**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

RNG is killing this game

Hi guys, first post here, long time lurker.
I have now pulled my 63rd unique 5star....but in reality I only use 6-7 of those 5 stars...the rest see a bit of light in arena and that's it.
I clear content with champs from a couple years ago (Hype, GR, Blade, AA -unduped) the only new-ish champ I have is Beardo (unduped, even though I have pulled 3 x mystic AGs...more RNG luck)

My point is I am becoming increasingly frustrated at continuing to get average to meh champs who do nothing to my roster. They don't help me clear more content like 100% variants 2 or 6.1 (initial clear done) I am basically stuck.

I have heard many great suggestions about splitting up the pool, targeting champs....but as KABAM keeps adding more and more champs RNG gets tougher and tougher and makes this game close to unplayable

We all have bad streaks of RNG and hate this game. But it seems to be getting worse the bigger the game gets
Thoughts?

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Not true. But believe what you like if it makes you feel better.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Rng is ramdom, yes, I have seen some people who are FTP and yes they do get some of the best Godtier, and yes they progress faster.

Anyhow, as long as you don’t put the $$$$ to buy :

Units to buy cristals, and get HIGHER chances or MORE chances to pull GT champions...

And Ressources to ranks up those GT champions faster....

Then you cant, and I trully believe this ( but they are the exceptions....) access the really good platinum 1-2 alliances and do full seasons of AW and AQ, seasons after seasons, and get the greater rewards that comes with it.

You need a really great roaster to access these alliances and you needs ressources to boosts, and heal your champions for these allliances.

That’s my point, you can get a few 5* that are GT, rank them up to 4/5, get the good 6*, but overall to have the roaster to get in these alliances, you need to have put in the $$ to rank up those precious 5* duped GT to 5/5 with high sig ability’s....

So yes free to pay you can have the rng on your side... but that aint enough to make it in the BIG Alliances.

And to everone who will tell me that are platinum 1 or 2 and you make AQ map 6-7 with 5* 4/5 unduped and haven’t spent a $ on the game, or well, congrats, your awsome.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

Rng is ramdom, yes, I have seen some people who are FTP and yes they do get some of the best Godtier, and yes they progress faster.

Units to buy cristals, and get HIGHER chances or MORE chances to pull GT champions...

Then you cant, and I trully believe this ( but they are the exceptions....) access the really good platinum 1-2 alliances and do full seasons of AW and AQ, seasons after seasons, and get the greater rewards that comes with it.

You need a really great roaster to access these alliances and you needs ressources to boosts, and heal your champions for these allliances.

That’s my point, you can get a few 5* that are GT, rank them up to 4/5, get the good 6*, but overall to have the roaster to get in these alliances, you need to have put in the $$ to rank up those precious 5* duped GT to 5/5 with high sig ability’s....

So yes free to pay you can have the rng on your side... but that aint enough to make it in the BIG Alliances.

And to everone who will tell me that are platinum 1 or 2 and you make AQ map 6-7 with 5* 4/5 unduped and haven’t spent a $ on the game, or well, congrats, your awsome.

Stop saying spending gets you higher chances to pull champs you want. All crystals have the same drop rates regardless of your spending habbits.

You can't just have a good roster to get into a high tier alliance for aq and aw. You have to have skill to perform at that level. Just having the champs won't make you a good player. That's like saying if you won't 10 billion dollars and bought an airplane it means you can fly a plane.

YouTube Brian Grant is FTP and plays in a high tier alliance. He also has ups and downs with pulls.
  • GdhgvbGdhgvb Posts: 7
    The only thing I see when I see posts like this are "Uhh why don't they just give us the champions/items we want in crystals?" It's a set chance to get different tiers of champions and isn't changed unless the game team says so. Just because you had bad luck doesn't say anything about your skill or the quality of the game.
  • MadTitanMadTitan Posts: 19
    If they buffed old champs, we wouldn't have that problem with RNG in a first place...

