**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Continue to Explore the Battlerealm with Carina in Act 6 Chapter 2!

Comments

• RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    MCOC Team said:

Lifecycle:
    The Defender is immune to damage from debuffs and has a shield that prevents them from being knocked out. If the shield is not already disabled, knocking down the Defender disables it for 0.5 seconds. Each time the shield is disabled its downtime is increased by 0.5 seconds up to a maximum of 3.5 seconds. Every hit that would knock the Defender out while the shield is active heals 10% of their max health.

@Kabam Miike does this Buff protect the defender from Damage over time debuffs such as bleed or any buff and assocaited damage such as void or havok who's debuffs don't cause direct damage but do result in damage being done.
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    No 5 star awakening gem again 😐😐
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Instant of lol me pliz espline the node. I’m not the best to English but I’m migt not understand all of them @xNig can u tell me is all chmap like covus and ghost gone and no longer usbael ikow u don’t can tel much but my English ist the best.

Backblast in Quest 2 is definitely going to challenge you to choose Champions other than Corvus or Ghost, but that doesn't mean they are not useful for the rest of the Quests.
    So that incinerate damage will be passive? Because otherwise it will just make her even better lol
    It a debuff so can tour it of
    I have yet to see a degen effect that can be shrugged off or be countered by Gulk (except starburst) so I highly doubt Gulk or debuff shruggers like AV, CB, or Ghost will be able to counter.
    Setting aside the conflation of the two different nodes, Gladiator Hulk's Face Me is triggered by passive DoT, so it should be triggered by all passive degen effects. In particular, Act 6.1.1's No Retreat node applies that form of degen. As a passive effect, it cannot be shrugged off by champions that explicitly shrug off debuffs, as passive degen is not considered a debuff in that context.

Another specific place to see Gulk counter passive degen is dueling Dormammu: his degen is a passive degen effect and Face Me activates when that effect is applied.
    I should’ve been more specific I guess. I meant degen nodes. There’s quite a few out there including degeneration, starburst, flare, life transfer, and bane. The only one that Gulk interacts with is starburst and I haven’t seen AV, CB, Ghost shrug off the others.
    As I mentioned, No Retreat is a degen node that Face Me activates in the presence of (when it applies the degen). I'm not sure why nodes like Bane do not activate it; I suspect this is due to some technical ambiguities in how those effects were defined in the game prior to the devs trying to take a more consistent stance on how passive effects were defined. In general, I would assume that newer passive damage over time node effects added for new content would be more likely to trigger Face Me to reinforce that passive effect distinction.
    They said this ability would be a buff, not passive though to be honest.
    Which ability are you referring to?
    Both Icurus and Backblast, which seems to be the only 2 that is placed on you unless I am mistaken, unless you are talking about Do Not Go Gentle.
    I was only discussing @V1PER1987 's statement about Face Me and passive nodes in general, but I think there's a completely different point of confusion here. The nodes are referred to as Global Buffs, but that's because they are buffs on the defenders, i.e. the stuff we fight on the map. Those buffs give the AI defenders the abilities described, but the effects of those abilities are not (necessarily) buffs.

Because I'm not 100% certain about how the 6.2 nodes work since the content hasn't been released yet, I'll refer to 6.1 here just so I'm sure about what I'm saying. "No Retreat" is a Global Buff in Act 6.1.1. That buff applies a passive degen on the player when the player dashes backward twice in the timeout period. The node is a buff, but the node's effects on the player are not a buff - and not a debuff either - they are a passive effect. This distinction between what the Global Buff is, and what the Global buff does, is important to understanding how the effects will work. In other words, the fact that all the Global nodes are listed as "Buffs" is generally irrelevant to how they will affect the players.
    i dont know, all I know is they were asked if it was passive or a debuff and they said a debuff, and they differentiate the two. They do not call a passive a debuff.
    I'm afraid I no longer know what specifically your line of thought is. Yes, passives are not debuffs, I agree. I just have no idea how this relates to your earlier statement about calling them "buffs" which is different, or how this might relate to the post you replied to that was discussing Face Me, and which passive degen effects trigger it. This seems to be a completely unrelated thought.

