**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* VTD

LordGenesisLordGenesis Posts: 292 ★★★
I just popped a 5* VTD. Can anyone tell me how to use him, because I’ve never played him before, so I’m a complete noob. Thanks.

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I can tell you through line. There is a lot to tell. Line ID is Austin555555
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,153 ★★★★★
    Awesome pull.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240

I just popped a 5* VTD. Can anyone tell me how to use him, because I’ve never played him before, so I’m a complete noob. Thanks.

You bank (store) your buffs by either throwing sp1, sp2, or landing a heavy attack on the opponent. First couple fights is choosing the buffs you want. I recommend power gain, regen, fury, and precision in that order. If you finish the first fight with three of the above buffs, feel free in the 2nd fight to eat those three buffs again.

Why power gain and regen? In longer matchups in AQ or variant, you can basically not die/not need to use revives by cycling sp3.

In general, when you have 7+ buffs, you can do two 5 hit combos, and then use sp2 for the highest burst damage. sp2 is amazing because it gives the opponent a armor ''buff'', which allows your hits on the opponent to do more damage based on how much damage the opponent has. Perfect against higher PI opponents.

Another amazing build is stacking 1 regen, 3 power gain, 3 fury, and 3 precision, and is effective in variant. Most opponents melt and die after you throw your first sp2/second special.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    You will love him. Saving t5bs to R5 him or ghost
    I’ll go ahead and explain some. VTD has an RNA bank that holds buffs. You get the buff when the counter hits 100, save the buffs you want by using a SP1, SP2 or heavy. SP3 will activate the buffs. You can only get 3 buffs each fight. You can use your SP3 then a heavy(must hit) too gain the buffs again. He’s an amazing champion, I currently have him at 4/55 as a 5*.

Hmm okay.
    So to store buffs in the RNA bank, do you have to throw a special or heavy while the buff is active or at any time? Can you remove them once they are stored?

For the buff to be saved, it must be active. If multiple buffs are active, any buff can be saved. The specials do not have to hit for the buff to be saved. But if you throw a heavy, it must hit for a buff to be saved. No buffs can be removed while the quest if going on. All buffs are removed once the quest if over, so if you’re not happy with the buffs, they fall off afterwards.
  • Simple answer: Spam his SP2
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Simple answer: Spam his SP2

Highly disagree with that 😂.

Vtd has many answers to content out there. Good solid pull.

@Austin555555 has you going in the right direction op!
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    He is amazing, I used a Generic to awaken him, (I trying to shorten the time I get buffs , especially when my Venom is busy elsewhere) I use him in quest and AW, all the time.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    G0311 said:

He is amazing, I used a Generic to awaken him, (I trying to shorten the time I get buffs , especially when my Venom is busy elsewhere) I use him in quest and AW, all the time.

I used a cosmic gem on mine. I’d say not a bad choice for a generic either. Wish I had a generic now for my nick fury