**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam guys, can we just discuss why EQ rewards aren't being updated with the difficulty?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

The real deal in the rewards for Masters is the T2A fragments that allow lower tier players to strengthen, not widen, their roster.

I'm not against additional rewards. But simply asking for it without valid justification or substantiation is just noise and greed, akin to a child throwing a tantrum because his friend has a nicer toy and he wants more.

Yeah, those 10% of a T2A are really going to help players... It only takes 40 months of doing Master Mode 100% in order to get 4 T2A from Master Mode, so we should be thankful!

Why do I ask for increased rewards? Because they are not proportional to the challenge and the current state of the game. I´ve already explained that the difficulty for Master is around 4 times higher than Heroic, and the last time the rewards have been updated was in 2017. Meanwhile the game itself got harder, a lot of annoying defenders have been added (Domino, IMIW or Thing just to name a few), we got incredibly nasty nodes (Aspect of War, Aspect of Evolution...) but the rewards for facing these challenges have not been updated. Maybe you have a different opionion, that´s fine. But stop laughing at people because they have a different opinion than you do.

And before you´re trying to play that "Git gud" card: I, too, have completed Act 6.1 within the first few weeks. You can look at my profile as you like doing that.
    Master or UC isn't meant to be THE source of T2A. For a quest as easy as masters is, 3k a good reward.
    I´v never said that the EQs are the main source of T2A, but saying 3.6k T2A is a good reward for Master is just wrong. Again: It takes 40 months (More than 3 years!) of doing Master in order to get enough T2A to do anything with them. How does that benefit any player?! Those who care about T2A are uncollected anyways as you only use T2A in order to get your 5* champions to R4/5 or your 6* champions to R2. This is nothing non-uncolleted players even think about. I honestly don´t know how anyone can say with a straight face that this can be seen as "good reward".
    And we also have the 5* shards as well: The Master quest if 4x harder than Heroic and only gives us 1.5x the 5* shards. You cannot deny that this is called "bad rewards"
    That's only 1 way to get T2A. Who's only play in master and no other game mode? Stop trying to say it takes 40 months. If you area only playing master and no other game mode you deserve to wait 40 months.
    I´m measuring the rewards by how long it takes for them to become useful. And 40 months is a bit too long to be considered "good".
    Quite possibly the most ignorant way of looking at it. If you want to play that way, increase heroic rewards becuase it will take 20 months to get 5* crystal.

Point is, master is one avenue in getting T2A. Your comparison is not valid.
    Just because I look at it from a different perspective than you do does not mean my comparisation is invalid. That´s ignorant! Also last time I checked 5* crystals costed 10.000 shards and Heroic rewarded 1.000 shards, so if my math is correct here that means it would take 10 months, not 20, which is okay considering that you can clear Heroic after one week of playing the game.
    I don't play heroic anymore and forgot it was 1000, that's my fault. Point is you can't look at it in those terms because there arent many, if any who only do master for T2A. AQ gives them and you can buy them in the glory store. As well as AW seasons.
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

The real deal in the rewards for Masters is the T2A fragments that allow lower tier players to strengthen, not widen, their roster.

I'm not against additional rewards. But simply asking for it without valid justification or substantiation is just noise and greed, akin to a child throwing a tantrum because his friend has a nicer toy and he wants more.

Yeah, those 10% of a T2A are really going to help players... It only takes 40 months of doing Master Mode 100% in order to get 4 T2A from Master Mode, so we should be thankful!

Why do I ask for increased rewards? Because they are not proportional to the challenge and the current state of the game. I´ve already explained that the difficulty for Master is around 4 times higher than Heroic, and the last time the rewards have been updated was in 2017. Meanwhile the game itself got harder, a lot of annoying defenders have been added (Domino, IMIW or Thing just to name a few), we got incredibly nasty nodes (Aspect of War, Aspect of Evolution...) but the rewards for facing these challenges have not been updated. Maybe you have a different opionion, that´s fine. But stop laughing at people because they have a different opinion than you do.

