**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ultron Can't hit Ebony Maw

I tried this fight a few times with my Ultron and he just keeps missing. I've used other champions and I haven't had this problem. This is a video I took fighting the master difficulty boss. Its acting like I basically have the falter debuff on the whole time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNWXMRndQfI

Comments

• SoulcallSoulcall Posts: 4
    Thank you I completely forgot about his 5th hit being a guaranteed critical hit
  • WolfrhkWolfrhk Posts: 76
    Ultron is my top champ and didnt realize Maw would do this. I got him down to 6% but then all of my hits were missing. I finally won by launching SP3, guess that one cant be missed.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Can you hit his block? Because blocked hits cant be critical and Ultron counts blocked hits as well you might be able to get around the guaranteed crit
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Voltolos said:

Can you hit his block? Because blocked hits cant be critical and Ultron counts blocked hits as well you might be able to get around the guaranteed crit

I know that corvus can crit through block for sure. Which leaves the question of whether all guaranteed crits can crit through block, that i am unsure of.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    edited May 2019
    Video does look like Ultron's initial hitting into blocks (1st 3 hits are into a block) count toward the (every 5th hit), as then the next real hit lands, but then the hit after that (5th) misses and he gets caught in that miss-loop.

And even subsequent hits into block will end up missing and never get off of the 5th hit attempt. I assume if you were able to fire off an SP3, that would reset it (video got Power Drained and only attempted SP1 or SP2, which of course missed as well).
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Does this mean the Couch Potato can’t hit him either?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    MSRDLD said:

Does this mean the Couch Potato can’t hit him either?

No becasse he’s is scoine.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    While it's frustrating that you can use certain champs to beat other certain champs, I feel it's more frustrating that people complain about not getting the most meta champs to beat content, then when a champ that counters that meta champ appears, people complain that the meta champ doesn't work. Change your champs, play with different styles. Maybe you'll find a champ that you really enjoy playing that isn't "meta".
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Just another garbage champ mechanic used to counter 1 or 2 specific champs that actually hurts more than those specific champ.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Msmoker21 said:

Elektra can't kill him either, when hes below 15% or 25% when awakened since her attacks are 100% crit..

Is this confirmed?
    Wow...

This guy saying this is just a mechanic to counter champs is such a shill too. Dorm and DS taking 2 years to kill a duped ultron or Yondu missing 80% of his attacks vs OG DD is bad enough but fine; you can still win the fight eventually. This here is just stupidity.
    Next will be indestructible unless hit with a projectile, so then 75% of the champs will be useless. But that's just the game making counters right? Unreal.
    I'll try out Elektra when I have the energy to, but I wonder if her 85% reduced defensive ability accuracy against enemies under a debuff might bypass that? As I said I don't know.

As for Corvus, going by the logic of "It takes 2 years to kill a character" you can still kill Ebony with Corvus' first light attack, it'll take 2 years, but you can.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Actually, it's intelligent design. It's bound to happen eventually when designing counters. It means people can't rely on the same mechanics all the time. There are 150 Champs or so, and they don't all rely on Crit all the time. It just so happens Corvus does, and a handful of others have guaranteed Crits at times. All it means is we have to use other options, of which there are many. The subject comes up whenever a counter is introduced that affects the usual "God Tier", but that's what the game is all about. No Champ or strategy will be the best option for everything, indefinitely.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    It's actually terrible design. Ebony maw is meant to be a counter to guarenteed criticals like Ghost and Corvus and start to shift the meta, that's obvious. It seems more like an unintended consequence that Ultron, whose kit is not built around guarenteed criticals, gets screwed over the hardest. @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike this looks like a design flaw, it should make Ultron skip over the guarenteed critical if the attack misses.
    It's not a design flaw. That's exactly how it's intended.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Yeah, that's the flaw chief.

It's not a flaw at all. It's a Champ that's designed so Crits are a Miss. No different than any other counter. Can't rely on Corvus for everything.

Gamer said:

It's not a flaw at all. It's a Champ that's designed so Crits are a Miss. No different than any other counter. Can't rely on Corvus for everything.
    lol, this thread is about Ultron. Keep up.
    It's about Ultron agaisnt Maw. I said Corvus because that was the highest example of Crit, but it applies to any Champs. You can't Crit Maw. That's it in a nutshell. That's no more flawed than Stun Immune.
    Wrong. You can crit Maw. You can't hit him with guaranteed crits. That's a big difference. Learn the actual abilities.
    Either you can't see the point of what I'm saying, or you're refusing to acknowledge it. In both cases, this is getting nowhere.
    First of all he shuld counters champ like ultron Elektra. It make it not fun
    He should counter any Champ that has Guaranteed Crit. Doesn't matter who it is, that's how he was designed. Not just for specific Champs like Corvus or Ghost.
    To be fair. That’s is lame mechanics to be fair even in war u need somone ther can crt and yes covus and ghost is the most use but somone in low tier use Elektra she wild not beat ebony mav ther hav self make AW to a mode we ther need counter and u can’t tjek befor Hans who to bring u simple dies. Wasp is probably the best counter for ebony mav to shou down the fouce. But that about it
    That's not lame. That's smart. That's why it's a counter.

That's not lame. That's smart. That's why it's a counter.

It not smart at all considering u only can bring 3 champ to AW. So that meant alot
    All it means is you bring one that doesn't rely on Guaranteed Crit.

As the same time u need somone with a lot of danmged consider. The furter of the game 3 min to get him down wont work it kind fell you don’t ikow that. I’m don’t mind to bring somone like wasp in for him. Becasse she alest Hav danmged To. But overalls don’t mind him it ther giv more time pair figth
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

Yeah and this isnt a bug. The developers thought it would be cute to introduce a champ who is unbeatable by othe champs. I just hope they dont keep doing it. It's one thing for some champs to be better than others or god tier but these type of scenarios with maw against Corvus and Ultron is just stupid. Especially when you consider scenarios like if you stumble onto him in war your Ultron cant take enough damage to survive to a SP3

He is not unbeatable
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

Actually I believe science champs can hit him with crits

Actually I believe science champs can hit him with crits
    Jeps. U can
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    Everyone likes using the word counter. If I us KM with true strike to counter medusa's auto block that's a counter. She can still kill me very easiy.

To completely shut down the ability of an opponent to attack for the remainder of a fight such as Ultron, elektra,being left with no option but to light hit with corvus for entirety of fight takes the concept of counter to an obsurd level. To sit their and tell people to just use other champs is cute for event quest or tier 15 wars but for those of us that play higher level wars where lanes and nodes matter more than just guessing at your opponent due to class it sucks.

And my bigger concern is that Kabam thinks it's cute to keep introducing unhittable champs. And finding different scenarios to have champs being unhitable.

This discussion has been closed.