**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Yehey. After four months another super trash 6* so happy

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion

I didn’t dupe Karnak.

Comments

• Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    It happens. Most are not great.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    You seem awfully negative... like all the time..
  • Options
    edited June 2019

xNig said:

I mean, is it possible to be positive if you get wham-bammed by Kabam over and over again?

What? The odds are against you. Clearly. If 70-80 champs are in a crystal, and you are hoping for 1 out of say 20 of them, what do you think is most likely to happen? The hope is to get “lucky” not the other way around.

*sigh*.

There is literally no end. There are people who wholeheartedly believe that 5% (or whatever) means 100%.

I’m not even joking. That’s a real thing.

• Options

xNig said:

I mean, is it possible to be positive if you get wham-bammed by Kabam over and over again?

What? The odds are against you. Clearly. If 70-80 champs are in a crystal, and you are hoping for 1 out of say 20 of them, what do you think is most likely to happen? The hope is to get “lucky” not the other way around.

*sigh*.

There is literally no end. There are people who wholeheartedly believe that 5% (or whatever) means 100%.

Yeah, I never said that I expected fantastic champs all the time, from ever single crystal.
    All I’m saying is that it’s ridiculous and more than disheartening to constantly get smacked in the face by Kabam with absolute garbage over and over again, no matter what the chances are.
    The point is that you are not getting smacked in the face by Kabam. It’s just bad odds. You are getting what you are likely to get, and what you should expect going in. We all hope to get lucky, meaning hit the long shot champ that we want. More often than not this will not happen. So, it’s not surprising.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

xNig said:

*sigh*.

Yeah, I never said that I expected fantastic champs all the time, from ever single crystal.
    All I’m saying is that it’s ridiculous and more than disheartening to constantly get smacked in the face by Kabam with absolute garbage over and over again, no matter what the chances are.
    Maybe you should make do with what your given. My first and only 6* so far is iron fist. Garbage right? Hes actually pretty useful in quests when aq and aw is going on. Heck i even use him in aq from time to time
    That's what my outlook is. Do the best you can with what you roll. Sometimes it takes more effort. Lol. Just Duped my 5* HB. Still thinking. Lol. Interestingly, I Ranked him to R2 for Objectives.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Why not? It’s a game of chance.

Looking at the 6* Basic pool, out of the 84 champs in there, there are 16 that I wouldn’t mind pulling. That’s 16/84 = 19% chance that I get someone I “don’t mind” and 81% chance that I get someone crappy. It’s the odds I’m willing to take when opening a basic. 4 out of 5 times I’ll be disappointed. What’s the big deal?
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Soon, you will be given a champ that will make chase those t5b’s. A reason to clear contect such as act 5, act 6, and variant issues. Soon...
  • Options
    At least you're starting on a Roster. I spent the first couple years focusing on the Arena and Master EQ. Did Uncollected last year, and now I'm about to get my first 6*. Obviously that was on me, but still....you have some. XD
  • Options
    Not that I'm that upset about it. The Arena is my favorite part of the game. Still, I was late to the party. Lol.
  • Options
    You’re kidding right?

I thought you’re endgamer already...

At least you're starting on a Roster. I spent the first couple years focusing on the Arena and Master EQ. Did Uncollected last year, and now I'm about to get my first 6*. Obviously that was on me, but still....you have some. XD

• Options

You’re kidding right?

I thought you’re endgamer already...

No. I usually don't talk about where I'm at because people like to try and call me out in the middle of a discussion. Lol. Almost always has nothing to do with what we're discussing. I posted about it a while back. I spent years in a cycle of just doing what I enjoy and didn't focus on Story. Then I clued in.
  • Options
    Thats a rare commodity these days. Fam you can hold on to.

• Options
    Yeah it's actually pretty rad. Been together through marriages, divorces, babies, hospitals, accidents, all of it. Ups and downs.
  • Options
    Back to OP... my first good six star came after the fifth one.

Moral of the lesson: dont lose heart.
  • Options
    It's all chance. One of my guys is insane. 6* Corvus, Dom, just took his Korg to R2 for a War Boss. I swear he sold his soul. Lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    It’s all chance - the fact that not everyone is as lucky as some players makes us gripe. He gets the good champs, some of us get trash. Where’s the justice there? Thats the sentiment the OP is expressing. The same sentiment that others are tired of reading here.
  • Options
    There is no justice in life concerning chance. The name Elizabeth Windsor wouldn't mean a thing had she not been born into the Royal Family. The woman was paid to exist. Meanwhile, others are born into poverty. Point is, things happen by chance. The alternative is a system where people just get what they want all the time, and not only is that not fair in terms of overall game balance, it would end the game very quickly.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Touché
  • Options
    Lainua said:

I understand that we cannot get what we want all the time. Problem here is we get what we don’t want all the time. We work hard to get a high level crystal, it turned out an useless one. So we have to start again. Again and again. The joy is short. The frustration is big and lasts forever.

After playing this game for about 2 years you will start to lose your interest with opening new crystal, you turn your interest to something else, like rank up gems, then you realize that it’s also a RNG product, it means you get fuked. You will lose your interest again.

Don’t chase crystals because it leads to nowhere. Only frustration.

The other part to that is the definition of useless is pretty broad in this community. Lol. So much focus is on the same few Champs that sometimes people don't even know what use the others have.
  • Options
    Nothing is completely useless. If you had to find some use for what you got, you could.
  • Options
    That's how we all progress. Not everyone has the luck to pull the best off the bat. So we make do with the best we have until something better comes, and so on.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

It's all chance. One of my guys is insane. 6* Corvus, Dom, just took his Korg to R2 for a War Boss. I swear he sold his soul. Lol.

He's got a Blade at Sig 200 too, the lucky devil 👿
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Lol yep, got him as a 6* too, he was my second.