**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ebony maw working as intended?

DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
With ebony maw coming to arena soon can we please get confirmation that he is working as intended. I'm only really concerned with his interactions with corvus. With corvus being added as a miniboss in aq I am considering a grind for a 3* ebony. Using an unranked 3* to kill minibosses just sounds too good to pass up

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    "Bypass Guaranteed Critical Hits
    Ebony Maw can be extremely dangerous when brought into the right matchup since all guaranteed critical hits will miss instead, say goodnight Corvus.
    Developer Notes: Ebony Maw can be a pretty strong Alliance War Defender, especially when placed on a dangerous node, however, he also brings utility that allows him to dominate in a variety of different matchups, especially long lasting fights where he’s given the opportunity to inflict the opponent with Black Tongue."

.....so yes.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Corvus is still able to hit you with his first light attack
  • Options

"Bypass Guaranteed Critical Hits
    Ebony Maw can be extremely dangerous when brought into the right matchup since all guaranteed critical hits will miss instead, say goodnight Corvus.
    Developer Notes: Ebony Maw can be a pretty strong Alliance War Defender, especially when placed on a dangerous node, however, he also brings utility that allows him to dominate in a variety of different matchups, especially long lasting fights where he’s given the opportunity to inflict the opponent with Black Tongue."

.....so yes.

We have seen changes made when unintended interactions benefit the players before. With corvus as a miniboss in aq it may later be claimed as an unintentional interaction meaning his value will go down as a defender as well
  • Options
    That's not unintentional. It's literally and explicitly his thing. Drax has always been specified not to be designed for Mordo, if that's what you mean.
  • Options

That's not unintentional. It's literally and explicitly his thing. Drax has always been specified not to be designed for Mordo, if that's what you mean.

I was more referring to the developer notes on domino that were later changed because it was believed she would be too op but basically an exploit that benefits the player fits here
  • Options
    Domino was already OP to begin with. We're talking one Champ that can bypass another. Not that game-altering. For that matter, general consensus is that his Damage is really low, so you'll have a time taking that Mini Boss out. Lol.
  • Options
    Since there is no Penalty in aq and he cant kit you beyond his first light attack if you do mess up I see no real downside to fighting him multiple rounds if needed. If it becomes too boring ranking up a 3* to use 1 week a month isn't a huge resource drain
  • Options
    You'll time out most likely. Up to you. That can get costly.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    You can basically play ebony like ghost against corvus
  • Options
    How can that get costly it only takes half your health. You can't die from timeouts
  • Options
    There are easier ways to take down a Corvus than that. You get hit with the first Attack, you're out.
  • Options
    Lol at my alliances prestige if you take a combo from any miniboss you are out. If you are going to play the game you may as well have fun with it
  • Options
    It's up to you I guess. As it stands, that's his intended design. Unless there's a serious game-breaking issue, I don't see it changing. Taking down a Mini in AQ wouldn't exactly qualify.
  • Options
    Thanks I was just looking for confirmation from kabam I'm good now🙄
  • Options
    Well, I'm not Kabam. Lol. I just shared what's in the Spotlight. Seems pretty explicit.
  • Options
    Such ****. You just had to render Corvus useless and even worse, the synergy with Corvus and Ebony is pointless. You can’t add more critical chance to an already 100% critical hit.