**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you read the ingame dialogue (story)

Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
I'm talking about the dialogue between the characters

Do you read the ingame dialogue (story) 140 votes

Yes
35%
Crine60frankensteinEtaki_LirakoiRotmgmoddyElijah1929Heisenberg07ImpulseBigMoHabuDrakon56BitterSteelEb0ny-O-M4wJohnPaulBusuTimone147stakErza_Scarletsfu_korax3ANT6siddoooodbrasco 49 votes
Sometimes
29%
MayhemEffectShadTheManNoobeeustlhMystic_ReaperRomo790killerrrr4DHCVoLtGunzoGbSarkarD15rulesSpiderGwenLeNoirFaineantGeneral__RossXMEN1994Willjackson16Shynight00GhostMuze117xtremegamerOKAYGang 41 votes
No
35%
PhillyEaglesSZukeGroundedWisdomMasterSmokeEFloFoShoNo_More_HeroesLester822RagamugginGunnerMcord11758Time_to_clobberJustice_Evo_8TsangodImdcapvd016TeriGaandMeKadduThebgj01PalanthraxMagicBentonRomanoffBrotherspumington 50 votes

Comments

• General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    Sometimes
    I did on the Guardians quests, that dialogue is funny as hell, just like the movies XD
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    No
    I'm pretty sure I've hit "skip" since I downloaded the game. But if I'm missing out on some funny banter, I might give it a read
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Don't read it. I just look at the pictures.

Dr. Zola
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Sometimes
    I try to read it but hitting skip has almost become a reflex so I have missed dialogues several times
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    No
    I could save about 30m if I could disable the dialogue when doing the legends run
    No
    I'm sure it's not helping a legend run, but I don't like it on a regular run
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    No
    There's a story?
    No
  • Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    Sometimes
    I read the dialog when I 1st started playing but then eventually stopped once I realized how big of a grind this game is. Now I just constantly tap the screen to hurry to the next fight.
    I did read the dialog during the deadpool event which I really enjoyed.... and now that I think about it I kind of wish I would have read the gwenpool dialog.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    No
    I don't. I keep meaning to read it, but I usually cut to the Quest. LOL. It's a shame. I feel bad that they put work into it, and I just click past it.
  • Yes
    I always read the dialogue
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Yes
    Same here, in a way, it gives the quest and experience more purpose. I don't want to see the quest as another random onslaught on enemies, I want to see my "purpose" in participating in the quest and defeating these enemies and bosses

• Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    No
    Nope
  • TeriGaandMeKadduTeriGaandMeKaddu Posts: 54
    No
    Never
  • scottiebear69scottiebear69 Posts: 5
    Yes
    I only read it on first pass thru. After that it's become second nature to hit skip.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    No
    too much time
  • Anywhere to find backlogs/compiled archive of dialogues, would love to go back and read the origin of venompool/deadpooloids.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    There's a story?
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Sometimes
    I read what i can...
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Yes
    they are so lame, idk why i read it
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    Can't believe so many people don't read it!

Okay, it's not Shakespeare, but actually it does make the game more interesting.

I particularly liked it in one of the Terrigenesis quests when there was a standard story on 4/5 of the trails, but a 'mutant resistance' story on the last; where you got a different side of the story.

From me to the game team: keep it up, and write more, to reward exploration of different paths.

On the other hand, it might not be a bad idea to introduce a 'Skip chapter dialogue' button for those chasing Legends runs; if that's what they'd like. That way you can please everyone!

As well as the in-quest dialogue, I especially liked the numerous cutscenes last month. We hadn't had good cutscenes for a while before then. Any chance the old quest cutscenes might get uploaded somewhere for newer players to read them?
  • No
    I've never read a single panel. Wish there was an option to turn it off permanently. I could care less about the "story." Just let me kick someone else's teeth in! Quit slowing me down!
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    Yep, when I'm doing easy or normal I tend to read the dialogues..