Wow! So you guys are giving out Cavalier Crystals for Act 6 rewards? Crystals that are more than likely going to give you 3*s? Is this a joke? I mean... c’mon... 3-STARS, FROM ACT 6?? You guys serious? “Maybe”... if you were at least guaranteed a 4*, I would be on board. This is just a joke Lol.

I'm sure Kabam would be more than happy to replace your Cavalier crystals with 4* crystals, if that is what you prefer to get.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

MCOC Team said:

Lifecycle:
    The Defender is immune to damage from debuffs and has a shield that prevents them from being knocked out. If the shield is not already disabled, knocking down the Defender disables it for 0.5 seconds. Each time the shield is disabled its downtime is increased by 0.5 seconds up to a maximum of 3.5 seconds. Every hit that would knock the Defender out while the shield is active heals 10% of their max health.

@Kabam Miike does this Buff protect the defender from Damage over time debuffs such as bleed or any buff and assocaited damage such as void or havok who's debuffs don't cause direct damage but do result in damage being done.
    Void works. As long as it’s not a DOT.
    TwmR said:

5 global nodes for 6 quests? Does 1 of the quests not have a global?

The last one is not a global but a local node for certain reasons.
  • Col66Col66 Posts: 26
    Where are the awakening gems??
    I’m a tad disappointed with the rewards but if we were to compare it to Variant, Variant’s was class specific, whereas 6.2’s is generic.
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    edited May 2019
    Looks alright in my opinion.

1) Nodes are more confusing than chapter 1. Not really a problem for the average summoner but maybe those interested in the legends run would appreciate more clarity.
    2) Rewards are a little weak. Especially considering you guys have 'redistributed' them to improve what each chapter provides. This would've been a good opportunity to release another generic 5 star AG into the game. 5.1 had the 4 star version, only makes sense to include a 5 star one in 6.1 or 6.2.
    3) Given how strict the gates are becoming, maybe you guys could start looking into ways to make specific champions available in a rotating shop for higher prices. A lot of us are missing a few key bits of utility that we would be willing to get robbed to acquire.
    4) Good job adding gold. I'm not unreasonable and credit is given where it is due.

DNA3000 said:

Wow! So you guys are giving out Cavalier Crystals for Act 6 rewards? Crystals that are more than likely going to give you 3*s? Is this a joke? I mean... c’mon... 3-STARS, FROM ACT 6?? You guys serious? “Maybe”... if you were at least guaranteed a 4*, I would be on board. This is just a joke Lol.

I'm sure Kabam would be more than happy to replace your Cavalier crystals with 4* crystals, if that is what you prefer to get.
    Knowing my luck, that would probably be better. I’m sure a majority are just going to get a bunch of 3-stars from Act 6, & that is freakin stupid. I mean, it’s Act 6! 3-stars shouldn’t even be possible to get out of content that hard.
    I think the rewards should be evaluated as a whole, and not as individual pieces. Cavalier crystals have pretty good value, and even though some of the reward possibilities are lower than others, the same is true for every random crystal reward. I don't think it is a safe assumption to presume that all players working on Act 6 get zero value out of 3* rewards: certainly higher tier rewards are better, but that's not the same thing.

Also, lower tier champion rewards have a subtle progressional element to them. If you have a small 3* roster, there's a good chance a 3* drop will award you a new champion. If you have most of the 3* champions, there's a good chance a 3* drop will award 4* shards, and if you have most of the 3* champions at max sig there's a good chance you'll get max sig crystals as a bonus reward. So in effect, the actual benefit players get from 3*, 4*, and even 5* champion drops depends on the size and depth of their roster: players that have been collecting champions for longer or have collected more of them are more likely to get more value out of these kinds of crystals. In terms of a reward that is being awarded on top of other more level-appropriate rewards, I don't think that's stupid design at all.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

I’m a tad disappointed with the rewards but if we were to compare it to Variant, Variant’s was class specific, whereas 6.2’s is generic.

