**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Corvus Glave & Ebony Maw is a problem

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Drooped2 said:

Have you tried Mephisto against HT?

Ht shuts down basically an entire class. Barely a peep

Maw shuts down peoples crutch that guides them thru an easy fight OUTRAGE
    This guy gets it
    You could still do damage with mystics corvus on the other hand trying to get that light attack in is gonna be horrible seeing as it has very small reach I agree corvus shouldn’t counter everything but I don’t want to see a trend of one champ completely countering another
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

I only have Corvus as a 3* and has yet to use him in quest at all. Reading his abilities:

When Knocked Down: Corvus’ blade is damaged if Corvus is Knocked Down by a Heavy or Special Attack, disabling Glaive’s Immunity for 3 seconds.

Corvus’ blade is damaged after he uses all of his Glaive charges, disabling Glaive’s Immunity for 50 seconds. Corvus cannot inflict Critical Hits while Glaive’s Immunity is disabled.

So, no crit hits means Maw can take damage?

Does it makes sense to take a heavy and then strike back during the cool down window?

You would need to wat like 6 heavies and counter combo right after to get the sustained non crit of glaives being down.

Doesnt seem viable in war.
    That said just dont bring corvus for every fight is viable
    Lol, you must play in Tier 10 if you Think taking multiple heavies in war might be viable
    You must not read too well.

Doesnt seem viable in war. Clear as day words I used and you respond telling me.its not viable?

That's what I said.

Work on reading and come back to me
    Entertaining a possibility instead of auto-concluding that this is a ridiculous, preposterous idea shows your war rating. Don’t nag my reading bro, you are analyzing taking 6 heavies to get some non-critical hits😂😂😂
    I detailed a response to the question instead of disregarding it like a pompous d bag. Who thinks hes high on himself..

Your corvus cant beat 1 guy might as well sell your acct since you cant play without your God crutch
    Copy/paste:
    You are missing my point. If 2 champs at the same PI are fighting, neither one should be an auto-win... even if there are a million champs to choose from.
    Wait ... you are explaining that it will be auto-loss even in Arena?
    Yes! Corvus’ 1st light is the only hit, all other hits are misses, and since they miss they don’t spend charges.
    Heavy them to death in arena not like you have a time limit there book way around it.
  • iFilipowicziFilipowicz Posts: 41
    edited April 2019
    Basically the main problem is war, if you dont have scouter lens and cant see the opponents class.
    In every other content, simply choose someone else.
    And for war, get scouter lens and avoid mystics.
    Or use the Opponent Calculator.

The last few hard counters:

Human torch counters all mystics, its basically suicide. And no, waiting and to do little to nothing is no sufficient possibility in war ... in 3 mins.
    No science class for mystics!

Annihilus is basically unplayable with starky. One taunt and he goes unblockable, unstoppable and is super aggressive. Possible solution ist waiting the taunt out but then you get backed against the wall, dexterity, another poise, another taunt.
    This is impossible in war, in 3mins. So no more cosmics for starky in war.

(All this if you dont want to specify each champ with other tools)

I hate this impossible hard counters, too, but the uproar only because its corvus and acting like there was nothing like this before, is stupid.
    Because basically the only relevance for this is war and said "tactics" for previous hard counters are hilarious in war, in 3 mins.

If you're dead set on using only corvus no matter who you're fighting/where, and you will bring only him and you refuse to use anyone else against Maw, you could actually just do 1 hit light intercepts which will never crit and solo him.

Yeah in a 3 min AW fight... maybe in Tier 20... is this an actual point you are trying to make💀 Am I in the twilight zone????
    Use a science not that hard

Drooped2 said:

Wanna know how I know you Guys are trolls? You don’t know if I have a Corvus or not. You won’t ask. You just make assumptions to further your own arguments. I’m asking questions to see how I can make sense in my points, you are making assumptions to further your own arguments

Like when you assumed I was tier 10 without ever asking what I did in war?
    That kind of assumption?
    More deflecting? Really? 💀💀💀
    Seriously you been doing the exact same thing
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Why are people using a cosmic against a mystic anyways and surprised there is a disadvantage
    Zuro said:

Why are people using a cosmic against a mystic anyways and surprised there is a disadvantage

Difference between a disadvantage and 99% unusable like at least with sinister with corvus it was a very bad matchup but you still got in 30% of your damage
    Kobster84 said:

Zuro said:

Difference between a disadvantage and 99% unusable like at least with sinister with corvus it was a very bad matchup but you still got in 30% of your damage
    I’m pretty sure you can still hit him with crits if u have that mastery that reduces ability Accuracy when the opponent is stunned so maybe if you hit him while he is stunned you can still land hits on him
    Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Zuro said:

I’m pretty sure you can still hit him with crits if u have that mastery that reduces ability Accuracy when the opponent is stunned so maybe if you hit him while he is stunned you can still land hits on him
    Possibly not too sure on that
    Kobster84 said:

Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Zuro said:

Possibly not too sure on that
    I haven’t tried myself because I don’t use Corvus so I’m not 100% if it works or not

• UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    All this freaking out over Corvus and Ghost and y’all forget that Ultron has a guaranteed critical as well. It’s actually worse because his fifth hit can never hit so he can’t actually land any attacks at all. So focused on your god tiers you didn’t even think about others.

