Options

Kabam, when are you going to act against the practice of piloting missions and events?

AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
edited June 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
I bring this discussion here to the forum, because I see players / YouTubers that openly expose it. In practice, would not that be piloting? Worse yet, they make money using a private software and infringing copyrighted. Worst ++, just imagine; I do not have time to play, then I paid somebody else to close the mission events monthly, that's not fair with the players base. As with AQ and AW, Kabam should look at this as well, as it is a similar, or even worse, practice of cheating. Picking up these guys I also do not think is difficult, just see what devices it logs often, a normal player does not keep switching devices so often in the same account.

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Not sure what you mean by private software and infringing copyright, but hiring mercs to complete content is absolutely against the rules.
  • Options
    AndTavAndTav Posts: 261

Not sure what you mean by private software and infringing copyright, but hiring mercs to complete content is absolutely against the rules.

Simple my friend, it would be like using something that does not belong to you to win something (in this case, money).
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    This topic is not high on Kabam’s list of priorities, if it was it would’ve been addressed by now. Account sharing for solo player content like Variant and legends rewards is common. Maybe things will change one day, then Act 6’s and other content’s Hall of Legends wouldn’t have the same person using different accounts for 3-8 of the top 10 times.
  • Options
    HioHio Posts: 16
    Actually I share a phone with my brother (he has it most of the time), so I am constantly signing in on my dad's phone to at least collect the daily rewards and at most play until my energy is gone and all my 3/4 champions are used up in arenas
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian
    AndTav said:

Simple my friend, it would be like using something that does not belong to you to win something (in this case, money).
    I think what he meant to ask is can you provide examples of Youtubers doing what you are describing as "using private software and infringing copyright." Because I can't think of any specific instances of this I would describe as such among the Youtubers that are a part of the mainstream player community. Perhaps you stumbled upon some fringe Youtube channel that sells or advertises cheats, cracks, or other mods, but I can assure you Kabam most definitely doesn't approve of those. They can't stop people from talking about them, but they definitely will ban you if they catch you using them.
    AndTav said:

Picking up these guys I also do not think is difficult, just see what devices it logs often, a normal player does not keep switching devices so often in the same account.

It isn't quite that simple. I have three devices, and I generally use two of them to play the game: my phone and my iPad Pro (I have an older iPad as well that I rarely but occasionally use). If I was someone that only played on one device like my phone and I hired a merc to pilot my game, I would also appear to play on two devices: my own and the merc. It takes more sophisticated methods to find piloting than that.

You could try looking for mercs by looking for devices that run a lot of different accounts, but I suspect the mercs have caught on to that one: there are ways to eliminate this method of detection which I won't discuss, but are 100% foolproof (against this one specific method of detection) when used properly.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Meh mercs have been around since the beginning and for every one that hires a merc to do content for him there is another posting for help my account has been hacked. If people want to use mercs for content that's their choice. It's also their problem when said merc sells all their champs. Aside from that content mercs aren't screwing up the events like aw and arena which is where the team needs to focus their attention since that has a bigger impact on the community than the story mode
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Dshu said:

Meh mercs have been around since the beginning and for every one that hires a merc to do content for him there is another posting for help my account has been hacked. If people want to use mercs for content that's their choice. It's also their problem when said merc sells all their champs. Aside from that content mercs aren't screwing up the events like aw and arena which is where the team needs to focus their attention since that has a bigger impact on the community than the story mode

Any degree of cheating should.be a perm ban events aq,aw, arena makes zero difference
    Agreed but I'd rather they focus in this order of importance for the time they invest
    1 arena bots
    2 aw piloting (I personally hate aw but I hate cheaters more)
    3 aq piloting
    4 story piloting starting with lol and variants then working down to story mode

I rate story mercs about has high has jaywalking compared to arena bots being the equivalent of drug dealing. One has low rewards and lower impact the other end of the spectrum is higher rewards and impact on the community
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Dshu said:

Drooped2 said:

Dshu said:

Any degree of cheating should.be a perm ban events aq,aw, arena makes zero difference
    Agreed but I'd rather they focus in this order of importance for the time they invest
    1 arena bots
    2 aw piloting (I personally hate aw but I hate cheaters more)
    3 aq piloting
    4 story piloting starting with lol and variants then working down to story mode

I rate story mercs about has high has jaywalking compared to arena bots being the equivalent of drug dealing. One has low rewards and lower impact the other end of the spectrum is higher rewards and impact on the community
    Theres zero reason to watch one heavier then the rest it's the same detection systems.

