**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars

Can you guys fix the issue with alliances running a duel alliance set up in Wars? It's throwing off the competitive balance of wars. Basically alliances are using 2 alliances to game the system by getting into a high tier and jumping to their second alliance to maintain the rewards. I recommend you guys lower the rewards for new members joining a war to half of the normal tier to make it not worth it for alliances. I know some folks believe if you lock out new members from alliances playing straight up it'll cause an issue for those alliances recruiting, but 50% is better than nothing for them and it prevents alliances from running into over matched foes despite having a "war advantage" that doesn't really exist.

Comments

• Allstar105Allstar105 Posts: 19
    I can start posting pictures of the empty boards in tier 1-2 to prove this is an issue. There are a ton of people complaining on Line about this...
    qa4sw2s3koq2.png
    zac4f93pdu9u.png
    fszjstx0gthz.png
    This next image is from a tier 1 3 bg team that was sent to me. etpf7z5cx15x.jpg
    I'll keep posting more images until someone acknowledges this issue. It is abusing the war system and people are getting super frustrated with this issue.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    My issue is no one in the other alliance putting anythng at all
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    If u don't have enough members to do 3 bgs do 2 bgs...*sigh*
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Yeah it's not fair to other alliances playing by the rules
    It's got nothing to do with having enough members to do 3 BGs, it has to do with top rated alliances sticking it to Kabam by exploiting the rewards.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    It's like anything else in the world always a bunch of losers sets that have to take shortcuts, cheat, or take advantage of the system , instead of putting in some pride and earning what you have
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I would love to see a map like that in tier 1. I've been in tier for top 150 for a couple months and haven't had one matchup like that
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    Yeah it's not fair to other alliances playing by the rules

technically there is no rule on this. are they gaming the the system to better themselves? sure, but its not against the rules.

to the OP, enjoy the easy wins.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    I think that what happens is that "top players" (or at least strong ones) start new alliances when they get in difficult tiers. That way they keep winning wars.
    They are complaining about a lack of t2a, so stopped caring about AQ and would rather get the 5* shards to get featured heroes faster.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    People have been complaining about war since it first began. The main difference between then and now is that AQ has less relative value than it used to for high end players. Most aren't class cat hunting anymore, they are 5* hunting.

I don't really understand how this causes such anxiety. If you come up against a chainsaw, you don't use items, take the loss, and win the next (if you're good enough). This is no different than before, there have always been allies better than others at each tier. I don't think blackouts are the answer as it won't deter these alliances. Nobody likes to lose, but everyone (except MMX) does it.
    It's got nothing to do with losing, to be honest. It's got everything to do with not ever knowing what alliances doing it the normal way, will run into. Sometimes it's too late for alliances to realize what's going on in the war as well. This really shouldn't be a practice that's defended as a lot of people are ticked off about it.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    We've got an empty board in tier one this war. I'll take the easy shards, but somewhere a 4 million alliance is getting destroyed by the main group that jumped lol. If prestige was used in matchmaking instead of AW rating it would stop.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Isn't there a rule about calling people or alliances out on the forum?
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    The fix for this is quite simple in my mind...increase the crystal shard rewards you get from defeat. The only real reason why people game the system is because the rewards for a tough defeat (I have seen losses that were less than 100 points) are not enough. If you invest units and resources into a war and continuously come up short even though you explore over 80% of a map then the rewards should be more.
  • hobohobo Posts: 86
    agreed
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Allstar105 wrote: »
    It's got nothing to do with losing, to be honest. It's got everything to do with not ever knowing what alliances doing it the normal way, will run into. Sometimes it's too late for alliances to realize what's going on in the war as well. This really shouldn't be a practice that's defended as a lot of people are ticked off about it.

I'll defend where I see fit, thank you very much :)

People are ALWAYS ticked off about something. This is flavor of the week and even if it gets changed, those allies will find a way to make it work to their advantage too. You can't close all loopholes and this one is fairly innocuous as there's no real victim in my mind. The best strategy is always to see what your opponent is like before investing in a war. Do this and adjust accordingly each match.
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    I made a similar thread. Something should be done to cease this from happening.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Won't matter, no matter what Kabam comes up with people will find a way to game the system. What is being now is merely an afront to the idea of AW but isn't violating anything.
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    Sure, there will always be a new tactic to take advantage of when it comes to areas of the game. Doesn't mean Kabam should just turn a blind eye to it.
  • THX_135THX_135 Posts: 5
    It seems like many who are complaining about higher end alliances moving into lower alliances don't know or understand the tradeoff in rewards. Let me explain.

A tier 1 high level alliance has maxed and expiring t4c. They now need more 5* to rank. But to win wars constantly in tier 1 requires constantly spending. So switching to a lower alliance is a strategy to help limit spending on wars all the time.

