**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6.2 Rarity Gates the beginning of the end for non whale spenders and/or not 7/24 on MCOC?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

I don't represent Kabam. That's about as old as my time here. They "forced" people not to use 4*s to act as a progress gate. That keeps the level of challenge where they intended it, and the Rewards where they wouldn't throw off the entire balance of the Reward structure. Unless you think it's a good idea for people to jump from 4*s to 6*s and bypass a whole lot of steps and growth along the way. Personally, I think that's irresponsible balancing. So it was a good idea.
    They're not banning 5*s. Some Paths require 2, 3, or 4 6*s to complete, and people will be able to do about half without. To be perfectly honest, you should have at least that by that stage in the game.
    To answer your question, you wait until you're equipped. Just like anyone else who's not ready yet.

Why do you have forced in quotations?
    I don't agree with the term. It's not one I would use.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I'm definitely not ready I don't have my cc installed to buy thousands of cavalier crystals to hit the mandatory gate requirements or buy multiple pots using the trash 6*s rng has given me but by all means troll on dude I know you get off on it
    xNig has already said the Paths with 6*s are easy. People don't need to spend. If they're chasing after only the best Champs, that would be their own choice. If people refuse to do it with the Champs they have on stubborn principle because they're "garbage", I really don't know what to say to that. They'd be doing that to themsleves. God forbid they use what they have and finish it. Lol.
    As for Classes, they come with time.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

I'm definitely not ready I don't have my cc installed to buy thousands of cavalier crystals to hit the mandatory gate requirements or buy multiple pots using the trash 6*s rng has given me but by all means troll on dude I know you get off on it

Have you even seen the content yet?
    edited May 2019
    Akhilxcx said:

xNig has already said the Paths with 6*s are easy. People don't need to spend. If they're chasing after only the best Champs, that would be their own choice. If people refuse to do it with the Champs they have on stubborn principle because they're "garbage", I really don't know what to say to that. They'd be doing that to themsleves. God forbid they use what they have and finish it. Lol.

let me stop you at xNig said. why would you believe him is he a kabam spokesperson or representatives. all i know he is a "beta tester" for so many months. and if he's so good at his job why doesn't he test new updates that bring these bugs.
    You have no idea how Beta Testing works. He's not a "spokesperson". He tested Act 6. Not the entire game, and not for ongoing issues.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

Dshu said:

Have you even seen the content yet?
    have you?? people are generally providing there feedback. what's your issue??
    Dshu said:

As for Classes, they come with time.

I'm sorry I must have missed it. Where are you at in story mode? I'm sure you are complete up through 6.1 since you understand how this should not be frustrating for players reading it
    I'm quite aware how frustrating it is when you're not ready for something.
    Akhilxcx said:

let me stop you at xNig said. why would you believe him is he a kabam spokesperson or representatives. all i know he is a "beta tester" for so many months. and if he's so good at his job why doesn't he test new updates that bring these bugs.
    I've been a beta tester along many others on here for champion updates. Its how they label us so that we can use the beta forums. We don't work for Kabam. @xNig has been testing act 6 but doesnt worm for Kabam.

Akhilxcx said:

You have no idea how Beta Testing works. He's not a "spokesperson". He tested Act 6. Not the entire game, and not for ongoing issues.
    he tested act 6 in ongoing issues saying its easy is just complete bs. how do you even know for sure he is a beta tester.
    Akhilxcx said:

Akhilxcx said:

he tested act 6 in ongoing issues saying its easy is just complete bs. how do you even know for sure he is a beta tester.
    No. You have it all wrong. He's part of the community who is previewing act 6 before release which means hes in the beta program. He did say the 6* gates are easy to do as well.
    Dshu said:

Again, why do you play this game? You've never had anything good to say about it. Youre always complaining on the forums and you always take offense to anyone who has an oppisite opinion of yours saying we Kabam trolls. Just walk away from the game already.

