time, but I was. I've actually been able to reproduce this and it only started happening with the 23.0 update. I get it that you can't see if I attempted to swipe back or not, but just trying to provide some sort of evidence outside of words.

Of casse I’m hav happen a few time but I’m trying to evade ever time to for me that my own fault
    Kyliente said:

This evidence enough? You can see the 2nd hit is breaking the block from that double move she has.

https://youtu.be/1z0Cw5i8ZVo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoAQEZmF5ns

Exact same animations. Pay attention to the white touch dot on the left side. Me trying to dex the second hit leads to it looking like it broke my block.
  • KylienteKyliente Posts: 26
    If I can find some time, I can try and do some more testing to see if there is an easy way to reproduce. I haven't been able to reproduce this issue when dueling, but I've had it happen in quests. I'm not sure about war though since I haven't fought domino yet and I generally don't block her at all in war.
  • Captain_CaymanCaptain_Cayman Posts: 62
    Had this happen to me in both AW and Avengers quest today. Domino is so bugged to fight against. I feel like I'm not in control of my own champions when fighting her with the more challenging AI patterns.

I feel like there is so much processing going on for her abilities that the game misses or drops player inputs. Blocks getting dropped, dexterities getting missed, swipes to attack getting ignored.

Block breaking happens a lot. Far too much.
    Dexterity gets ignored when evading her special 1 - it's easy to evade but sometimes all that registers is you releasing block, the swipe gets ignored and it's game over because she deals so much damage.
    After evading her specials, swipes to dash in and attack often get ignored and my champion just stands there waiting for a punch to the face.

It's not fun when you can't actually control your own champion.