**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Auto-block should not cause parry. Its BS.

I just fought Medusa in AW. Normally a very easy fight depending on the node. Her autoblock cause parry and that seems unfair to me. You can normally choose the style on how you fight opponents based of what they can do but how can you avoid Autoblock. You can't, it's random so why should it cause parry as well. Just my thoughts, any opinions on this?

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Just use heavy vs Ironman iw not that hard

not to mention generally there is only a brief time he can auto block. It is rare for him to get 4 armors during normal hits they fall off fast enough.
  • Options
    ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    You just want a game where you don't have to think. Some of us like the challenges that Evade and AutoBlock champs bring, as without them AW would be boring af for the most part. Perhaps go look for a game where you don't have to think, or play at a lower level where you won't have to worry about such interactions as often.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Auto block should absolutely cause parry. Parry is triggered by a well timed block. Auto block blocks at the exact moment the opponent is hit. Stopping your attack. Hence a well timed block.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    Don't forget stun immune EF in her diamond form also good counter to Medusa. My personal fave is Domino though. Good damage and just play pretty normally.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,647 Guardian
    edited May 2019
    Does AutoBlock itself allow Parry to happen ? I don't think I’ve ever been partied by fighting a Modok in Arena or AW when he does his AutoBlock. Or is it just another feature of Medussa when she AutoBlocks 2nd hit when she has 3 furries (sort of like a reverse stun than other heroes have) ?
  • Options

Does AutoBlock itself allow Parry to happen ? I don't think I’ve ever been partied by fighting a Modok in Arena or AW when he does his AutoBlock. Or is it just another feature of Medussa when she AutoBlocks 2nd hit when she has 3 furries (sort of like a reverse stun than other heroes have) ?

Modoks force field cannot parry:

Force Field Passive

Start the fight with 1 Force Field charge, each Auto-Blocking an attack with +174 Block Proficiency. Force Fields cannot trigger Parry.
  • Options
    Setrákus_RaSetrákus_Ra Posts: 20
    All champs that have autoblock can parry you. And it's not a well time block it's just an autoblock it says. A perfect block should parry. It shouldnt automatically occur is my issue. I understand there is a way around every champ but to me its unnecessary. And for the guys above saying I should play lower tier content or it makes AW way more fun or hard because the autoblock parrys you is ridiculous.
  • Options

All champs that have autoblock can parry you. And it's not a well time block it's just an autoblock it says. A perfect block should parry. It shouldnt automatically occur is my issue. I understand there is a way around every champ but to me its unnecessary. And for the guys above saying I should play lower tier content or it makes AW way more fun or hard because the autoblock parrys you is ridiculous.

Incorrect. Modok has autoblock and CANNOT parry you. Dealing with medusa and IMIW is cake.
  • Options
    Dogor2393Dogor2393 Posts: 70
    Usually solo her with hyperion, she is very easy to fight
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,647 Guardian
    Avoid double hitting Medussa with 3 furries. Same way as you should always be watching BPCW buff icon area, and when cyan Armor buff is up you just avoid parrying him, and you will never get return-stunned when fighting BPCW so long as you’re watching his buffs.

Against Medussa, only thing is you might already trigger your 2nd hit right at the moment she gains that 3rd Fury. Just something to beware of if she's been at 2 stack for a while already.
  • Options

Avoid double hitting Medussa with 3 furries. Same way as you should always be watching BPCW buff icon area, and when cyan Armor buff is up you just avoid parrying him, and you will never get return-stunned when fighting BPCW so long as you’re watching his buffs.

Against Medussa, only thing is you might already trigger your 2nd hit right at the moment she gains that 3rd Fury. Just something to beware of if she's been at 2 stack for a while already.

I am not sure if she gets her third fury while in the middle of a combo you can be autoblocked in that cycle since it is technically past the first hit trigger. I have never had it happen to me and I all out attack through the 3rd fury if it comes out while attacking.
  • Options
    Setrákus_RaSetrákus_Ra Posts: 20
    Thank you Lormif, my mistake.
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
  • Options
    Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Bear3 said:

Yes it should have the possibility of causing parry, it makes defenders more useful, and there’s plenty of things you can do. Medusa for example. Here’s a list of things you can do to avoid autoblock.

1. USE A TRUE STRIKE CHAMP
    (Corvus with proxima, proxima herself, kilmonger, heimdall, cull obsidian, Karnak, cable, are a few)

2. Evade until her furies expire
    3. Use a champ that nullifies buffs like (DS, SW, Magik, Voodoo, Sym Supreme, Loki)
    4. Don’t hit her more than once in a row
    5. Use heavies (they don’t trigger autoblock)
    6. Don’t hit her at all by using champs like quake and nebula

Everything has a counter, just need to find it or them and use it or them.✌🏻

Or, push her into the corner by hitting her regular Block during Living Strands
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★

I just fought Medusa in AW. Normally a very easy fight depending on the node. Her autoblock cause parry and that seems unfair to me. You can normally choose the style on how you fight opponents based of what they can do but how can you avoid Autoblock. You can't, it's random so why should it cause parry as well. Just my thoughts, any opinions on this?

ONE. LAST. TIME.

Autoblock doesn't cause parry in AW. The summoner WHO HAS THE PARRY MASTERY ACTIVE causes the chance for a parry during THEIR DEFENDERS autoblock to occur, if it is a "well-timed block." This is also why you will often be parried during arenas.

The End.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

ONE. LAST. TIME.

Autoblock doesn't cause parry in AW. The summoner WHO HAS THE PARRY MASTERY ACTIVE causes the chance for a parry during THEIR DEFENDERS autoblock to occur, if it is a "well-timed block." This is also why you will often be parried during arenas.

The End.
    So, autoblock DOES cause parry? Cause that's literally what you just said...
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

ONE. LAST. TIME.

The End.
    Autoblock only triggers parry if the opponent has parry mastery active AND the ability says that the autoblock will trigger parry. Medusa living strands say that autoblock will trigger parry BUT the opponent must have the parry mastery active for it to work. On the other hand, Modok autoblock says that it DOES NOT trigger parry, so even if the opponent has parry mastery active modok autoblock will NOT parry you.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    To the OP, i fight medusa in AW too, her auto-parry is annoying i agree, but nowhere game breaking. Just bring in a true strike champ, or if you don't have one, just hit into medusa's regular block while she has living strands active, medusa wont trigger autoblock while you are hitting into her regular block, so just hit into her block until her furies expire then you can attack as per normal.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Git gud
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Autoblock without parry isn't really an issue. Medusa is stupid easy in EQ or Kang/Thanos arena. If they removed the parry it would be an enormous nerf. I don't have her so this is not coming from personal interest. This would be a terrible decision.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★

Don't forget stun immune EF in her diamond form also good counter to Medusa. My personal fave is Domino though. Good damage and just play pretty normally.

I'm sure Emma can work if you're totally controlling the match; but to the OP: if you're currently having trouble with Medusa, as she has Armour Break on every medium attack, I'm going to recommend against taking Emma Frost, as Medusa only has to hit you once to turn off your Diamond form.

@Bear3 has given you all the other advice you should need.