Detection systems may be the same I wouldn't know. I'm neither a computer programmer or kabam employee so I can't speak towards that end. Kabam has stated that every ban is thoroughly investigated and the duration of the ban is based off that investigation. That being the case I'd rather have them focus their time appropriately and remove those affecting community content first before spending time on investigations for solo content. Again I don't disagree with punishing all cheating but I'm basing my comments off the idea that they have a department doing this with limited manpower or budget.
  • Options
    Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Really don’t think that this is that big of a deal. Only people they are cheating by doing this is themselves, what fun is a game if you are just relying on someone else to do everything for you without learning how to do it yourself? Sort of pointless if you ask me.
    Piloting in AQ and AW is a problem because you are cheating others out of something
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Both valid points I guess, can’t see this being high on the priority list though. Permenant content is permanent content, every account if played long enough will beat it eventually and its available to every account, not really getting a leg over anyone else and you still have to contend with rng. Season rewards are different to me. Legends run’s are valid I guess, especially the 6.2 one.
    Think the dev’s already have enough on their plate, this wouldn’t even register part from legends run’s and that could be better monitored as the people attempting it would be a small sample size
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Really don’t think that this is that big of a deal. Only people they are cheating by doing this is themselves, what fun is a game if you are just relying on someone else to do everything for you without learning how to do it yourself? Sort of pointless if you ask me.
    Piloting in AQ and AW is a problem because you are cheating others out of something

Content equal rewards rewards equal war defense.or attack or prestige

All.cheating is the same

And no, not all cheating is the same, that’s like saying all crime is the same. No interest in getting into a debate though lol
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

And no, not all cheating is the same, that’s like saying all crime is the same. No interest in getting into a debate though lol
    I disagree all cheating is done to get an advantage you didnt earn and all should be a perm ban on first offense.

That's not saying all crime is the same at all
    Yeah let’s ban the 11 yr old kid who got his brother to complete act 4 for him so he could pull his next 4* 🙄 you been at the top too long dude. Story content is story content, the rewards are available to everybody, if someone wants to cheat themselves out of the gratification of personal achievement by taking the easy option then so be it. Can’t see it being addressed anytime soon
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,265 ★★★★★
    I'm actually with Drooped on this one. Cheating is cheating. Regardless of whether you're doing it in competitive game modes or not. To me, there is no lesser of evils. However, where we differ is our thoughts on punishment. He is more liberal with the Ban Hammer, where I believe you need to take things into account like effect, circumstances, repeat behavior, etc. Fortunately, we don't have to worry about that since it's up to their discretion. I do agree that cheating is cheating and it's equally as wrong. I just wouldn't necessarily go through clicking Delete. Lol.
  • Options

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

I disagree all cheating is done to get an advantage you didnt earn and all should be a perm ban on first offense.

Yeah let’s ban the 11 yr old kid who got his brother to complete act 4 for him so he could pull his next 4* 🙄 you been at the top too long dude. Story content is story content, the rewards are available to everybody, if someone wants to cheat themselves out of the gratification of personal achievement by taking the easy option then so be it. Can’t see it being addressed anytime soon
    The problem with that mentality is that rules cease to be rules when you make light of when it's acceptable to break them or not. Cheating cheats everyone out of a fair game where everyone else earns their own Rewards and progresses to the best of their own abilities.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    There are two ways to pilot.
    1) Giving your account details to other person and ask him to complete on his phone. This one may get you ban.

