**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 23.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 23.1 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★

In-Game Name: Captain Kandice
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) iOS 12.3.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 23.1
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: Unresponsive controls like failed blocks, especially at the start of a fight or dash backs failing.

Game also starts stuttering in any fight that lasts more than 20-30 seconds. It will stop for a few seconds and then start stuttering again

(Those are issues I had last month and April as well... still not fixed).

Game is now starting to have heating issues again.

Also having issues with firing specials at times. Playing AW last night, parried the AI, looked down at the special button and had to hit it 3 times before it fired.

Heavy attacks also feel like a delay is happening when I hold for a heavy attack, if it fires off at all. Died in AQ earlier because of that.

This all feels like a huge waste of my time. I have a phone that is less than a year old. I shouldn’t have this many issues. A lot of these issues I had with my iPhone 7 but they improved when I got the XR in November. By March however, the game started going downhill to iPhone 7 levels, if not worse than that with the stuttering graphics I didn’t have before a couple months ago.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    In game ID: FluffyPigMonstr

Device and Version: iPhone 8 Plus

Device Operating System: iOS 12.3.1

Mobile Carrier: AT&T

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? Both

Game Version Installed: 23.1.0

Game Mode: all game modes

Champions Affected: Which Champions are affected by this issue? What is their Rank, Level and which Signature Abilities do they have unlocked? This occurs to all champs I’ve tested however I’m focused on 5* Sinister. Rank 5 sig 200

Active Boosts: None except for infinity stone event (all six stones are achieved)

Description of the Issue: Originally the bug was that following the SP3, Sinister (and actually every champion) was doing some dash medium following the SP3, so Kabam attempted a fix

The fix caused no heavy attack to be activated for 1.5 seconds or so following the SP3 animation.

Sinister relies on his ability to charge his heavy to pause the debuff. Prior to the sp3, you inflict a parry/stun on the opponent, activate the sp3 after contact from releasing the heavy, and charge a heavy coming out of the sp3 to extend the parry/stun and maximize the soul leech.

Now, after the update Sinister is unresponsive to charging the heavy after the sp3 animation and just stands there.

This problem occurs on all champions exiting SP3 animation

If the opponent (defender) is in a parry/stunned state and the debuff is still on them when they exit the SP3 animation then the attacker is unresponsive to a heavy control/charge.

If the opponent (defender) is NOT in a parry/stunned state and there is no parry/stun debuff then the attacker CAN heavy attack/charge.

The debuff exiting the SP3 causes the attacker to not be able to charge a heavy

In the case of Sinister, it is critical that he can do this.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Kill-Phil
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: 12.3.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Everywhere
    Description of the Issue: Phone over heating. Drains battery very fast. Becomes noticeable after a few minutes in the game.
  • JumperAlphaJumperAlpha Posts: 28
    In-Game Name: JumperAlpha
    Device and Model: iPad Air 2
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 23.1.0
    Game Mode: Front page, attempting to open Solo Objectives
    Description of the Issue: Last night, Solo Objectives were working fine, even after I installed the new update. I completed the last objective in both tabs, afterward both tabs stating that there were no Solo Objectives currently available, but that displayed as expected. Today, after Imperius Rex event went live, I attempted to open Solo Objectives to see what new goals I had to work towards but it refused to open correctly. the various graphics disappeared from the front page, leaving only the background, but the Solo Objectives window failed to open at all. The gear symbol remained at the top left of my screen, suggesting the game thought I was still on the front page but tapping the gear icon failed to open the options screen. The menu bar option for the screen I was on when I attempted to open Solo Objectves is greyed out as though I was still on that page, but other menu bar buttons appear operational in this state.
  • BDP_JoeyBDP_Joey Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: BDP_Joey
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 12.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular data. T-Mobile
    Game Mode: Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: I was using Stark Enhanced Spider Man in the monthly Uncollected event in 2.2 against Yellow Jacket boss. I completed the fight in one shot and the game produced and “Error connecting to server” message and forced me back to the main menu. From there when I re-entered the event, my champion had not lost health, and neither did Yellow Jacket. All progress was loss after starting the fight basically.
  • KaZichaoKaZichao Posts: 65
    KaZichao
    iPad mini 4
    Upgraded iOS from 12.3 to 12.3.1
    Playing on WiFi.. T1 ISP provider
    Game version, latest in Apple Store atm