Fact that most popular characters like Hulkbuster, OG Cap and IM or Magneto are totally unusable is one thing, but Kabam should at least help us avoid them if they are too lazy to improve them. Instead, they are still pushing them everywhere it goes - Featured crystals, Dungeon crystals etc...I get that there is nothing they should do about your individual luck in regular crystal spins, but to increase your chances for absolute trash in targeted crystals, that's just ...well, so Kabam...what am I thinking

Jeeei said:

I have now pulled my 63rd unique 5star....but in reality I only use 6-7 of those 5 stars...the rest see a bit of light in arena and that's it.
    I clear content with champs from a couple years ago (Hype, GR, Blade, AA -unduped) the only new-ish champ I have is Beardo (unduped, even though I have pulled 3 x mystic AGs...more RNG luck)

My point is I am becoming increasingly frustrated at continuing to get average to meh champs who do nothing to my roster. They don't help me clear more content like 100% variants 2 or 6.1 (initial clear done) I am basically stuck.

I have heard many great suggestions about splitting up the pool, targeting champs....but as KABAM keeps adding more and more champs RNG gets tougher and tougher and makes this game close to unplayable

We all have bad streaks of RNG and hate this game. But it seems to be getting worse the bigger the game gets
    Thoughts?

RNG IS NOT THE ISSUE. CONTENT THAT REQUIRES 4% OF ALL AVAILABLE CHAMPS IS THE ISSUE. IF THE CONTENT WERE NOT DEPENDENT ON USAGE OF 4% OF ALL AVAILABLE CHAMPS NO ONE WOULD CARE ABOUT DROP RATES AND MY CAPS LOCK WOULDN'T BE BROKEN.

When I'm blasting through tilted towers it'd be super awesome if the drop rate for a boom bow were higher, but i can still win with dual pistols. Love that bow though.
    4%? If the bulk of the community thinks that way, I can see why they are always unhappy and complaining about their pulls. Lol
  • GlidarnGlidarn Posts: 7
    Am still waiting for a cosmic that is worthy a rank 5 and l have over 100 signature stones waiting as well and have to put the once that is expiring on useless champs
    Well.. for the longest time (6-8 months at least), my alt had to make do with a 5* R4 Drax as his only R4. Then in a span of a month, I pulled GR Blade Medusa 5*, got a cosmic AG for Medusa and R5 her. Then pulled WS 6*, followed by KG 6* then KM 6*. Followed by CG 5* and a few more decent champs.

Yes rng might suck sometimes. But just bear with it and eventually it will reward you for being patient. No point mulling and getting pissed off for something beyond your control.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    The whole point of the game is rng
    Don't play if you don't like that
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Jeeei said:

Thoughts?

It happens all the time and it is incredibly frustrating. I went a year having pulled only one champ released the previous 12 months. I had a string of 80% dupes and redupes over 35 5* pulls (most of which were either shoddy champs or redupes of champs I used but had already duped multiple times). I purchased a guaranteed 5* crystal that would had a 11/13 chance to give me one of several top tier 2018 champs—and got the one champ I didn’t want.

It isn’t fun. But you have to make peace with it and move on. They aren’t changing champ acquisition mechanics any time soon.

Dr. Zola
    Doubt they’ll be changing it at all bro.

Tbh I find getting god tier champs too early in the game actually does more harm than good.

Let’s say your first 5* is a Corvus and you are able to absolutely massacre everything in the old content. Then as the game shifts and Corvus becomes old news with more counters introduced, you’re left stuck without the skill and experience needed to overcome the challenges the game throws at you.

But that’s my opinion. I had to grind my way up from having 4* R2 as top champs.

Stop saying spending gets you higher chances to pull champs you want. All crystals have the same drop rates regardless of your spending habbits.

You can't just have a good roster to get into a high tier alliance for aq and aw. You have to have skill to perform at that level. Just having the champs won't make you a good player. That's like saying if you won't 10 billion dollars and bought an airplane it means you can fly a plane.