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

I only have Corvus as a 3* and has yet to use him in quest at all. Reading his abilities:

When Knocked Down: Corvus’ blade is damaged if Corvus is Knocked Down by a Heavy or Special Attack, disabling Glaive’s Immunity for 3 seconds.

Corvus’ blade is damaged after he uses all of his Glaive charges, disabling Glaive’s Immunity for 50 seconds. Corvus cannot inflict Critical Hits while Glaive’s Immunity is disabled.

So, no crit hits means Maw can take damage?

Does it makes sense to take a heavy and then strike back during the cool down window?

You would need to wat like 6 heavies and counter combo right after to get the sustained non crit of glaives being down.

Doesnt seem viable in war.
    That said just dont bring corvus for every fight is viable
    Lol, you must play in Tier 10 if you Think taking multiple heavies in war might be viable
    You must not read too well.

Doesnt seem viable in war. Clear as day words I used and you respond telling me.its not viable?

That's what I said.

Work on reading and come back to me
    Entertaining a possibility instead of auto-concluding that this is a ridiculous, preposterous idea shows your war rating. Don’t nag my reading bro, you are analyzing taking 6 heavies to get some non-critical hits😂😂😂
    I detailed a response to the question instead of disregarding it like a pompous d bag. Who thinks hes high on himself..

Your corvus cant beat 1 guy might as well sell your acct since you cant play without your God crutch
    Copy/paste:
    You are missing my point. If 2 champs at the same PI are fighting, neither one should be an auto-win... even if there are a million champs to choose from.
    Wait ... you are explaining that it will be auto-loss even in Arena?
    Yes! Corvus’ 1st light is the only hit, all other hits are misses, and since they miss they don’t spend charges.
    Heavy them to death in arena not like you have a time limit there book way around it.
    His heavies miss too
  • YuhoeYuhoe Posts: 25
    I am so baffled by the logic of so many people in this thread. An effective counter to a champ and a counter that neutered a champ are two different things.

The game definitely needs to be more balanced and CG is one champ that dominates most (if he gets charges) but not all content. Counter like Sinister is one good way or even some nodes that limit damage per hit (which in some cases already rendered CG kind of useless against that node) are good examples.

However, a 99% counter like EM is plain stupid. The only way to hit EM is to bait his heavy to disable CG’s immunity which gives him a short window to hit EM. If the level of EM is very high, one heavy will take out a huge chunk of CG’ health already.

If CG bump into EM in AW, then he is dead before the fight starts. Of course, people would usually not bring CG against a Mystic but sometimes you are left with no choice and you are screwed. No chance at all.

By dumping all this unstoppable and unblockable into all the new content and now this really make me feel that the creators are getting lazy or simply running out of ideas.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Yeah the only extent to which I don't like Maw so much is that you HAVE to bring a science champ or crossbones, or you'll be dealing with random misses. I think it should be that Maw can only miss crits if he has class advantage.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Yeah the only extent to which I don't like Maw so much is that you HAVE to bring a science champ or crossbones, or you'll be dealing with random misses. I think it should be that Maw can only miss crits if he has class advantage.

Not true, only guaranteed crits like those from Corvus and ghost will miss. Crits that occur naturally will still happen cause those aren't guaranteed.
    Has anyone tried what I said about the masteries
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Yuhoe said:

I am so baffled by the logic of so many people in this thread. An effective counter to a champ and a counter that neutered a champ are two different things.

The game definitely needs to be more balanced and CG is one champ that dominates most (if he gets charges) but not all content. Counter like Sinister is one good way or even some nodes that limit damage per hit (which in some cases already rendered CG kind of useless against that node) are good examples.

However, a 99% counter like EM is plain stupid. The only way to hit EM is to bait his heavy to disable CG’s immunity which gives him a short window to hit EM. If the level of EM is very high, one heavy will take out a huge chunk of CG’ health already.

If CG bump into EM in AW, then he is dead before the fight starts. Of course, people would usually not bring CG against a Mystic but sometimes you are left with no choice and you are screwed. No chance at all.

By dumping all this unstoppable and unblockable into all the new content and now this really make me feel that the creators are getting lazy or simply running out of ideas.

So you only bring one champ to AW attack? Seems like a pretty poor strategy to me
    Everyone is avoiding my point smh
This discussion has been closed.