**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Emma Frost is awesome

So awhile back I did a rank up poll and the resounding answer was to take my Emma Frost 5* to r4 over several other options and I took the community advice and took her up and I have been stoked with her. but it has made me wonder why there isn’t more “hype” for lack of a better word about her as an attacker and a startlingly low amount of discussion and video content out there on her. I guess my goal with this post is that so the next person that searches the forums for info on her can find this post among all of the old posts about her being an awful uncollected boss and hopefully get people talking about her a little bit.

Comments

• Dsc0721Dsc0721 Posts: 83
    I don’t even have sentinel as a 3 star to test out the synergy but yeah man I love Emma she has so much utility and solid damage on her sp2 I just wish Phoenix was a better champ the 2 for 1 prowess synergy is awesome but I’m terrible with Phoenix
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I would love to take my 5* Emma to R5 once I get the T5b I need. She hits like a truck and I always run Sentinel with her. She's a great champ.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Agreed emma is amazing. Once i get 2 more t4 mutant she'll be my first r4
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    The reason you don’t see much hype is because Ghost has a lot of the same utility as Emma only with higher damage output.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Emma is amazing...has an answer to so many things that the game has to throw at me..she has a full arsenal of utility on top of having a really awesome damage output..she is my go-to champ for so many war fights and nodes
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Mixalis said:

She's made out of diamonds, hence men stay away.from Emma Frost because she's a "gold digger."

Made of diamonds but needs to be a gold digger? Don’t understand your logic.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    Best advice I can give for Frost players is to parry+heavy (3 times, this will push you into telepath form) then go in for your standard M,L,L,L,M combo, sp2. Repeat.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Until one of the big boys on youtube pulls her ranks her up and does a gameplay video, many people are oblivious to her and just see her as a champion that is used for defense and needs awakening.

I have her sitting at r4 myself. I probably won't r5 her (maybe if a dupe her) simply because she can be obtained as a 6*. If i got her at 6* i won't hesitate to r2 her.

The reason you don’t see much hype is because Ghost has a lot of the same utility as Emma only with higher damage output.

Hmm Ghost does not have a lot of the same utility. Last i checked ghost doesn't have power sting, ability accuracy reduction, Power gain reduction, taunt, ability to bypass evade mechanics (telepath form). She also has a lot of physical and crit resistance, a 10% chance to perfect block , causes opponent crit rating to be lowered, high armor and high block proficiency in diamond form.
  • Dsc0721Dsc0721 Posts: 83
    @Bidzy7 your right some very specific content creators need to pull her and give her the hype she deserves but I was thinking about it after someone else commented earlier emma and ghost do have a lot of similar utility, examples being immunities ghost stops evades while critting Emma does the same while in telepath form and ghost with synergy can tank special 3 and Emma can with dupe. Emma however does have the ability accuracy reduction and power control capabilities that ghost doesn’t as you mentioned. But ghosts damage cap is higher then Emma’s. All that said to say I can see how they fit a similar space utility wise but Emma is bae and needs some love.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Mixalis said:

Emma is amazing...has an answer to so many things that the game has to throw at me..she has a full arsenal of utility on top of having a really awesome damage output..she is my go-to champ for so many war fights and nodes

How is her bleed immunity? Are you able to sustain diamond form?
    As has been mentioned.. u gotta manage Ur and opponents power and hence manage her forms...if u want to be in diamond for for most of the time then easiest way is to cycle through sp1 while doing parry and 5 hit combos..or the colossus synergy which has also been mentioned..plus u can add sentinel to the team to give her extra attack while in diamond form
    I personally find pheonix synergy to be the best as that double prowess makes it easy to launch her strong specials at full potential along with a starky esque crit rate
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

Hmm Ghost does not have a lot of the same utility. Last i checked ghost doesn't have power sting, ability accuracy reduction, Power gain reduction, taunt, ability to bypass evade mechanics (telepath form). She also has a lot of physical and crit resistance, a 10% chance to perfect block , causes opponent crit rating to be lowered, high armor and high block proficiency in diamond form.

Ghost doesn’t need power sting as her damage is already high enough. She doesn’t need power gain reduction or taunt because she can tank SP3 with Hood synergy. She DOES bypass evade mechanics on every attack when she’s phased which is very easy to work with. She doesn’t need block or resistance as she can’t be touched when played well.

And I have Emma at rank 5 and use her for offense a lot. I would still prefer Ghost for most scenarios.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    edited May 2019

Well you also gotta think about how unique ghosts playing style is, ghost is a lot harder to use then emma. And does depend on synergies in certain situations. Not everyone likes playing ghost, emma is a good alternative. This is to the comment above mine^
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    I got 5* Emma Frost in this compensation crystals. Seems she is badass. I will put her R3 to give her a chance B)