**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

King Groot uses

I just pulled a 4* king Groot from one of the carnage crystals, and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for uses. I don't have a 3* version, so I'm not all that familiar with him. Decent defender maybe?

Comments

• Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Posts: 223
    I just know his regen can be an asset on offense. That's literally all I know though.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    I just know his regen can be an asset on offense. That's literally all I know though.

From what I been told this and posion is the best thing about him
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    He needs to be duped to have any use, when duped he's great for AQ map 5 and 6 and general questing. When duped he gets a regen whenever he goes into his cool down state so he can keep going and going through multiple fights and stay at full health. Hes also bleed immune so he can take bleed nodes in AQ
  • MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139
    Throw him on a thorns node in war
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I'd consider him for the Tyranny path in 5.2.6

As a villain he'd be able to gain power and he's got insane survivability
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    @MikeyBoi69 have you been getting KOs? If so, what rank is your KG and what AW tier? I have him as a duped 4 star and wondering if I should bring him up since I need better AWDs.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    @MikeyBoi69 have you been getting KOs? If so, what rank is your KG and what AW tier? I have him as a duped 4 star and wondering if I should bring him up since I need better AWDs.

He's not a good defender since regen doesn't scale anymore, I fought 1 or 2 on thorns before and absolutely murdered them with doctor voodoo
    Sungj wrote: »

He's not a good defender since regen doesn't scale anymore, I fought 1 or 2 on thorns before and absolutely murdered them with doctor voodoo

This makes sense. Thanks.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    King groot is an ok champ for AQ due to immunity and regen!
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Also solo as the above reasons literally make him one of the bulkiest champs who also has an amazing regen
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »

He has a huge time out risk but I Regen it next fight so meh

Yeah I'd mostly recommend for Solo and maybe Day 1-3 (day 3 pushing it) he's fun but he requires a LOT of skill to time Armor Breaks in the early fight
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    As one of the more prominent owners of 5 star King Groot.

King Groot can act as a surprise on Thorns to a Voodooless enemy, as even with unscaled regen he still has approximately one mountain of health.

However, his true use is in Map 6 on the Degen paths, where his insurmountable regeneration will keep him in the fight forever.

Only note: I don't like the 4* version. His attack is too low and he will time out more often than not. I only recommend a 5* for combat.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    Ah, well I think he's just gonna be arena fodder then. Thanks y'all!
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Agreed. The 4* is complete garbage. The 5* only becomes decent once r4 and sig 60+
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Aq bleed path or aw defense
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Yep in the hardest difficulty, the 4* just can't outheal the chip damage from long battles with his weak attack
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    edited December 2017
    I just duped my 4* king groot (sig level 20 now) so i thought i'll do some testing and it's pretty interesting

TLDR:
    * You need to be aggressive in using King Groot to deal above average damage. Aggressive during fury cycle maximizes the damage, and aggressive during regen cycle to increase the number of furies on the next fury cycle. For longer fights, apply permanent amor breaks and stop at two armor breaks. Then unleash SP2 during his fury cycle. Lastly, for every minute, his passive regen will regen about 20% life.

Damage Output:
    * His damage output is average during his Fury cycle and sub-par without fury. His damage output can be above average though for every fury he gets above 2 and with armor break. To get more furies, you need to be aggressive every regen cycle. For most opponents (including 5* r4), 2 armor breaks are enough to get the armor to 0. He'll never hit as hard as rocket racoon though.
    * never apply a permanent armor break though against an opponent with willpower or you'll give him a permanent regen as well

Survivability
    * Bleed immune.
    * If unawakened, he's average. If awakened, he gains regen and that triggers every time you run out of furies. His fury state lasts for 12 seconds, and his regen states lasts 16 seconds. After 16 seconds of regen, he would have regained 9% of his life (12% if max signature).If you want to regen more often, you can spend your furies by doing SPs one after the other. Also, with his SP3, you can trigger a regen of 10% that lasts for 3 seconds (or 4.5sec with fury buff).
    * His "shrug a debuff at a cost of 1 fury buff" does not work against coldsnap.

AW
    * Not good against mystic dispersion or any champs that "eats" buffs like voodoo or mordo.
    * Not good against champs with willpower. Getting hit with his SP1 with a fury buff on will give his opponent a permanent regen.

Specials
    * SP1 and SP3 are more utilty (armor break & regen respectively). SP2 is like Dr Voodoo's SP1 envenom with 2 Loas.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Don’t forget the ability to shrug off debuffs.

Dr. Zola
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    regen from his sp3 only trigger 2 out of 5 times, not sure if it's a bug or not
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Im a top 700 alliance member in expert brac who does 5×5 preparing for map 6 as well and from past 6 monthes im taking my 5/50 KG dupe 99 to AQ ,he never saddens me.
    What does this tells ya ?
    edited December 2017
    I'm a top 350 alliance. Experimenting currently with a 550 kg. I run 66555. Some lanes he gets destroyed in map6, esp against juggs with caltrops and limber. Map 5 he's decent but times out against Groot and the debuff immunes on days 4 and 5. Jury's still out for me but that Regen is insane. My sig level is only 40.

For short fights I like to do sp2 while in fury mode as it stacks 2 poisons.

For any fight sp3 in fury mode does decent damage while also giving an incredible Regen.

Longer fights the sp1 during fury mode is decent but this is my least used option esp with AQ timers.

All in all you should use sps while in fury mode.

I do agree with @Tropical_Chris about being aggressive during Regen mode. I want to see if getting hit at the start of the Regen mode could be beneficial as receiving hits could also save up more furies and you'd Regen it back anyway.