Akhilxcx said:

Akhilxcx said:

No. You have it all wrong. He's part of the community who is previewing act 6 before release which means hes in the beta program. He did say the 6* gates are easy to do as well.
    unless kabam releases and official statement on the participants of their beta tests i am believing no one that just says he tested it bcoz he has no credibility
    Akhilxcx said:

Akhilxcx said:

Akhilxcx said:

unless kabam releases and official statement on the participants of their beta tests i am believing no one that just says he tested it bcoz he has no credibility
    They dont release the names. We sign non disclosesure statements and can only comment abaut what they allow us to. But its a well known fact they have this program. Ive participated in 2 for AQ myself.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Akhilxcx said:

Akhilxcx said:

Well gorsh I guess we are all just overthinking things. If he says the content is easy and the gates aren't a problem then what are we all doing discussing them. Sorry guys we are simple people who Obvious lack any experience or knowledge about our rosters rng or the game. We probably don't even need the forum anymore just wait for him to post good or bad and we are all set
    Dshu said:

Akhilxcx said:

Akhilxcx said:

Well gorsh I guess we are all just overthinking things. If he says the content is easy and the gates aren't a problem then what are we all doing discussing them. Sorry guys we are simple people who Obvious lack any experience or knowledge about our rosters rng or the game. We probably don't even need the forum anymore just wait for him to post good or bad and we are all set
    I'd agree with everything you just said.
    Right, because I couldn't possibly fathom the complexity of Rosters, and I've never discussed RNG in my life, and I couldn't imaginably understand the hardcore issues presented. Lol. Just stop.
    Dshu said:

Dshu said:

Again, why do you play this game? You've never had anything good to say about it. Youre always complaining on the forums and you always take offense to anyone who has an oppisite opinion of yours saying we Kabam trolls. Just walk away from the game already.
    Ok so if my opinion isn't all hail kabam I guess I'm not allowed to play. Speaking of opinions I don't recall ever seeing a post from you or gw that doesn't praise kabam and cut down anyone who doesn't 100% agree that they are the greatest
    You should try looking harder.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx said:

Right, because I couldn't possibly fathom the complexity of Rosters, and I've never discussed RNG in my life, and I couldn't imaginably understand the hardcore issues presented. Lol. Just stop.

ok so when you want to complain about the difficulty of hydra adaptoid and darkhawk and the overall A.I. issues then you are right and when we want give feedback on some content we are wrong. just wow man
    How are you giving feedback on content when it hasn't even been released yet? A lot of you are overreacting to something you're just assuming things about.

The only thing you actually know are that there are rarity and class gates. How about you wait and see what the content actually looks like before having fits?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Akhilxcx said:

Simply because you are naive and don’t know how beta testing works.

I’ll be waiting for you to eat your words when 6.2 drops.
    Akhilxcx said:

Akhilxcx said:

Akhilxcx said:

You can continue believing in what you want to believe and be all sour about the new end game content being introduced. It’s your life man.
    Dshu said:

That was based on experience when something I fought wasn't scaled. That's how I felt. This isn't even released yet and no one but the Beta Testers has even done it yet. So far, all we've debated is some kind of violation of imaginary rights because they have requirements for content. There's a big difference between giving feedback on the effort we've put in and saying we shouldn't have to put effort in on principle.

At least with the adaptoid and darkhawk you were speaking about something you could attempt and understand. Here like in many posts you are throwing in your 2 cents that kabam is great. While I found the difficulty of the adaptoid and darkhawk to be average as far as scaling I at least offered suggestions on those threads for alternative ways to deal with them not the a beta tester said it's ok and kabam is great nonsense you spew in every post. The gates are going to be restrictive based not off skill and ability but off your roster. The number of 5* and 6* shards and availability of those changes has only increased if you are willing to spend on cavalier crystals. Since apparently you aren't to this game your view on this gate isn't the same has others who while at this point in the game where they can enter it are being restricted for not spending. Hence why people view your opinion on this matter and many others to be worthless yest you continue to try to shove it down other players throats
    I gotta stop you here. End game content is targeted at end game players and made purposely more difficult to provide them a challenge.

Roster depth comes with either time, or money. If people want to whale out on Cavalier crystals to build their rosters fast, it’s their choice. If you choose to be free to play, then you have to know that you will NEVER progress as fast as people who spend.

To increase 5/6* shards, it is impossible for Kabam to say, “Alright, here’s a quest that gives out 100,000 5* shards and 30,000 6* shards for the month.” Increase has to be gradual and it has been evident since Seasons started that availability has drastically increased compared to before.

This game is a grind to accumulate resources to overcome challenges. Instead of being impatient and wanting instant gratification, think about how 4*s are handed out like candy nowadays that give 500+ 5* shards per dupe.