YouTube Brian Grant is FTP and plays in a high tier alliance. He also has ups and downs with pulls.
    Brian Grant, does all the miles stones for every arena’s, to get all is units.... now think a little how much time it takes to do that everyday? So let’s say he doesn t put a penny in the game, and passes hours every day, to make all those mile stones... how does he pay rent? Put food on is table? Got a family? Need $$$

So yes you can grind the arena to get the 7000 units a month. But you still need $$$$ to pay for your life expenses. So his $$$$, well goes to other aspect of his life to support his living.

Therefor you need $$$$ to play this game at high level, and do only that, arena’s, AQ, AW, EQ, SQ......

Nothing is free in this world...... you need $$$$$
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Couple of things here

1. The game isn’t only PTW but it largely is PTW or invest immense amount of time. Largely if you have the money you can transform your roster overnight now because of cavalier crystals. It has always had some elements of that as It is a free game so that is the price we pay. I think channels could be opened to make this better but with cavalier crystals Kabam chose the other direction.

2. Crystal RNG odds are becoming far more tilted away from getting what you want. Pools grow larger and larger making the odds tilt against where they were a year ago, 2 years ago and so on. I have never naturally awakened(out of a crystal) a single 5* that is a part of my regular team. Been playing for a long time so that is saying something. If I couldn’t push harder content than my roster was typically capable of for the average person I would be in a tough spot. This only gets worse every month.

3. More RNG divides are being introduced causing more frustration and divide because of luck. This is seen on the ridiculous nature of the last stand crystals reward pool spread from 10k gold to 5* awakening gem. We have been seeing this across a lot of different events. RNG opponents, RNG nodes, RNG difficulty and RNG rewards. The more this happens the more we lose in fairness across the player base.

RNG is necessary in this game but it just seems the game is steering down a heavier than necessary RNG path with increasing the number of offers to buy what you want. More offers weekly with less rewards increase.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It is too many of the same champs over and over. Rng is random but the crystals are full of outdated, out powered champs. I feel like the pool should have shrunk as you moved up. And honestly, i think it should have been the most famous champs at the top, cap, im, thor, only different and improved to be different from their lower tier versions. I have raised everyone in the game ( but three champs ) to max, some of them 3 times already! How many times we gonna have to raise the same guys to do the same thing? Only real difference is the mini games otherwise they are just more of the same in a game already rife with a cushing amount of repetition already!
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    MadTitan said:

If they buffed old champs, we wouldn't have that problem with RNG in a first place...

This is the main issue. If storm was as effective as corvus, then people would be excited about pulling a storm.

There is little to no balance in the game right now between new champs and old champs. RNG wouldn't matter if every champ on our rosters was useful in some way. The frustrating part about opening 5* and 6* crystals is 90% of what's in there is just arena fodder.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I totally agree with the player base RNG does suck, but it’s only going to be worse. As the champion base increases, the chances of pulling something you want diminishes like crazy.

I would say the only way to fix this is drop the 10k crystal to 7.5k and feature to 12.5k but then people will say “I just spent X amount for trash again!” It’s going to be hard to please the community.

I have also seen ideas of pooling champs together in different crystals. Which is like the dungeon crystal, problem is if you add 10 champs there kabam will drop 5 really horrible champs, 2 aight champs, 2 good champs and 1 god tier. You then have a 50% shot at pulling trash lol.

I’d love a crystal that would contain 2 champs from each year then 2 wild cards. 1/3 trash, 1/3 very useful and 1/3 god tier. But that just won’t happen lol.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Doubt they’ll be changing it at all bro.

Tbh I find getting god tier champs too early in the game actually does more harm than good.

Let’s say your first 5* is a Corvus and you are able to absolutely massacre everything in the old content. Then as the game shifts and Corvus becomes old news with more counters introduced, you’re left stuck without the skill and experience needed to overcome the challenges the game throws at you.

But that’s my opinion. I had to grind my way up from having 4* R2 as top champs.