2) Giving your phone to someone and asking him to do it for you. In this case you won't get ban.
  • Options

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

The problem with that mentality is that rules cease to be rules when you make light of when it's acceptable to break them or not. Cheating cheats everyone out of a fair game where everyone else earns their own Rewards and progresses to the best of their own abilities.
    Yeah where we disagree is I don’t think getting someone else to clear permanent content for you is cheating anyone bar yourself. In most cases if you don’t have the drive to clear this stuff by earning your way there you’re not going to be around playing that along anyway. Certainly not long term and certainly not long enough to impact on anyone else’s experiance. Only place I see this as a problem is legends runs. Hesitant to keep replying as I know how much you love a debate
  • Options

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

Yeah where we disagree is I don’t think getting someone else to clear permanent content for you is cheating anyone bar yourself. In most cases if you don’t have the drive to clear this stuff by earning your way there you’re not going to be around playing that along anyway. Certainly not long term and certainly not long enough to impact on anyone else’s experiance. Only place I see this as a problem is legends runs. Hesitant to keep replying as I know how much you live a conversation
    It's cheating more than yourself. It's cheating the game that explicitly says only you are to use your Account. It's cheating the rest of us who have cleared it ourselves and respected the rules. It's cheating a system that is based on growth through honest progress to the best of our abilities.
  • Options
    There is no lesser, more acceptable way to cheat. Spade is a spade. Cheating is cheating.
  • Options
    Ghosty64Ghosty64 Posts: 171

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

Not really
    If their just sharing acc what’s the big deal
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I'm actually with Drooped on this one. Cheating is cheating. Regardless of whether you're doing it in competitive game modes or not. To me, there is no lesser of evils. However, where we differ is our thoughts on punishment. He is more liberal with the Ban Hammer, where I believe you need to take things into account like effect, circumstances, repeat behavior, etc. Fortunately, we don't have to worry about that since it's up to their discretion. I do agree that cheating is cheating and it's equally as wrong. I just wouldn't necessarily go through clicking Delete. Lol.

So me squashing an ant is the same as me going on a rampage with an AK?
    2 8 yr old sharing an iPad therefore they share an acc is the same as someone jailbreakibg their iPad and getting unlimited gold and units
    You don’t see one of those as being a lesser wrong
    Dam
    That’s kinda messed up
  • Options
    Ghosty64 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

Not really
    If their just sharing acc what’s the big deal
    The big deal is a) it's against the rules, b) the game is meant to be played by one person per Account, not several, c) the owner of the Account doesn't deserve Rewards they didn't earn, and d) the rules are there for a reason.
  • Options

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

Yeah where we disagree is I don’t think getting someone else to clear permanent content for you is cheating anyone bar yourself. In most cases if you don’t have the drive to clear this stuff by earning your way there you’re not going to be around playing that along anyway. Certainly not long term and certainly not long enough to impact on anyone else’s experiance. Only place I see this as a problem is legends runs. Hesitant to keep replying as I know how much you live a conversation
    It's cheating more than yourself. It's cheating the game that explicitly says only you are to use your Account. It's cheating the rest of us who have cleared it ourselves and respected the rules. It's cheating a system that is based on growth through honest progress to the best of our abilities.
    Yeah it’s game bud. Love the righteousnous pf the reply but think you might be taking it a little to serious, opinion though. In this case, which is why I believe there are varying degrees of what you would term cheating, I don’t think it’s a big enough problem to have it addressed.
  • Options

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

Yeah it’s game bud. Love the righteousnous pf the reply but think you might be taking it a little to serious, opinion though. In this case, which is why I believe there are varying degrees of what you would term cheating, I don’t think it’s a big enough problem to have it addressed.
    I wonder if that mentality would hold up in Court. "It's just a Bank, bud. You take it too seriously.". There are rules in place, and they need to be adhered to.
  • Options
    DjinAF said:

There are two ways to pilot.
    1) Giving your account details to other person and ask him to complete on his phone. This one may get you ban.

2) Giving your phone to someone and asking him to do it for you. In this case you won't get ban.

Aren’t both of those basically the same thing
    Kabam needs to chill with their TOS
This discussion has been closed.