**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Beating Act 4

Hi guys, I'm quite new to the forums but no so much the game.
I started a few years ago and never got around to playing the Story Quests but recently I've tried completing them again.
Currently I'm stuck on Act 4, Chapter 2 and I'm finding the new nodes quite tough.
My current roster/best team consists of:
-5* Superior Iron Man
-4* Angela 4/40
-4* Yellow Jacket 4/40
-4* Dr Voodoo 4/40
-4* Colossus 3/30
So the question is, are there any ways to beat Act 4? Any hints or tips because I want to beat the whole act and get another 4-star champ from the rewards crystal.
Thanks in advance,

Phanominal.

Comments

• Options
    ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    Act 4 completion for your first run is pretty easy if you have rank 4 4* champs dude as long as you have parry down and you can bait specials just take your time the easy paths for each chapter will be the ones with one star crates on them your in a good position when I done act 4 the first run my top champ was 4star rank 3 ms marvel but my mvp was 3* maxed star lord good luck with getting it done dude
  • Options
    Act 4 completion for your first run is pretty easy if you have rank 4 4* champs dude as long as you have parry down and you can bait specials just take your time the easy paths for each chapter will be the ones with one star crates on them your in a good position when I done act 4 the first run my top champ was 4star rank 3 ms marvel but my mvp was 3* maxed star lord good luck with getting it done dude

I beat it with like 4/40 and 3/30 and I barely even parried
  • Options
    Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202
    edited September 2017

Yeah only place I had to spend a revive was a maestro
  • Options
    TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    Phanominal wrote: »
    I started a few years ago and never got around to playing the Story Quests but recently I've tried completing them again.
    Currently I'm stuck on Act 4, Chapter 2 and I'm finding the new nodes quite tough.
    -5* Superior Iron Man
    -4* Angela 4/40
    -4* Yellow Jacket 4/40
    -4* Dr Voodoo 4/40
    -4* Colossus 3/30
    So the question is, are there any ways to beat Act 4? Any hints or tips because I want to beat the whole act and get another 4-star champ from the rewards crystal.
    Thanks in advance,

Phanominal.
    Phanominal wrote: »
    -5* Superior Iron Man
    -4* Angela 4/40
    -4* Yellow Jacket 4/40
    -4* Dr Voodoo 4/40
    -4* Colossus 3/30
    Thanks in advance,

Phanominal.

What nodes are you struggling with? I know with the starburst chapter you need damage dealers that can end fights fast. It doesn't get any easier but patience and foresight are the keys. Take each fight very slow and only attack when you have clear openings.

Dr voodoo is your best champ for this chapter do whatever you can to use him and take advantage of his regen at the beginning of every fight.

• Options
    godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    im currently 88% complete ive gone once through map 4 of 4.4 this morning groot was easy than electra with the stupid mini stun with sw. i had to use a couple of revives i dont have willpower
    i did a big push on the 2 tile event. went from 55 to 78% completion. using hulk r5 sig lv 80 sw r5 sig lv99 cap ww2 4/40 wolverine 4/40 thor
    i have starlord drax ultron bw and iceman al 4/40 in the wings.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    if you beat that crazy jugger both lines, you're done
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    if you beat that crazy jugger both lines, you're done

The best champs against Juggernaut are Cpt. America (either) or someone who can stun lock him.
  • Options
    HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    I really struggled on that Stardust chapter, especially on the longer paths. Also, there is a chapter where SP1 is unblockable and was a pain (my reflexes are slow to very slow, so I got hit plenty). Got lucky with Magneto because he got heal block. Juggy was difficult, even with my Hulk chain stunning him. There is a path somewhere at 4.3. that you can only access with Spiderman on your team and that seems empty. Of course is full of ambushes, and that Golden Humanoid really is annoying: very fast moving and charges Heavy at speed of light.