To be honest, I don't know why people are comparing the two. Story is separate from Variant, which is an entirely different piece of content. Story follows its own Rewards progression, and is a part of a separate Completion/Exploration arc. Difficulty may be a fair comparison, but there's no reason why the Rewards should reflect each other. They're not connected at all.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    MavRCK_ said:

Rewards are terrible.

RNG Cavalier crystals? Seriously? What a slap in the face.

It wouldn't be a true forum complaint thread without the old slap in the face lol. Probably a money grab too? Seriously though, this sort of reward doesn't bother me depending on what else is being offered. I agree with people saying 30 sig stone crystals is underwhelming and the 3-4 rank up ought to be 4-5. But the rewards are decent. I won't feel like my face is being slapped when I collect them, even when I get my 3*s.
  • StaveStave Posts: 4
    I like the rewards. New buffs sound fun. Something to look forward to.
  • TawliTawli Posts: 67
    I like it, looking forward to fun and interactive questing. Great work!
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

I mean I usually critizise Kabam a lot, but I can´t really understand some people here.

As for the nodes: They look interesting and all of them have several champions/mechanics that can work around them. That´s exactly what I expect from hard content, not something like "Inflicts a Passive Degenration Debuff that drains 100% of the attackers maximum health over 30 seconds". However I also see how aggressively Kabam is punishing Corvus players in the recent months.

The rewards are a huge step up compared to 6.1. As for completion: Twice as many 6* and 5* shards, a 3-4 gem instead of 2-3, 50% of a T5 Basic instead of 20%, 250k more Gold and a T2A instead of a T4B & T4CC.

Now we have the exploration rewards. They feature the T5CC Fragment crystal (Which to be honest is the only reward I do not like at all as that means if you explored 6.1&6.2 you only have a 2.7% chance of having half of a T5CC in your inventory), once again a T5B (which by itself is a massive reward), 50% more 6* shards, 7000 more 5* shards, 4 T2A (which means you kind of get a generic 3-4 Gem or 66% of what´s needed to take another 5* to Rank 5), and 250k more gold. The only things we´re missing here again are 3 T4B and 3 T4CC crystals, which can easily be accessed through AQ every week for players who take on 6.2.

However I understand that some people are upset about the Cavalier Crystals. Completion gives you three and exploration another five on top of that, leaving us with 8 Cavalier Crystals. Speaking of the drop rates alone, we would be getting 4 3* champions (which are useless), 3 4* champions (which are still useful for everything other than Act 6) and 1 5* champion. I personally would have preferred a legendary crystal for completion (80% chance at a 4*, 20% chance at a 5*) and for exploration one crystal that has a 80% chance at a 5* and 20% chance at a 6* champion.

Now let´s speak about the difficulty (as for now I can only use the PI as a measurement). The final quest of Act 6.1 used champions with a PI of 28k-37k and a 72k Boss Sentinel. Which means that in theory Quest 1-3 are going to be easier than 6.1.6, and even the fights in 6.2.6 don´t feature champions with a PI as high as I expected. True: A 100.000 PI Boss is going to be a challenge, but that´s only around 40% more than Sentinel had.

I must say that I´m really looking forward to this. As for now I´m only gonna focus on the initial completion, but even that is definitely worth doing. Right now I have 4000 units (Probably around 5000 by the time 6.2 is dropping) and a ton of ressources saved up, so I am sure that this is managable for me.

A 100k Spider-Man isn’t gonna be fun lol but I can agree the rest doesn’t seem to bad
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    Kabam is trying to extend life of the game with this rewards. Nobody’s see it?
    Act 6 will end with the option to r3 a 6*
    So i have a simple question, if this is the last act, how we will r5 a 6*?
    AndiYTDE said:

Kobster84 said:

AndiYTDE said:

I mean I usually critizise Kabam a lot, but I can´t really understand some people here.

As for the nodes: They look interesting and all of them have several champions/mechanics that can work around them. That´s exactly what I expect from hard content, not something like "Inflicts a Passive Degenration Debuff that drains 100% of the attackers maximum health over 30 seconds". However I also see how aggressively Kabam is punishing Corvus players in the recent months.