Yep. Only reason I was able to progress my roster years back was putting in 20+ rounds of 3/4* basic arena runs when I barely got 100K a run. Painful but was the only way to grow, starting with the very first DD basic arena.

That and waiting until everyone in my house was asleep so I could concentrate on clearing the T3b quest without interruption.

Dr. Zola
    Spurgeo14 said:

This game, to get the good roaster, the way it is now, is to join the whalers, who drops in the $$$$, to buy units, to buy cristals....

I seen a guy drop 2000$ worth of cavalier cristal on you tube and he got a bunch of meeeh tier 5*, 1 x6*, and a bunch of 4* and 3*....

So anyone on the FTP or the ones putting in a few $$ here and there wont get the really good game changing champions, and the new OP champions....

So yeah, the RNG sucks for everyone, but the ones who puts in the $$$$, have higher chances to pull the great God Tiers...

uh, no

First off, people who put in a lot of money don't have higher chances to pull great God tiers. They have more chances.

I'm completely FTP (have been since day 1 and will always be FTP), and I have better 6* luck than (IMO) 90% of the playerbase. Corvus, Ghost, and Wasp. RNG is just that...random.
    More chances equates to higher chances. 🤦‍♂️
    Not in crystal openings. Watch any number of COWhale videos. See the differences in how long it takes to get what he wants. Yes at some point opening enough will get the champ you desire but does mean its a higher chance. He opened 780 one time and still didn't get it.

Spurgeo14 said:

This game, to get the good roaster, the way it is now, is to join the whalers, who drops in the $$$$, to buy units, to buy cristals....

I seen a guy drop 2000$ worth of cavalier cristal on you tube and he got a bunch of meeeh tier 5*, 1 x6*, and a bunch of 4* and 3*....

So anyone on the FTP or the ones putting in a few $$ here and there wont get the really good game changing champions, and the new OP champions....

So yeah, the RNG sucks for everyone, but the ones who puts in the $$$$, have higher chances to pull the great God Tiers...

uh, no

First off, people who put in a lot of money don't have higher chances to pull great God tiers. They have more chances.

I'm completely FTP (have been since day 1 and will always be FTP), and I have better 6* luck than (IMO) 90% of the playerbase. Corvus, Ghost, and Wasp. RNG is just that...random.
    Not in crystal openings. Watch any number of COWhale videos. See the differences in how long it takes to get what he wants. Yes at some point opening enough will get the champ you desire but does mean its a higher chance. He opened 780 one time and still didn't get it.
    Bro your chances are higher, when you buy more cristals....

Or you get more chances when you buy a higher amount of cristals...

Spurgeo14 said:

uh, no

You get more chances the more you buy. It's in no way guaranteed you'll get it.

Spurgeo14 said:

uh, no

You get more chances the more you buy. It's in no way guaranteed you'll get it.
    Ok I quit, you win, your smarter...🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    With 150 plus champs that take so long to collect at the 5 and 6 star tiers, and with the increased number of levels for their signatures requiring more dupes than the lower teirs, and with greater amounts to item pieces also taking longer to aquire and everything but tier 1 and 2 iso and revives and restores in the quest material, removed as potential drops, it seems to me that spending is the only way anyone will be able to complete a champ. Something has to give! Either the things to raise them need to be more available in the game, like full t2c and t3c and full basics, and some larger iso, or the champs themselves need to be easier to obtain. Kabam can't expect us to keep grinding if we are really getting no where as far as individual champ growth! It is not enough to be like Macdonald's! "Would you like small? Medium? Large? Or extra large coke with that?" No matter what size it is...it is still a coke...just makes you pee more!
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    This argument is laughable. % drop rate plus number of attempts against that drop rate does change the statistical odds you will attain that champion based off number of attempt you play against the 1% drop rate. Yes the chance is 1% per crystal but number of attempts against the drop rate changes the statistical probability that you pull said champion.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    RNG is debatable. Whenever I see the "early release" bundles, I can already know which people in my alliance are going to pull the high rarity 5/6* featured champ from the crystals and which ones won't. Without fail every single time.