Now, I really hate Maestro Arc Overload. Even with Guillotine SP2 I managed to die some times (I suck at evading his degeneration beam). Still at 27% on act 4.4. for me. Are there any tough fights I should know of?
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    As for maestro l1 it's easy to dodge, don't hold block down since the degen is enough to end a 4/40 champ in one shot. Also push him into his l2( you will take some block damage from this strategy, hold block when he gets a bar of power, he won't activate the special if you are blocking so he'll come at you but you'll be able to get a few shots after his final a5tack. Don't try it when he gets to half health his fury ability will tear you apart.) the maestro fight help you prepare for act 5 where intercepting is the best choice.
  • Options
    HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Beat Maestro twice, with and without Arc Overload. Also did 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 and depleted almost all my potions and revives. My team is not very strong (4* Wolverine duped r4, 4* Hulk duped r4, 4* SW duped r4, 4* Gweenpool unduped r4 and 5* Guillotine unduped r2), so each time I get hit (which happens a lot) is almost instant death. I am now hoarding potions and revives and units before proceeding.
  • Options
    ted126oted126o Posts: 18
    With your roster it should not be hard to do an initial run or even 100% maybe practice parrying and evading or rethink your masteries just saying practice more cause I'd be able to initial clear it with those very good champs
  • Options
    godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    the degen I definitely need to practice evading lol
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    More of a general tip than specific advice for any particular quest or fight, but it's helped my morale a ton as I work my way through Act 4 (I'm at 93%).

I usually do the easiest or shortest path first (as I'm sure most people do), but after that when I am going for 100% exploration I work my way backwards from the most difficult path to the easiest remaining ones. I just realized that, for me, knowing the next time through the quest is gonna be just a little easier and force me to use (usually) fewer items than the one I'm in currently makes it easier to get through the grind.
  • Options
    andysunandysun Posts: 1
    i have i pretty good team but haven't gotten around to doing act 4 yet
    4* blade 4/40
    4* medusa 4/40
    4*gwenpool 4/40
    4* iceman 4/40
    4* CA (IW) r3
    how do i finish act 4 the fastest cuz its taking forevs :/
  • Options
    BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★

(By the way, this is a long post)

Act four is interesting and had its own challenges. Try to enjoy it; but you'll need to plan your approach:

Look at your mastery set-up. You will definitely need at least one point in Willpower for this Act. You'll find value in Petrify, Pacify and Despair as well. A lot of the people saying Act 4 was easy did it before Willpower was nerfed; and actually it's quite a lot harder now.

This is because a lot of the rounds inflict constant debuffs on you. I used to go through fights in act 4 and come out with more health than I started, purely due to Willpower; but you can't do that now. What causes buffs to change? If anyone using specials causes buffs to change, save your specials for when you need to change the game - like when your opponent picks up a 10-second Unstoppable buff! Bear in mind that your buff changes at activation - you can have a Fury buff when you hit activate; and a weakness buff when it lands.

There is a lot of playing with nodes in act 4, so my best advice is: Read the nodes in advance; both individual and global, before you choose a path. See who is buffing whom. There are some absurdly strong characters you absolutely must avoid - a regenerating Magneto in 4.2 somewhere; and a Juggernaut in 4.3.3. There are also some characters sitting on global nodes like Starburst that you probably want to take out of the game.

Some targeted nodes actually make particular minibosses weaker; so you'll want to avoid those. Often the shortest path will leave bosses and minibosses very strong; but you can choose a longer path with more fights to make the final boss fights less over-whelming.

Part attention to the story dialogue as you go.

Avoid any paths that look suspiciously empty; especially if Spiderman or Dr Strange tells you to be careful. Kabam put a lot of ambushes into these paths.

As for your champs, you don't say if any are awakened; so I'll assume they aren't. You may well find you make different teams for every chapter, depending on the buffs and rebuffs in force.

You'll get good value out of DV - a lot of people have a lot of buffs to envenom; and he has a reliable regeneration each fight.

Colossus will also be valuable; as he's resilient and bleed-immune.

Angela is as hard as nails, and has some Regeneration so she's great.

SIM and YJ don't have any great abilities relevant to this quest; but use them if you want.

Re-evaluate the rest of your roster. Immune champs and Regeneration champs have real value in this Act - there are a lot of long paths; and there is a lot of poison and bleed. If you have either Vision, their immunities and power control will help you a lot; especially if they're awakened.

Do you have an OG Cap or Daredevil? Both have great synergies with SIM, and a good perfect block - even a 3* will last you for a while. Remember many people went through Act 4 with mostly three-star characters.

Who can you match with Colossus? If you have Beast, he's a great choice as he increases Colossus's special damage, inflicts bleed and is bleed-resistant as well. Red Cyclops or Juggernaut also have good synergies with him.

If you have a Rogue, she has a good ability to shrug off rebuffs, and a synergy with DV.

So, hopefully there was some useful advice here. Really do look ahead and choose your own path; and base your choice on which champs you can choose to take.

Good luck!

I had no Need for willpower, but maybe thats cuz i had iceman with his triple immunities xD