**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My first 6* champ

Today I pulled my first 6* champ, and it was a Nightcrawler. Should I be happy? I played with him years ago as 4* I guess.... but I don’t know if he is still good.

Comments

• bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    lol . he's my first as well.. great defender
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I would be glad to have a 6* NC. Still the best evade champ and the best to counter stun free nodes as he is perfect for interceptive play style. Familiarize with him and u will be able to evade easy any special. With a 5* NC I took down the collector without struggle. So when against very strong champs with high attack rating where u can’t afford blocking or any kind of unblockable/unstoppable fights u will discover he is great.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    He’s only good on attack if awakened and on defense he’s solid I guess on stun/debuff immune node... wouldn’t say he’s a great defender anymore. Any ability accuracy or true strike champ wrecks his evade, even if you aren’t good at switching his stances. Lower war tiers he’ll get kills though.. stun immune miniboss. Could been better coulda been worse for first pull.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I'm still lacking a 6*, but then again I need to complete Act 4, Act 5, and the rest of RTTL as well as LOL. On the bright side I started the year with 3 5*s and now have 8 5* and halfway to my 9th one. I'm also excited as I am Lvl 59 and started the year at Lvl 57. I've also noticed that I've improved in playing the game this year.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

Today I pulled my first 6* champ, and it was a Nightcrawler. Should I be happy? I played with him years ago as 4* I guess.... but I don’t know if he is still good.

Me too - my first and only 6* for now.

NC is still very good; and has an awesome offensive synergy with Havok; so look out for him in the basic arena if you don't have him yet.

As well as evade, remember that Deep Wound damage bypasses all kinds of defences like debuff-immunity, bleed-resistance and Tenacity. Works on Corvus even with charges, as he's only immune to bleed debuffs, not bleed damage. It also won't trigger Cable's degen, Abomination's poison, or trouble you with Omega Red's Death Field (although you will see that flicker on and off).
  • GamecodeOneGamecodeOne Posts: 87
    @Magrailothos and the others, thx for your response and the hints. It’s very helpful. I will train with him and hope I’m getting better and better with him.
    Thx and have a nice day.
  • Raiden141Raiden141 Posts: 27
    Lucky!!! Im really good with nightcrawler. I only had him as a 2 star but i could beat certain 4 stars with him it pisses me off that he's so darn rare though.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    With Deep Wounds mastery maxed out he can do some serious damage (assuming opponent can bleed). He is an amazing attacker for those who are good with intercepting. If you are more of a Parry-based attacker, you will have to switch his stances otherwise you will struggle to get any type of rhythm going. That being said, and with the comments above, he is a good set of "training wheels" for those who want to learn how to intercept better. If you mis-time the attack, you have a bit of a safety net with his evade.

He's not particularly good on defense anymore since most have figured out how to change his stance to eliminate the evades. He will still get a kill or two periodically, but it's not something I count on.
  • RichardCraniumRichardCranium Posts: 94
    Nc is a solid 6* to pull. Very under rated attacker, his damage output is great.

He's also having a bit of a resurgence on defense as the trick make him switch modes isnt as easy to pull off with the current ai. Great time to have an undupe 6* NC.