Now here is the tradeoff. Once you move to a lower alliance ALL your rewards are reduced. You loose out of SA, Glory and AQ milestones and ranked rewards. You basically give up all those tier 1 rewards for 3-4 weeks as your new lower alliance works its way back up the tiers.

That means you only get a few hundred glory. Think about all you can buy with glory when you get ~3k a week in tier 1 (T4B, T1A, T4c shards) They also give up T4CC ranks which essentially opens up a spot to a lower alliance to get T4CC from AQ for about 3-4 weeks.

You loose out on 5* shards from SA because you are in a lower bracket with **** rewards for SA. In AQ you are in a lower tier so you play 5x3 and work your way back up to tier 1 in 3-4 weeks where you can start ranking for T4c again.

This strategy of swapping down to a lower alliance makes the most sense for the top alliances, but the alliances in the middle to middle-top are also starting to do this. Which is actually a bad strategy for these middle alliances as it is slowing their progression in the long run.

If Kabam awarded more 5* shards and T2A in tier 1 AW rewards then top alliances would stop swapping.

If you are a lower alliance after you get a matchup in war and attack begins take a look at the opposing alliance roster and ranking. If it looks like they are swapping ask them. Most will tell you they are swapping. Then you can take the loss and use it as practice and not waste items.
  • Mirk_varMirk_var Posts: 85
    edited August 2017
    THX_135 wrote: »
    It seems like many who are complaining about higher end alliances moving into lower alliances don't know or understand the tradeoff in rewards. Let me explain.

A tier 1 high level alliance has maxed and expiring t4c. They now need more 5* to rank. But to win wars constantly in tier 1 requires constantly spending. So switching to a lower alliance is a strategy to help limit spending on wars all the time.

Now here is the tradeoff. Once you move to a lower alliance ALL your rewards are reduced. You loose out of SA, Glory and AQ milestones and ranked rewards. You basically give up all those tier 1 rewards for 3-4 weeks as your new lower alliance works its way back up the tiers.

That means you only get a few hundred glory. Think about all you can buy with glory when you get ~3k a week in tier 1 (T4B, T1A, T4c shards) They also give up T4CC ranks which essentially opens up a spot to a lower alliance to get T4CC from AQ for about 3-4 weeks.

You loose out on 5* shards from SA because you are in a lower bracket with **** rewards for SA. In AQ you are in a lower tier so you play 5x3 and work your way back up to tier 1 in 3-4 weeks where you can start ranking for T4c again.

This strategy of swapping down to a lower alliance makes the most sense for the top alliances, but the alliances in the middle to middle-top are also starting to do this. Which is actually a bad strategy for these middle alliances as it is slowing their progression in the long run.

If Kabam awarded more 5* shards and T2A in tier 1 AW rewards then top alliances would stop swapping.

If you are a lower alliance after you get a matchup in war and attack begins take a look at the opposing alliance roster and ranking. If it looks like they are swapping ask them. Most will tell you they are swapping. Then you can take the loss and use it as practice and not waste items.

The first sensefull comment... it's a tattic a choise... giving up something in order to earn something else worthy at this point of the game. I can understand the compaints of lower alliances. But there is nothing against the rules or any kind of violation. So maybe instead of opening up posts like this just crying like little babies, start with constructive threads suggesting new possibilities to put in the game. Unfortunately actually there is a standstill in the game, without completing 100% lol and with ridicolous t2alpha shards (excepts offers in the store like yesterday's one 9k alpha 1/4... come on Guys). Kabam changed direction to the 5* but the rewards haven't changed properly yet... that's the true ( not just 1k more shards in a stupid monthly quests.. but I mean 3 days events, and so on)

I literally mentioned that it's an issue with not having t2a available. Don't need to spell out a solution to that, that's up to them to realize they need to make them easier to obtain for top alliances.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    I literally mentioned that it's an issue with not having t2a available. Don't need to spell out a solution to that, that's up to them to realize they need to make them easier to obtain for top alliances.

You're the guy in LINE chat complaining about cheating right? You seem to be angry a lot. You may want to consult a physician, get your blood pressure checked, make sure your BMI is on point. That would be a better use of your time.

This isn't against TOS....its not cheating. Go hang out at 2700 aw rating for awhile and see why it costs to win crappy rewards. You get a bye in a mismatch and it happens once every 10 AW or so?
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★

It has everything to do with winning and losing. If you are facing a team with guys that had 3 to 4 r4s in their profile and you want to rush in that was your ego talking because I can tell by your tier and your post that ain't your alliance. All you have to do is communicate and wait and see. It doesn't take skill just good communication. You spend to much time complaining on LINE and here and too little seeing who your match up is.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I understand why alliances jump to get lower AW ratings. Kind of ruins war though. One more garbage quest in terms of difficulty for the jumper and a lost cause for the opponent. I wish there could be a much lower item usage cap or a points penalty for item use. That would allow skill to play. But that will never happen because Kabam will never encourage less item use.