And before you´re trying to play that "Git gud" card: I, too, have completed Act 6.1 within the first few weeks. You can look at my profile as you like doing that.
    Master or UC isn't meant to be THE source of T2A. For a quest as easy as masters is, 3k a good reward.
    I´v never said that the EQs are the main source of T2A, but saying 3.6k T2A is a good reward for Master is just wrong. Again: It takes 40 months (More than 3 years!) of doing Master in order to get enough T2A to do anything with them. How does that benefit any player?! Those who care about T2A are uncollected anyways as you only use T2A in order to get your 5* champions to R4/5 or your 6* champions to R2. This is nothing non-uncolleted players even think about. I honestly don´t know how anyone can say with a straight face that this can be seen as "good reward".
    And we also have the 5* shards as well: The Master quest if 4x harder than Heroic and only gives us 1.5x the 5* shards. You cannot deny that this is called "bad rewards"
    That's only 1 way to get T2A. Who's only play in master and no other game mode? Stop trying to say it takes 40 months. If you area only playing master and no other game mode you deserve to wait 40 months.
    I´m measuring the rewards by how long it takes for them to become useful. And 40 months is a bit too long to be considered "good".
    Quite possibly the most ignorant way of looking at it. If you want to play that way, increase heroic rewards becuase it will take 20 months to get 5* crystal.

Just because I look at it from a different perspective than you do does not mean my comparisation is invalid. That´s ignorant! Also last time I checked 5* crystals costed 10.000 shards and Heroic rewarded 1.000 shards, so if my math is correct here that means it would take 10 months, not 20, which is okay considering that you can clear Heroic after one week of playing the game.
    I don't play heroic anymore and forgot it was 1000, that's my fault. Point is you can't look at it in those terms because there arent many, if any who only do master for T2A. AQ gives them and you can buy them in the glory store. As well as AW seasons.
    Sure I can look at it in those terms. I look at all of the rewards and grade them by how long it takes for them to become useful, that´s just my way of grading rewards. And I know some people who do it like that as well. Again: You can look at it from a different perspective, but don´t tell me that my point of view is irrelevant or ignorant.
    You can look at it but it's not a very good argument for better rewards.
    AndiYTDE said:

You can look at it but it's not a very good argument for better rewards.

From my point of view it is. We both just have to accept that we look at the rewards from a different prespective, but neither of them is irrelevant. How would you feel if I simply said "Your pespective is not relevant!"?

I could honestly care less.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Interesting points, but incredibly myopic.

Based on your logic that it takes 40 months to R4 a single champ using EQ Masters rewards, lets project it further to Uncollected since it’s more relevant to you at your current stage.

UC rewards 9k T5B and using the same logic you presented, it takes 10 months to gather enough T5B to R5 a 5*. UC was first released in Dec 2017, so it has been 17 months of UC, which would mean, at max, you should have 1 R5 or 1 6* R2. Since you already have 3 R5s, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

What you have been arguing is myopic because you are looking at a single source of reward in isolation. Buffing rewards from any one source creates an imbalance which will demand a buff to another source, so on and so forth, forming a vicious cycle.

One example of this is when AW Seasons rewards were overly buffed, and everyone flocked to AW, causing AQ rewards to be underwhelming. Now AQ rewards are buffed, and people are now demanding a buff to EQ and some, AW rewards. Wanna guess what’s gonna happen after that?

Instead, rewards should be seen as a whole from all available sources. Repeated monthly rewards should NEVER be substantial, because simply put, they are recurrent rewards. Buff them too much, all other permanent content becomes irrelevant. Power jumps should mainly come from clearing permanent content, else sustainability becomes an issue.

On your other point about annoying defenders, the same can be said about overpowered attackers that counter the said annoying defenders.

Lastly, annoying nodes introduced. Yes, these nodes are nasty but they were introduced in response to the community demanding for more “skill based” fights out of parry MLLLM. Feedback was given, Kabam responded. Now people are complaining about needing skill? Not to mention, these nodes are mostly found in Uncollected for the “more experienced” players, and once in a while Masters on the bosses, which means, one fight.

Also, unlike before, players have a multitude of avenues to search for advice and assistance to help overcome challenges the game puts forth.

So, like what I mentioned above, the main driving force for asking for a rewards buff seems to be greed. From Kabam’s perspective, too small a rewards buff, players will complain, too big a buff, it unbalances the game.

And FYI, when Uncollected was first introduced, Masters had its difficulty lowered with no reduction in rewards.

