**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Was voting for colossus a bad idea?

Human_Iceberg2Human_Iceberg2 Posts: 282 ★★★
It’s pretty evident that colossus won but I’m unsure as to what they would do with him. Colossus doesn’t have that many base abilities already. He’s a man made from organic steel and he could potentially make an annoying defender. I was looking for an offensive beast and every other character on that poll has more unique abilities than colossus. Thoughts?

Comments

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Look what they did with LC.
    They could increase his crit for each armor up (not cap them) and crits could be what triggers the armor breaks on the opponent. They could give his specials more damage based on ups/breaks. They could increase damage/attack based on armor.

Just because he doesn’t have a lot of skills/abilities in the comics doesn’t mean they can’t work his current set into an all new version.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    I went for Logan. Clearly one the most loved iconic characters of marvel yet he fell behind the roster.
    But in the stories he has fought soo many god tier champs. Helped xmen avengers fantastic 4 & lots of teams & even those DC marvel crossover stories.
    Old man logan is the last man standing at the end of marvel comics. The comics is bestsellers. And he took down maestro. And his infamous hitlist. To me he needed a revamp.

• 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    & Colossus well he is already an annoying defender if u have him as 4* rank 5 sig 90.
    Putting him in an unstunnable node can be a pain. Then if he fails there's Always that unstoppable Colossus literally a character in the game. I don't know why everyone went for him. People usually use attack champs based on attack output and utilities. And logan had a lot.
    They could have work with

Indistructable.
    Unblockable Spacials with 'berserker' active.
    Granting him True strike
    True accuracy
    Endurance at 1% health like corvus or punisher that he can't die.
    Then ofcourse his critical rating and regeneration... He had a lot of utilities.
    It's a bummer that we had a chance to send our choice to kabam. And we missed on Logan.

• _I__I_ Posts: 306
    max players got collosus from their spin. so obvious whoever has the **** will want improvements for his crappy. its nt power of seatin.he might be a youtuber bt in mcoc every man for himself.
    collosus if buffed up n goes anything near luke cage then he will be quite a nice defender.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Colossus has far less utility than every other option there, and also lacks the damage. He doesn't have any good synergies that make him better, where as most of the other options do.

What Colossus doesn't have:
    He doesn't have a healblock
    He doesn't have regeneration
    He doesn't have a bleed
    He doesn't have fury
    He doesn't have a shock
    He doesn't have a cruelty buff

What Colossus does have:
    Armour Up
    Bleed Immunity

No matter how bad the other champions are, and they are all bad, Colossus is the worst out of them all. He has 0 utility, his armour ups are useless as a defender when Corvus is an attacker, or any character with an armour break for that matter, his damage is so low that they had to invent a new number just to say how bad it is! That number is Negative Colossus! Sorry bad attempt at a joke. But his damage is awful, his armour ups are basically useless, the only thing he has that's remotely useful is bleed immunity.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Short answer to OP’s question: yes.

Dr. Zola
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Personally, I didn’t care if Colossus was the one that gets buffed. I just voted for the mutant that was already getting the most votes because I’m maxed out on 5* mutant sig stones with 200+ unopened sig stone crystals and both Colossus and OML as 5*’s duped lol otherwise my best duped mutants are Cable and Beast.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Colossus has far less utility than every other option there, and also lacks the damage. He doesn't have any good synergies that make him better, where as most of the other options do.

He doesn't have a bleed
    He doesn't have fury
    He doesn't have a shock

What Colossus does have:
    Armour Up
    Bleed Immunity

No matter how bad the other champions are, and they are all bad, Colossus is the worst out of them all. He has 0 utility, his armour ups are useless as a defender when Corvus is an attacker, or any character with an armour break for that matter, his damage is so low that they had to invent a new number just to say how bad it is! That number is Negative Colossus! Sorry bad attempt at a joke. But his damage is awful, his armour ups are basically useless, the only thing he has that's remotely useful is bleed immunity.

The whole point of the update is to give him unique abilities
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I chose to vote for him because I feel that the community as a whole will benefit equally from his buff. I feel like everyone has him ridinf the bench so buffing him keeps a level playing feild while giving everyone another champ to use should they choose to upgrade him.

Personally I would have preferred Venompool since he was my first 5/50 and one of my early 5* champs or KK because I find her to be the worst overall champ in the game. However I felt balance was important for all.

Just wanted to offer a point of veiw that has nothing to do with some YouTube clown. Everyone seems to feel that is where decisions are made, and it may be for the majority, but there are independent thinkers here.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    It should have been groot
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Yes, it was a bad idea.

Get ready for more unstoppable, unblockable, long dull fights with new colossus.

BTW, I like a lot of what Seatin says, but I did NOT vote for Colossus.
    I thought a Groot buff had a lot more potential for something fun.
  • espo1espo1 Posts: 28
    edited May 2019
    Great idea, I mean he's been here since day one OG since the game started and on top of that in the history of the Marvel Universe he is one of the most powerful mutants. almost everyone in this game has a 4 or a 5-star Colossus that is completely useless..and his buff will be a great edition to the game
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Everyone who voted for colossus made a mistake!!! No doubt. Logan should have gotten this buff. To save 1 lousy 2015 gem ppl just wasted so many future items in wars,AQ and event quests.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    You guys keep assuming he’s good be a god tier defender lol, we have no idea what’s gonna happen
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Colossus is by far the best choice. He's an iconic X-Men and he has great potential. If the rework hits the target, Colossus-OR-EF would become one hell of a killer team.

I just hope they will implement my rework suggestion.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The_Boss9 said:

ItsDamien said:

He doesn't have a bleed
    He doesn't have fury
    He doesn't have a shock

What Colossus does have:
    Armour Up
    Bleed Immunity

The whole point of the update is to give him unique abilities
    Yeah I understand that, my point was why he SHOULD be buffed. Currently he has nothing. He needs something more than Armour up and Bleed Immunity.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I would have went for Groot. But I don’t have a 5* Groot. I have a 5* Collosus. If you have a champ it makes sense to vote for them. But with this kind of voting system there was only ever going to be 2 or 3 real contenders
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    I have all of these champs, a 2015 mutant rank up gem and I voted for Groot.

I'm fine with Colossus I guess. I'll be surprised if his buffs are offensive. I'm expecting an annoying defender that people will rank just to plop in AW and never use.

At least it's a 2015 champ that will get some attention but I'm honestly surprised that he won by as great of a margin as he has. Shows the power of marketing really.
  • Mr_EMr_E Posts: 129
    Yes terrible idea because now the memes dead