Since i upgraded iOs to 12.3.1 i noticed iPad heating up, from portrait mode view, on the back side, middle right spot heats up a lot
    Also, battery drain increased :(
  • ReijiroxReijirox Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: reijirox
    Device and Model: iPhone X
    Cellular or WiFi: Both.
    Game Mode: Any. Arena, Event Quests, War,
    Description of the Issue: Every time I use Iceman, the phone really heats up. Then framerate drops and gets choppy and responsiveness is insanely bad. So i have to exit and wait for phone to cool down.
  • sakura0606sakura0606 Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    In-Game Name: bäryã stârch
    Device and Model: Iphone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both as Singtel carrier
    Game Version Installed: 23.1 version
    Game Mode: All (Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.)
    Description of the Issue: After the 23.1 version update, I wasn’t able to log-in properly because when loading time finishes it crashes and the game exits immediately. If ever I manage to log-in again and play AW, during attack phase the game will also crashes and exits without notice. When I came back to the game, it’s either my champs are in half life or KO by the opponent. And the overheating issue continues!
    I’m afraid that if I update my iOS, my iphone can’t sustain the graphics lagging of this game.
    All my other installed apps are working perfectly fine but this game definitely destroys the fun in playing and my iphone!
  • HaamertailHaamertail Posts: 109
    In game user name: Broken Hammer
    Device: iPhone 7+
    IOS version: 12.2
    Cellular
    Game version: 23.1.0
    Game modes: arena 4* featured, aq fights twice. Once day 1, once day 2
    Description: while playing the game, iPhone goes through restart. No other application use causes this similar issue.

edited June 2019
    Make that 2 in today's aq. 7 total phone restarts today. 4 while playing monthly quest. No other app causes this issue.
  • KyriuKyriu Posts: 1
    Hello everyone!

I play for at least two years and I have never encountered so many delays since I iOS as in this latest version! I have an iPhone XS and an iPhone 7 shovel and on both devices I tally the same problem (having two different accounts and profiles) so I would like to report the following:
    Heavy delay between shot and Tuch
    Heavy delay in Combo
    Logs that sometimes reset what you typed (example 3 shots shot Indiieter, 5 rounds, 2 rounds and parade etc etc....)
    The 90% of the times after 5 combos never puts me on the special or if it does stop and then shoots it making it useless or letting me discover
    After 4 rounds if I put the special hangs alone
    And sometimes instead of dodging or paring it stays motionless.
    The really necessary thing to correct is the delay of the Tuch which makes the game speed or action of the player unnecessary....
    Certain of your reading please provide
    Thank you.
  • KyriuKyriu Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Hello everyone!

My name in game is Kiryu Miyazawa and Ken Shiro 83

I play for at least two years and I have never encountered so many delays since I iOS as in this latest version! I have an iPhone XS and an iPhone 7 shovel and on both devices I tally the same problem (having two different accounts and profiles) so I would like to report the following:
    Heavy delay between shot and Tuch
    Heavy delay in Combo
    Logs that sometimes reset what you typed (example 3 shots shot Indiieter, 5 rounds, 2 rounds and parade etc etc....)
    The 90% of the times after 5 combos never puts me on the special or if it does stop and then shoots it making it useless or letting me discover
    After 4 rounds if I put the special hangs alone
    And sometimes instead of dodging or paring it stays motionless.
    The really necessary thing to correct is the delay of the Tuch which makes the game speed or action of the player unnecessary....
    Certain of your reading please provide
    Thank you.
  • indianapocalypsindianapocalyps Posts: 3
    Game stopping several times.
    Update. Installed newest iPhone iOS and still having same issue. Have tried uninstalling game and reinstalling.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Champion won't block or attack - just runs in and dies?