M

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

We could suggest to Kabam to x3 the health and attack of all the champs in Uncollected, add global safeguard and aspect of war on every map, then call it Cavalier difficulty. Problem solved 😂

Is other people frustration just a joke to you? How is this post any helpful to the current Discussion? Also what about the fact that ai speed have been doubled? How about you check YouTube and compare how fast does the ai currently recover from sp or how it blocks with 2x the speed it used to? And for everyone who is against this, kabam already said they are indeed looking into it and now you're going to reply with " it's not going to happen anytime soon" but even if it happens next month or 6 months from now what matters is they already think it should be more, so what are you even standing against? Are you saying to kabam that they are wrong for looking into increasing the rewards? Is that y'all point?
    Nah, xNig is just an obvious troll-account who hates everything the community suggests. It´s not even worth talking to her/him.
    Back on topic: I guess it´s no secret that the Master rewards are not really good if you consider the jump of difficulty compared to heroic. An increase of only 500 5* shards is not equal. And what exactly do people who do Master want with that many 3* shards?
    Heroic Ebony Maw has ~4k PI, Master Ebony Maw has ~16k.
    The other fights in 3.1 Heroic have ~ 1.8k PI, Master ones have ~6.5-8.5k (--> Average of 7.5k).
    This equals a theoretical 4x jump in difficulty. But are the rewards 4x as good? I´d say they are not even twice as good...

The first use of t2a is to r4 a 5* is that what you consider a "lower tier player" level? And you get mad when people say you're trolling?

At this point of the game, yes.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Sure I can look at it in those terms. I look at all of the rewards and grade them by how long it takes for them to become useful, that´s just my way of grading rewards. And I know some people who do it like that as well. Again: You can look at it from a different perspective, but don´t tell me that my point of view is irrelevant or ignorant.
    It’s really not a valid way of looking at the rewards bc those rewards are not in a vacuum. Kabam has balnced the those rewards with the rest of the game in mind. So yea it is a good source to t2 alpha to obtain.
  • ChopstickWarriorChopstickWarrior Posts: 14
    vertiGo said:

Can't find the quote button or reply button on this forum.
    But, GW, in your first post you say that rosters are expanding and people have new champions to deal with this content.

This may be true of people who've been UC for a while, it's definitely not true of those who've not been UC for quite so long, so rely on their smaller roster to drag them through content with heavy reliance on revives in the latter stages of UC each month for the completion rewards. Months like this month where there's one boss that means completion rewards aren't accessible without either a shed load of spending or being an exceptional player with the roster you have aren't fair to this player portion. Given the majority of rewards come from the completion and exploration of the quest, that's a fairly large drop in resources for a month and a half of content.

Players who've been UC for a while have also been improving as players during this time, so might not notice the expanding gap beneath them as the ladder slowly slips away is what I'm getting at basically.

Completely agree, I myself have picked up the game back up last april and i had 1 4* r3 champ and now I have r2 6* r5, can rank 5 another 5* and got a r5 gem from variant2 and i'm doing uncollected consistently 100% AND I agree with you. Yes like GW said the learning curve should be the same for everyone and maybe i catogorize as a fast learner but thats the thing, i dont have any problems but still i agree with you. At the stage where i was uncollected and had a few r4 4* and 1 or 2 r5 4* and 1 r4 5*, uncollected was hard for me but i got better with doing it every month and so on but at that moment there weren't freaking korgs,dominos with high sig, IMIW and these new node combinations. I can not imagine how much of a pain this would be if i was back when i just became uncollected. I mean i also play on a second mini account where i just became uncollected and did this UC event (completion) and i have a better roster than my main had at that moment and also my skill is improvement and never have i this much of a struggle on my main at that time. Why? because definitely the difficulty has changed cant even imagine last months HT and anihilus and the minis in front of them.. and for what terrible rewards FOR them in that progression stage.

This is also something i see ppl complaining about. These are relevant rewards for the ones who arent uncollected or cant do UC.. NO not at all. I think as the OP says master is more worth it for the ones with the rosters who breeze through UC or can do it consistent at least. The small portions of those rewards ramp up in total for indeed just autofighting on masters. You can't say oh why you want better rewards for just autofights.. yes cause thats what i did back in the day: autofighting with my maxed 3* (facepalm).
    I'm not even saying that the rewards should be increased in numbers i'm saying it should be better rewards for where the players who can do masters but not UC are. So i'm saying more 4* shards more t1a, t3B and t3CC and t4B and more t4cfrags or crystals. They should be able to do master and get resources to rank up 4* to r4 and r5.
    5* sig stones yeah that will help them lmao.. i'd say add that to the UC rewards, balance it more out and maybe just maybe yes increase some numbers like in shards and frags in the UC difficulty or add another difficulty.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Knock UC down to what it was when it first came out and buff the current form a bit for Cavalier difficulty.

Knock UC down to what it was when it first came out and buff the current form a bit for Cavalier difficulty.

