**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Havok counters?

FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
How to fight him? And which champs is good counters to him?

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

angela counters his plasma explosion thing as she can naturally maintain a very long stack of armor. Champs that can gain armor, preferably permanent, can counter havoc's plasma explosion thing.

Other than that if you looking for champs that can parry his projectile based attacks, proxima comes to mind.

Aside from the 2 considerations above, any champ can fight havoc, though champs with guaranteed crits like ghost and corvus are at a slight disadvantage as havoc not only reduces the crit damage by a significant amount, crits also increases his plasma charges which make the plasma explosion thing occur faster.

Cool thnx tho i think imiw is bugged against havok as he still got plasma charges and detonation on him despite having armour
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I believe heimdall works as well
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

angela counters his plasma explosion thing as she can naturally maintain a very long stack of armor. Champs that can gain armor, preferably permanent, can counter havoc's plasma explosion thing.

Other than that if you looking for champs that can parry his projectile based attacks, proxima comes to mind.

Aside from the 2 considerations above, any champ can fight havoc, though champs with guaranteed crits like ghost and corvus are at a slight disadvantage as havoc not only reduces the crit damage by a significant amount, crits also increases his plasma charges which make the plasma explosion thing occur faster.

Cool thnx tho i think imiw is bugged against havok as he still got plasma charges and detonation on him despite having armour
    Oh yes, it has to be armor up buffs, passive armors dont count. I'm not too sure about ice armor though, other threads discuss this also.

Oh yes, it has to be armor up buffs, passive armors dont count. I'm not too sure about ice armor though, other threads discuss this also.
    Damn that seems silly not counting passive armour lol
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Damn that seems silly not counting passive armour lol
    meh, the abilities specifically say armor up buffs, so cant be helped haha
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Cyclops, his brother is immune to all is plasma damage, as havok is equaly immune to all of cyclops energy blast
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Icemans Ice Armor does work vs Havok

I believe vulture is a good matchup also.

Maybe would Red Skull work? I know he starts with a bunch of armor ups but not sure if he can maintain them for the length of the fight.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

... any champ can fight havoc, though champs with guaranteed crits like ghost and corvus are at a slight disadvantage as havoc not only reduces the crit damage by a significant amount, crits also increases his plasma charges which make the plasma explosion thing occur faster.

Corvus deals true damage so reduction doesn’t work on his crits
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Havok is my Havok counter, second to that I would use Vision or Voodoo; *their regular power drains cause his plasma charges to fall off.

... any champ can fight havoc, though champs with guaranteed crits like ghost and corvus are at a slight disadvantage as havoc not only reduces the crit damage by a significant amount, crits also increases his plasma charges which make the plasma explosion thing occur faster.

True damage ignores armor, doesn't do anything for resistances but in the case of Havok he reduces your crit damage rating by 50%.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

Havok is my Havok counter, second to that I would use Vision or Voodoo; *their regular power drains cause his plasma charges to fall off.

True damage ignores armor, doesn't do anything for resistances but in the case of Havok he reduces your crit damage rating by 50%.
    You are wrong. Test it
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    MikeHock said:

Icemans Ice Armor does work vs Havok

I believe vulture is a good matchup also.

Maybe would Red Skull work? I know he starts with a bunch of armor ups but not sure if he can maintain them for the length of the fight.

Iceman was my savior when going for cavalier! That final path havok is insanely op if you don't have a armor up champ icebro saved my butt lol
    edited May 2019

You are wrong. Test it
    Havok reduced Corvus’ crit damage. Your turn?

edited May 2019

You are wrong. Test it
    Also here is an example of Physical resistance in play. Emma has phys resist in diamond form which reduces the damage.

• SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I use venom to beat him...just gotta get an armour buff before he can get u with a plasma detonation and it's a normal fight after that
    Cool i guess it's a good thing to fight havok as it makes me dust off my ultron lol
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Voodoo’s a pretty good counter with his even combo sp2 power burn buffs. It can just be kinda wacky to watch the number of charges bounce around like crazy since his specials and power burn deal energy damage, which ends up in him both taking away and giving plasma charges with each hit.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Ghost, with Wasp and Hood synergy.
    I defeated Havok oneshot on boss node during our last war. I avoided the first plasma explosion by phasing at the right time. I took the second one because a was above 85% health and he was below 10%, so it didn’t matter, I could afford it.
    At the end of the fight, I lost less than 30%
    Critical hits have the damage reduced, but class advantage balance this fact. And ask Havok himself if he felt that the critical hits damage was reduced.
  • CyberSidheCyberSidhe Posts: 3
    Vision works well for me. Has the class advantage and when you power drain Havok he loses all his plasma charges
    Sweet thnx @Kabam Zibiit :)
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    The answer is venom. Dont over think it. If you dont start with armor up, heavy until you do.

• Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Colossus.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    How about the Havok in Save the Battlerealm ?? Ironman with Mind Stone (Armor Buffs), is he better against that Havok than what CapAmerica and his Stone is ??
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Wouldn't quake work?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Wouldn't quake work?

Havok has natural power gain so you’ll have to watch out once he gains enough power for a special.
  • elgaberinoelgaberino Posts: 74

My favorite Havok counters are Bishop and Vision. The latter has already been discussed on this thread. If you reduce Havok to zero power (which you can do, repeatedly, with Vision), his Plasma charges get wiped so you can avoid them overflowing onto you and exploding.

With Bishop the method is different. You don't care if the Plasma hits you.

Bishop is sorta immune and very amplified by Energy attacks of all kinds. For instance, he roasts Electro and Iceman. Havok is no exception. Bishop gains Prowess charges, which he can use to controlled-heal himself or amplify his attack severity, whenever Havok hits him with energy damage. Of course, that's all Havok does. So Bishop gains lots of prowess. Even better, Bishop can tank a Plasma explosion, taking minimal damage, while gaining Prowess charges from that, too. The fight gets interesting because then Bishop can hit Havok with a whopping amount of Energy in return, which amplifies Havok's abilities. But in the balance, it works in Bishop's favor. In a match against Bishop, Havok can look pretty helpless out there.

This past month with Havok on the Bubble Shield node in Uncollected difficulty, it was a tad trickier, since the Bishop method involves deliberately taking a lot of well-timed blocks to ramp up the Prowess to 30 (beyond that he starts overloading, translation: degenerating). I preferred Vision in that setting because Havok was very aggressive and it was easy to just keep intercepting in a rhythm and then burning Havok's power and canceling his Plasma charges.