**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Community's Choice: Champion Update

Comments

• espo1espo1 Posts: 28

I gotta give my vote to Kamala Khan! She is one of my all-time favorite characters! I actually talked about her so much to an old professor of mine that she added Ms. Marvel Vol. 1 to the curriculum for the Worldbuilding in Literature class that she taught. Part of the reason I loved reading her comic was that she is just as big a fan of Marvel's heroes as we are; she's as excited about teaming up with Spider-Man or Wolverine as any of us would be. She's also probably one of the few heroes who are as big a gamer as everyone here is (when hero-work doesn't cut into her game time).

Her character arcs are always fascinating as well, Usually, the coolest moment in a hero's story is when they join the Avengers, but for me, one of the most inspiring moments of her arc was when she walked away from the team. She achieved her dream and had a been a member of the Avengers for a while but, after seeing them get into another Superhero Civil War and feeling like they weren't doing enough to help the little people she left with other younger Avengers and formed their own team, the Champions to look out for the little people who can so often get overlooked in larger cosmic conflicts.

Her animations in the game are already pretty dope; the way she grows while charging her heavy attack is one of my favorite animations. She also has some really interesting powers that could be fun in the game, given that she can grow to giant size, shrink, stretch, and reshape herself to find creative solutions to fights. She is a huge fan of, and has had interesting team-ups with, plenty of heroes, so there are any number of champs she could theoretically synergize with too. She even impressed Loki enough that he warded her school with runes that summon Lightning Golems to defend it. (Honestly, have no idea if that could be incorporated in the game in any way, I just think it is cool that she just has some Lightning Golems casually guarding her school because of one meeting with Loki.)

Totally disagree, how many more cosmic God tier champions are we going to have!?!?!?! Colossus got my vote
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I think Groot has great potential. Understand the argument for colossus but Groot is currently the most worthless imo
  • Buckylives2_0Buckylives2_0 Posts: 32
    Colossus, I like the idea he should be a bit like the Luke cage update.
  • overkill5150overkill5150 Posts: 32
    old man logan
  • AshuvinuAshuvinu Posts: 31
    1, Miss marvel(kamla Khan)
    2, Howard the duck
    3, Ronan old one
    4, Classic black panther
    5, loki
    Should be improved friends
  • AshuvinuAshuvinu Posts: 31
    Please do consider it guys and give us good update of them
    Thanxx in advance
  • keysarekeysare Posts: 10
    In no particular order Venompool, Old Man Logan or Kampala Khan!!
  • AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
    Venompool ou Miss Marvel (Kamala Khan).
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Colossus definitely needs buffed.
  • SzaboIVSzaboIV Posts: 4
    Venompool, he should be wayyy more powerful. Plus since Venom got a buff it's only fitting to choose Venompool.
  • troyelricaccount2troyelricaccount2 Posts: 50
    edited May 2019
    Lets take Kamala...... For now
    Mate I appreciate the initiative but buffing 1 in 7 champs in 2-33 weeks is not enough. All of these champs need buffs . Not just them , there are some 40-50 champs that are very useless , just trash man . We sre not asking you to buff them to the level of domino or nick fury, just buff them to make them average champs. Players who like playing with these champs find difficult choices, play with a water gun against heavy artillery canons or rank up same champs as everyone else. So make them average champs, a bit more utility or damage . Some of them does not require massive reworks , just the numbers tweaked cold help these guys out. So may be you can have a poll for those to get full reworks for others just tweak the numbers, the probability of triggering abilities, the time debuffs,buffs last, strengthen their base attributes / abilities, Eg: CW has ability reduction with armour but armours fall out very fast , may be a small power gain or armour duration could help. Make heavy attacks able to refresh sp3 power lock.
  • slayer6slayer6 Posts: 377 ★★
    Really only one champ getting buffed? The last few updates buffing champs have been 2+ buffed champions so really its a bit of a laugh to only buff one champ when they are all weak and a waste of crystal openings, add deadpool xforce and drax and black panther also
  • Asto03Asto03 Posts: 36

• SanctusSanctus Posts: 1
    Colussus
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Guys it’s so obvious to vote for the XL champs. They will help you in BOTH variants.....
  • Colossus
  • TheMethodTheMethod Posts: 189
    Cole Ossus.
  • Macgregor_7Macgregor_7 Posts: 3
    Groot! Pls!
  • asd_soulasd_soul Posts: 2
    Iron Patriot
  • KARTIKeya8KARTIKeya8 Posts: 11
    Mixalis said:

Summoners!

It’s time for us to start working on our next Champion update, but we need your help on choosing which Champion will be next! We’ve created a short list of Champions we want to address, and want to put the power to decide which of these Champions will get the re-work treatment first in your hands!

Below, you’ll find a short list of Champions we’re looking to address in the future. This list is not indicative of every Champion that’s on our Radar for an update, just the ones we want to address first.