UC is the same as when it first came out. Go do some research.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

Except even if that was true (it’s not, tougher defenders have been introduced and there are way more linked paths) the fact that they haven’t increased rewards means that we’d essentially be getting less for the same work than 1 year ago due to inflation.

RogerRabs said:

Except even if that was true (it’s not, tougher defenders have been introduced and there are way more linked paths) the fact that they haven’t increased rewards means that we’d essentially be getting less for the same work than 1 year ago due to inflation.

Along with your concept of tougher defenders, we now have 5/65 champs for UC. We didn't have those on release, thus rendering that arguement invalid. All UC EQs have had noded paths except the nodes were mixed up along paths. The transitioned into linked paths to make it easier to see the paths. Champion P.Is haven't increased for defenders and boss fights are also along the same P.I levels. Go look it up. Theres video evidence all over the place. Seatins videos are the best evidence because hes done a video on every single one.

Inflation means all aspects of the product stayed the same included yourself, when in fact your roster and champ ranks have grown thus deflating the difficulty of UC eqs. None of you consider roster growth at all when looking at difficulty. All it is, is greed. If anything they need a higher EQ difficulty and leave the rest of the quests alone.
  • Beaker4220Beaker4220 Posts: 8
    IMO The rewards for EQ Master are too low and does not match the meta of the game. Getting a fully formed 3* hero crystal and 500 4* shards for completing Master is considered good? I am newly uncollected and I still struggle with Master chapter 3 and 4 most months.

In Act 5 why are there 1, 2 and 3* chests and the drops are giving out level 1/2 potions which are essentially useless in that harder content. For example, does anyone think that completing 5.3.2 rewards you with 60 5* shards and 25 4* shards reflects the time and energy it takes to complete the quest? The rewards are even worse if you go for 100% clear, you get a whopping 110 5* and 75 4*.

If 4*'s are essentially useless why are the shards so difficult to come by? I am able to form on average 1 or 2 per week compared to between 50+ PHC's. Once you get into the end of Act 4 and into Act 5 1, 2 and 3* heroes really won't help you much.

Don't get me started on the drop rates, it's so difficult to get decent pulls. I'm not a whale but I'm also not cheap, I've spent over $600 on the game in the last year but you would never know it from my roaster. I am all for paying money to get ahead but the rewards need to be worth it. I'm not one of those players that wants everything for free, I want Kabam to make money because I love the game but I get burned out after almost every crystal opening.
  • Woody141082Woody141082 Posts: 223 ★★
    4 pages of comments and no kabam response. That's pretty poor IMO. We've been asking this question a lot and it just seems to get ignored @Kabam Miike can we have a response please

4 pages of comments and no kabam response. That's pretty poor IMO. We've been asking this question a lot and it just seems to get ignored @Kabam Miike can we have a response please

Cause its pointless banter. Plus there isnt any updates so what would have to say?
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    Actually no response is their response. Nothing is changeing
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    AndiYTDE said:

From my point of view it is. We both just have to accept that we look at the rewards from a different prespective, but neither of them is irrelevant. How would you feel if I simply said "Your pespective is not relevant!"?

I think the problem here is that your perspective is relevant to your opinion of the game, but literally no game designer thinks about, judges, measures, or designs rewards with that perspective, at least not in progressional games. They all design rewards in progressional games holistically, treating all rewards as part of an overall whole. So not only will no argument that looks at them in isolation likely be convincing to a game developer, but more importantly even if they wanted to adopt your point of view there's no way to use it. Every game developer is surrounded by an environment of managers and publishers and coworkers they must work with, and game metrics and datamining and design docs they have to honor, that don't adopt that point of view.

A player that adopts your perspective can like or dislike the game. A game developer that adopts your perspective can't work on this kind of game, at least not while trying to enforce that perspective on the game design. Rewards must fit into the whole of the progressional ladder. There are always exceptions to any rule of course, but they tend to be, well, exceptional. For example, Gwenpool Goes to the Movies was not a progressional component of the game. It was a marketing promotional designed to grant outsized rewards for very simple content as a one-time benefit to the players and a way to attract new players. In those cases, rewards are looked at singularly and in isolation, because they are intended to work that way. But those cases are almost always very isolated and very obviously outside the general scope of the game design.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Wrong. Stop trying to lie when we all can go watch videos from that time and see only 1 path of nodes vs every path now.