The rewards are a huge step up compared to 6.1. As for completion: Twice as many 6* and 5* shards, a 3-4 gem instead of 2-3, 50% of a T5 Basic instead of 20%, 250k more Gold and a T2A instead of a T4B & T4CC.

Now we have the exploration rewards. They feature the T5CC Fragment crystal (Which to be honest is the only reward I do not like at all as that means if you explored 6.1&6.2 you only have a 2.7% chance of having half of a T5CC in your inventory), once again a T5B (which by itself is a massive reward), 50% more 6* shards, 7000 more 5* shards, 4 T2A (which means you kind of get a generic 3-4 Gem or 66% of what´s needed to take another 5* to Rank 5), and 250k more gold. The only things we´re missing here again are 3 T4B and 3 T4CC crystals, which can easily be accessed through AQ every week for players who take on 6.2.

However I understand that some people are upset about the Cavalier Crystals. Completion gives you three and exploration another five on top of that, leaving us with 8 Cavalier Crystals. Speaking of the drop rates alone, we would be getting 4 3* champions (which are useless), 3 4* champions (which are still useful for everything other than Act 6) and 1 5* champion. I personally would have preferred a legendary crystal for completion (80% chance at a 4*, 20% chance at a 5*) and for exploration one crystal that has a 80% chance at a 5* and 20% chance at a 6* champion.

Now let´s speak about the difficulty (as for now I can only use the PI as a measurement). The final quest of Act 6.1 used champions with a PI of 28k-37k and a 72k Boss Sentinel. Which means that in theory Quest 1-3 are going to be easier than 6.1.6, and even the fights in 6.2.6 don´t feature champions with a PI as high as I expected. True: A 100.000 PI Boss is going to be a challenge, but that´s only around 40% more than Sentinel had.

I must say that I´m really looking forward to this. As for now I´m only gonna focus on the initial completion, but even that is definitely worth doing. Right now I have 4000 units (Probably around 5000 by the time 6.2 is dropping) and a ton of ressources saved up, so I am sure that this is managable for me.

A 100k Spider-Man isn’t gonna be fun lol but I can agree the rest doesn’t seem to bad
    Agreed, but depending on the nodes there are going to be some champions you can use: Basically everything with generic AAR (Archangel, Voodoo, Crossbones, Domino, Kingpin...), Venom, Iron Man Infinity War (espcially with the Sparky Synergy) or champions that lower his chance of evading via certain debuffs (Void, Sparky...). In addition to that, Quake should be an option.
    That’s.. IF.. the final boss is a Spider-Man. Lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Tensio said:

Kabam is trying to extend life of the game with this rewards. Nobody’s see it?
    Act 6 will end with the option to r3 a 6*
    So i have a simple question, if this is the last act, how we will r5 a 6*?

Somewhat yes and no. Lol. While I do believe they're pacing the release of R3s with Act 6, I don't believe it has as much to do with extending the game as it does preparing the Meta. The whole game will shift with that release. The game is planned for at least the next 5 or 6 years tentatively, if statements still hold true.
    Act 6 is the end of the first Saga. There is more to come.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Regarding Backblast, I cleared it with Ghost. Not an issue, but requires a change in playstyle. Just saying. 😊

Thx yeah can’t always use a sp2 because the hits wil end op to be rigth at the debuff one u but that how I’m read it wil find out. In 2 weeks time
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

Kobster84 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Agreed, but depending on the nodes there are going to be some champions you can use: Basically everything with generic AAR (Archangel, Voodoo, Crossbones, Domino, Kingpin...), Venom, Iron Man Infinity War (espcially with the Sparky Synergy) or champions that lower his chance of evading via certain debuffs (Void, Sparky...). In addition to that, Quake should be an option.
    That’s.. IF.. the final boss is a Spider-Man. Lol
    It’s been leaked maybe it was wrong hopefully
    Yeah I know. Saw that pic. Had a good chuckle.