How do we get to decide?

Starting May 9th at 10am PT, and running until May 10th at 10am PT, there will be a poll on our Forums where you can vote for which Champion you would like to see receive an update. The poll is only open for 24 hours! So make sure that you’ve decided in advance which Champion you’d like to see get the update.

Which Champions are on the List?

We’ve shortlisted the following Champions based on their utilization and performance in content across the Contest, and player feedback through our many channels.

• Venompool
    • Old Man Logan
    • Groot
    • Colossus
    • Howard the Duck
    • Iron Patriot
    • Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)

If you think that a deserving Champion has been left off the list, don’t worry! This is a list of the Champions we want to address first, and doesn’t not necessarily indicate that other Champions won’t also be addressed in the future.

I really want to make sure my choice wins!

Then start your campaigning! Start discussions on why you think your Champion should be the one that others select! Now is your time to convince other Summoners to join you in voting for the Champion you want to see Buffed the most!

When will this updated Champion be released?

Our plan is to take this Champion update through the full rework process. That means we’ll take about 2 months to rework the Champion’s abilities and tuning, then put them through a Beta test. Those typically last a couple weeks, and then we’ll address the feedback that is received.

We’ve learned from our last couple Champion Beta Tests that we require a little more time between the end of the test and releasing the update to analyze feedback, data, and implement any further changes that might be necessary.

Barring any changes to the schedule, this Champion will be updated and released in early Fall.

Voting Day Approaches!

The time to decide is coming soon! Start thinking of who you want to see updated, and start spreading the word! Voting day is May 9th-10th!
    Deadpool Xforce should be in the list. He's had a movie recently and more to come. I have him as a 6* and he's worthless
    I think this is a really good step by our Kabam BOIZ to upgrade the earlier characters. Really loved the spidergwen update. Hope this keeps going on in the future.

And yeah i would love to see colossus or iron patriot get some justice
  • By_odins_beardBy_odins_beard Posts: 37
    Out of the two: Magneto & Colussus, it is the former that is most underpowered vs the Marvel meta.
    Magneto could tear the planet apart by ripping out its iron core & the other could tear down a building by charging through a few structural supports. It’s not even close.
  • Midnighto_oMidnighto_o Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    Colossus Colossus B)
    Creo que debe ser este personaje porque es a día de hoy el peor mutante, no tiene ninguna utilidad en ninguna modalidad exceptuando arenas, es el que está por debajo de todos los de la lista en cuanto a utilidad.
  • Tim1234Tim1234 Posts: 163

Summoners!

It’s time for us to start working on our next Champion update, but we need your help on choosing which Champion will be next! We’ve created a short list of Champions we want to address, and want to put the power to decide which of these Champions will get the re-work treatment first in your hands!

Below, you’ll find a short list of Champions we’re looking to address in the future. This list is not indicative of every Champion that’s on our Radar for an update, just the ones we want to address first.

How do we get to decide?

Starting May 9th at 10am PT, and running until May 10th at 10am PT, there will be a poll on our Forums where you can vote for which Champion you would like to see receive an update. The poll is only open for 24 hours! So make sure that you’ve decided in advance which Champion you’d like to see get the update.

Which Champions are on the List?

We’ve shortlisted the following Champions based on their utilization and performance in content across the Contest, and player feedback through our many channels.

• Venompool
    • Old Man Logan
    • Groot
    • Colossus
    • Howard the Duck
    • Iron Patriot
    • Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)

If you think that a deserving Champion has been left off the list, don’t worry! This is a list of the Champions we want to address first, and doesn’t not necessarily indicate that other Champions won’t also be addressed in the future.

I really want to make sure my choice wins!

Then start your campaigning! Start discussions on why you think your Champion should be the one that others select! Now is your time to convince other Summoners to join you in voting for the Champion you want to see Buffed the most!

When will this updated Champion be released?

Our plan is to take this Champion update through the full rework process. That means we’ll take about 2 months to rework the Champion’s abilities and tuning, then put them through a Beta test. Those typically last a couple weeks, and then we’ll address the feedback that is received.

We’ve learned from our last couple Champion Beta Tests that we require a little more time between the end of the test and releasing the update to analyze feedback, data, and implement any further changes that might be necessary.

Barring any changes to the schedule, this Champion will be updated and released in early Fall.

Voting Day Approaches!

The time to decide is coming soon! Start thinking of who you want to see updated, and start spreading the word! Voting day is May 9th-10th!
    Where is the poll???
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★

Voting Day Approaches!

Tim1234 said:

Where is the poll???

In the future.

Try looking again on, oh I don't know, May 9th-10th?
  • colossus
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Colossus is my number one, Groot is second (I just pulled him as a 5*).
  • AntarionAntarion Posts: 1
    Colossus
This discussion has been closed.