Wrong. Stop trying to lie when we all can go watch videos from that time and see only 1 path of nodes vs every path now.
    @RagamugginGunner you really have no idea what you are talking about. Stop embarrassing yourself.

@RagamugginGunner you really have no idea what you are talking about. Stop embarrassing yourself.
    Heres the first UC-
    https://youtu.be/2Vrjj4VzQlA

Things to note-
    1. Zero 5/65 champs available.
    2. 4* 5/50 were mostly being used.
    3. Chapter 1.1 featured defenders ranging from 5600 to 6600. All unduped 6*'s except the boss.
    4. Chapter 1.1 boss was 14k P. I and had 6 nodes.
    5. Every champ was noded through all quests and one path had a link node.
    Current UC
    1. Average of 6600 P.I unduped 6*'s.
    2. All chapters have 1 "clear" path with no nodes.
    3. Other paths are seperated into like noded paths with a link at the end.
    4. Current UC 1.1 has a 19k boss
    5. Chapter 3.1 has 12-26k champs
    6. Chapter 3.1 boss is 30k.

It hasnt changed. P.I fluxuates due to new champs different attack/health like it always has. Its also gotten easier since now we have rosters with 2+ rank 5 5*'s or ever Rank 2 6*'s. Tell me where im wrong.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★

If you're open to suggestions, I can offer some for Thanos. Up to you.

Did you beat UC Thanos?

xNig said:

M

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

We could suggest to Kabam to x3 the health and attack of all the champs in Uncollected, add global safeguard and aspect of war on every map, then call it Cavalier difficulty. Problem solved 😂

Is other people frustration just a joke to you? How is this post any helpful to the current Discussion? Also what about the fact that ai speed have been doubled? How about you check YouTube and compare how fast does the ai currently recover from sp or how it blocks with 2x the speed it used to? And for everyone who is against this, kabam already said they are indeed looking into it and now you're going to reply with " it's not going to happen anytime soon" but even if it happens next month or 6 months from now what matters is they already think it should be more, so what are you even standing against? Are you saying to kabam that they are wrong for looking into increasing the rewards? Is that y'all point?
    Nah, xNig is just an obvious troll-account who hates everything the community suggests. It´s not even worth talking to her/him.
    Back on topic: I guess it´s no secret that the Master rewards are not really good if you consider the jump of difficulty compared to heroic. An increase of only 500 5* shards is not equal. And what exactly do people who do Master want with that many 3* shards?
    Heroic Ebony Maw has ~4k PI, Master Ebony Maw has ~16k.
    The other fights in 3.1 Heroic have ~ 1.8k PI, Master ones have ~6.5-8.5k (--> Average of 7.5k).
    This equals a theoretical 4x jump in difficulty. But are the rewards 4x as good? I´d say they are not even twice as good...

The first use of t2a is to r4 a 5* is that what you consider a "lower tier player" level? And you get mad when people say you're trolling?

At this point of the game, yes.

Don’t flaunt your age. 😊
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Not sure why there's been a surge of Posts on this, but this isn't accurate. For the most part, the difficulty hasn't increased that much. Somewhat, yes. However, Rosters have grown and Champs with newer Abilities have been added. The Thanos Fight is a special occurrence, and it's meant to be a challenge. Aside from a month or two where the Bosses haven't been properly gauged, it's not that much harder.
    The Rewards from Side Quests are part of the EQ. Not a replacement for it. It's a way to add extra Rewards without increasing the difficulty of the EQ more. The Rewards are not irrelevant because of the Side Quests. If you increase the Rewards too much in the EQ, you have to add more work to earn them, and that's the opposite of what people want.

How would you know? You didn't do the first 8 months of UC because you weren't at that level yet.
    Did I say UC? OP is talking about Master, for one thing. For another, I've played the same game for years. I can gauge for myself what has and hasn't become more difficult. For the most part, it hasn't become that much harder. The AI has behaved differently, and there have been a couple times where I thought the challenge was extra, but overall it's been the same effort for the same Rewards. When you examine it over time.
    You should really read carefully when trying to take a shot at me. I'm not the one who ends up embarrassed.
    You guess and argue it as fact. Keep it up.
    Are you going to contribute any points to the discussion, or are you just popping in to make jabs?
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I'm only talking about MASTER.
    UC rewards are fine as they are imo
    3* are totally irrelevant now and 4* are starting to become obsolete too.
    I think that master exploration should at least give resources to r4 a 4* and maybe increase the amount of shards?
    Kabam said they were trying to increase the availability of 5* shards. This is the place to do so I think.