Ipad pro 10.5 a10x
    latest ios etc etc
  • Eagle7926Eagle7926 Posts: 1
    In game name- Eagle7926
    Device- IPhone XS Max
    OS- 12.3.1
    Cellular and WiFi
    Game version- 23.1
    Game mode- all
    Description- For over a month I have had frame drops/ lag during fights. From what I’ve noticed it happens anytime there is a lot for the game to process- many buffs/debuffs such as Angela and archangel, or quick movements back and forth to dodge with characters like stark enhanced Spider-Man. I haven’t noticed my device overheating, even without a case on and this doesn’t occur in other games/apps. It doesn't seem to be specific to any one map, although the more moving parts in the background, the more it seems to lag. I have also noticed, while not being able to directly capture, what feels like a longer than usual delay when blocking. This makes what to me feels like the timing for a parry too late and results in getting hit. (For reference I’ve had the game for a year and am uncollected, so I’m used to the timing of parry by now.) I also want to add that I had an iPhone 7+ before this phone and never noticed any problems with the game, and had this phone with no problems for a few months, until update 23.0
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    In-Game Name Ronnyman889
    Device and Model: IPad Air2 / iPhone 6S
    Device Operating System: IOS13.2.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both but usually using WiFi
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? All over the place but mostly in monthly events and map5
    Description of the Issue: both iPad and iPhone heats up after a few minutes of play. Doesn’t matter if it’s restarted or not. Several fights are changing speed in the fights, sometimes very slow and stuttering animations or suddenly speed increases mid fight and return to the speed the fight was starting at. Annoying response so parry and evade like a ninja is impossible in many fights but not all. The laggy gameplay gives defender movements like crossing the entire fight arena in a split second and the time to react to this gameplay is almost impossible to counter.

This has been going on for the last months and there must be a very high number of players not bother to enter a feedback. If you think this are not to bad situation since the reports are coming in by the number of complaints you are wrong. This gameplay issues are really widespread and probably causing a lot of your players frustrated and spending money to complete the tasks you don’t deserve to get.

Telling the community that this is a concern is one thing, sort the issues once and for all is something else.
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    Maybe I should rename my iPad to heat pad. iPhone is no better and heats up after a few minutes of play, especially when doing the monthly event or act 5. Nice to hold a warm iPhone on a cold winter day but not so much in the summer. Lag is bad as always but that is here to stay I guess so is the fun of getting whacked by opponents when controls are slow and parry and evade is a second or more late
  • 18sae5618sae56 Posts: 126
    Hey @Kabam Miike I didn't see a lag/performance post for the 24.0 update. I'm on an iPad (2017) and the game has frozen on me 3 times now while trying to move up on Map6 even the energy timer isn't counting. Luckily it hasn't done so in fight (yet). Have to force quit and restart.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    When I’m in a fight and press the quit button from the pause screen during a special 3 the game just gets stuck on the loading creen until you restart the game

iPhone 7
    Wifi and data
    iOS 12.3
    6.2 for gamemode
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    This is a very good description.

On ipad pro a10x

In-Game Name Ronnyman889
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? All over the place but mostly in monthly events and map5
    Description of the Issue: both iPad and iPhone heats up after a few minutes of play. Doesn’t matter if it’s restarted or not. Several fights are changing speed in the fights, sometimes very slow and stuttering animations or suddenly speed increases mid fight and return to the speed the fight was starting at. Annoying response so parry and evade like a ninja is impossible in many fights but not all. The laggy gameplay gives defender movements like crossing the entire fight arena in a split second and the time to react to this gameplay is almost impossible to counter.

This has been going on for the last months and there must be a very high number of players not bother to enter a feedback. If you think this are not to bad situation since the reports are coming in by the number of complaints you are wrong. This gameplay issues are really widespread and probably causing a lot of your players frustrated and spending money to complete the tasks you don’t deserve to get.

Telling the community that this is a concern is one thing, sort the issues once and for all is something else.

• LaserjungeLaserjunge Posts: 33

In-Game Name Ronnyman889

Same device and conditions here. Facing the same problems for long already. Very frustrating experience since month. That‘s why I am playing less and less.

I urge Kabam to finally bring a solution and make the game playable also on „older“ devices.

• ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★

In-Game Name Ronnyman889

Pretty much having the same experience.

iPad mini 2019 and iPhone 7.
  • BabayagahBabayagah Posts: 1
    Having the same issue as everyone in this support thread. I submitted a ticket with the requested information.
This discussion has been closed.