**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Immunities

A lot of champions have passives that make them more viable to play, some passives even allow champions to have immunties to certain status effects. However some champions either have immunities that don't make sense or no immunities to status effects that shouldn't effect them. For example Iceman has "true ice", which grants him full immunity to poison, bleed, and incinerate. I understand Iceman can create temperatures close to absolute zero, but you don't freeze poison out of your body. After all, he is still a MAN, and has an immune system. Other champions that deserve immunities are Ghost Rider and Red Hulk. Ghost Rider is LITERALLY on fire the the whole fight, yet he can be incinerated, and Red Hulk "over heats" and has flaming, glowing eyes. In my opinion, Ghost Rider should also be immune to poison, since he is always in Ghost Rider form, his body seems to have no organs, just bones and fire, so how would poison affect him? The next champion that deserve an immunity is Electro. He controls electricity with his finger tips, and yet he can take shock damage. These immunites wouldn't be game breaking, they would make sense. If there are anymore immunties, I invite you to comment them. People will say there are more important things that kabam could be doing, and maybe they do, but every time I play this game, these lack of immunities bother me.

Comments

• Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Ghost Rider's fire is not burning hot - it is more of the 'soul' variety than physical/chemical.
    Otherwise how do you think his clothes would last?
    Also, the mods have come out on a number of occasions and said that champs abilities are tailored to the game balance, rather than any sort of perfect accuracy to the source material. The example most often quoted is the Hulk vs Hawkeye one - in a real world situation Hawkeye would be pulped after just one hit, and none of his attacks would have any effect whatsoever. But this is a game, so... you know - 'balance'.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    If dormommu some kind of space creature can become poison immune then I am sure it is possible for someone like this demon from hell can have as well. But yeah they wont change it now since he has a lot of utilities, the only thing I am upset with is iceman I mean you are telling me he is incinerate immune so he is immune to all types of fire?
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    edited August 2017
    Yes, he's so cold that fire can't melt him
    Post edited by Kabam Vydious on
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    You know the saying ice burns?????
  • Options
    buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    I would say that Iceman should be immune to coldsnap... I mean c'mon
  • Options
    AppieAppie Posts: 99
    loki should be immune to coldsnap he has no use in the game ballance him.
  • Options
    nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Beast should be Cold snap immune due to his thick coat!
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    So what you are saying is if iceman somehow landed in a volcano he would walk out as if nothing happened.
  • Options
    General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    Dormammu should be incinerate immune. He's made of a mystical fire. (The flames of the faltines. The same stuff Strange uses in his S2 that should cause incinerate) But please don't because I like using my Gwenpool on him in AQ lol.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    This was already discussed a lot of times.
    Game balance.
    Different Universe
    Not reality
    Just a game
  • Options
    BlackbeardBlackbeard Posts: 133
    For Ghost rider, he should be poison immune cause of his bleed immine reason. Reason mention for his bleed immunity is lack of blood, and if someone is lack of blood i dont know how he can be poisoned? And he is birning in hell fire on skull, he should be incinerate immune too as its an heat effect.
    Iceman should not be poison immune but maybe bleed immune just the same reason of collosus immunity.
    Venom also should get atleast poison immunity. Cause something from outerspace is effected by eaethly poison doesnt make full sense.
  • Options
    Blackbeard wrote: »
    For Ghost rider, he should be poison immune cause of his bleed immine reason. Reason mention for his bleed immunity is lack of blood, and if someone is lack of blood i dont know how he can be poisoned? And he is birning in hell fire on skull, he should be incinerate immune too as its an heat effect.
    Iceman should not be poison immune but maybe bleed immune just the same reason of collosus immunity.
    Venom also should get atleast poison immunity. Cause something from outerspace is effected by eaethly poison doesnt make full sense.

You can poison the bones or the gases around him
  • Options
    BlackbeardBlackbeard Posts: 133
    Champ balance shouldbe done by attribute values. Not by breaking the normal logic of nature. Like ultrons full immunity and lot of ability is balanced with his low attack value.
  • Options
    MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    Waiting for Mikey Boy to step in and say how Ghost Rider being immune to incinerate is gonna break the game. As much as these immunities make sense, Kabam wants debuffs that affect all champions (like Degen *cough* Kabam *cough*) so they don't want to make champs incinerate or shock immune. Mikey or Xzibit or the other guy will close this down soon but oh well. This question has been asked many times and they always give the same generic excuse. Welcome to the club
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    They should balance it out in other ways. Like Groot can be bleed immune but more vulnerable to fire (incinerate) effects. I mean Rocket and Beast should have a little vulnerability to incinerate as well with their fur/hair.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    They should balance it out in other ways. Like Groot can be bleed immune but more vulnerable to fire (incinerate) effects. I mean Rocket and Beast should have a little vulnerability to incinerate as well with their fur/hair.

Hair burns...so confused by this.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Yes, hair and fur burns, hence the vulnerability to incinerate. Not sure why the confusion.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I understand a lot of Kabams reasoning for game balance. But its odd to me that King Groot spews poison from his mouth but isn't poison immune. He should basically be killing himself every time poison touched his mouth with he spews it out.
  • Options
    R4GE wrote: »
    I understand a lot of Kabams reasoning for game balance. But its odd to me that King Groot spews poison from his mouth but isn't poison immune. He should basically be killing himself every time poison touched his mouth with he spews it out.

Poisonous plants can be poisoned
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

Yes, hair and fur burns, hence the vulnerability to incinerate. Not sure why the confusion.

Oh, misunderstood. My bad. Was reading INvulnerability.
  • Options

Oh, misunderstood. My bad. Was reading INvulnerability.

All good as long as we're on the same page