**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sabertooth never gets 6 charges (as described)

TESTED: Sabretooth never gets 6 charges.

I was skeptical that Sabretooth ever got 6 charges (the info says it's random between 3 and 6) so I tested it with a combo of first time uses of the champ and what happens after you start a fight later in a quest with zero charges. This is what I got out of 32 tests.

Note I never once pulled 6 - which is basically statistically impossible for 32 rolls of a 4 sided die. And you are way more likely to get a 3 or 4 than a 5.

Is this a bug?

Comments

• ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Idk if there's a bug atm, but I have gotten 6 in the past.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Based on the rolls, my best guess about the percentages are:

3 - 50%
    4 - 30%
    5 - 15%
    6 - 5%
    DrZola said:

The issue is that “random” in his description doesn’t specifically say “equally random.” And according to @Hamin testing, it isn’t. You get a random value, but you aren’t as likely to get 6 as you are 3. It’s a fair assumption that “random” means you have as much of a shot at one number as any other. But you don’t.

Dr. Zola

It's just like opening a crystal with a chance at a 4*, and an even lower chance at getting a 5*. Just, in this case, the drop rates are correlated to ST's persistent charges. The more advantageous the charge, the more rare it is to drop.
    Sungj said:

ẞlооd said:

It's just like opening a crystal with a chance at a 4*, and an even lower chance at getting a 5*. Just, in this case, the drop rates are correlated to ST's persistent charges. The more advantageous the charge, the more rare it is to drop.

His point is that that should have been specified in his abilities.
    Haha yeah you're right. I may be under the Influence of a certain.. drink at the moment, so my posts are misguided. But, I generally agree with Dr. Zola. Honest opinion, I think the charges should be equal. Anything else just feels wrong.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    i get 6 charges in arena lol
    @Brandopants does this answer your question?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Sungj said:

ẞlооd said:

His point is that that should have been specified in his abilities.
    Why? They generally document when things break the general rule of it being a weighted distribution, because that is the rare cases, not when it is weighted, unless they are required by law to do so.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
    There is all kinds of numerical information on a champ’s profile page, like armor penetration, armor, crit rate and crit damage as well as other things. The team has even gone so far as to produce it in raw numbers as well as percentage format.

Character descriptions run into the hundreds of words (or are we using pages as our standard unit now?). While Sabretooth may not have the longest, it is far from the under-100-words version of champs like the old Captain Marvel. Clearly, there isn’t a cap on how much can be said.

So why not just say: “Sabretooth has a greater chance to get a lower number of charges.” Adds a dozen words.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

There is all kinds of numerical information on a champ’s profile page, like armor penetration, armor, crit rate and crit damage as well as other things. The team has even gone so far as to produce it in raw numbers as well as percentage format.

Character descriptions run into the hundreds of words (or are we using pages as our standard unit now?). While Sabretooth may not have the longest, it is far from the under-100-words version of champs like the old Captain Marvel. Clearly, there isn’t a cap on how much can be said.

So why not just say: “Sabretooth has a greater chance to get a lower number of charges.” Adds a dozen words.

Dr. Zola

I've wondered this too.

I was disconcerted that no mod ever responded or even acknowledged my topic.

Granted, there isn't anything incorrect in ST's description but additional clarity would be helpful.
  • Cam_Cam101Cam_Cam101 Posts: 38
    I got 6 on Sabretooth