**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Dark Phoenix joining the Contest? Or old Phoenix getting reworked?

Or are we pretending the Dark Pheonix movie doesnt exist?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

or like other times, such as with end game, it comes out the month after the movie to avoid spoilers. Probably not since far from home comes out in July, but also remember that this Xman movie was not made under Marvel, but still under Fox.
  • KuBcOoLKuBcOoL Posts: 45
    in the spirit of a rework for a subpar movie I'm for phoenix getting the venom treatment.
  • B_RabbittB_Rabbitt Posts: 136
    In the past years of the game, Dark Phoenix has been a character apart of the story and dialogue. I don't believe that they would introduce her as a playable character but rather rework the already existing one if they decide to do anything with her at all.

With the movie already have been released and the Fantastic 4 event going on, it does not seem that they will be doing a movie related event until Spider-Man: Far From Home comes out in which we will likely see another version of Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) and Mysterio.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

or like other times, such as with end game, it comes out the month after the movie to avoid spoilers. Probably not since far from home comes out in July, but also remember that this Xman movie was not made under Marvel, but still under Fox.
    Being a part of Fox doesn't matter. We have the rest of the Xmen already.

Lormif said:

Actually it does, being a fox movie and not a marvel movie means it is not guaranteed an event.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Phoenix got same treatment as Punisher for Netflix Punisher premiere - offer with crystal to pull them
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Actually it does, being a fox movie and not a marvel movie means it is not guaranteed an event.
    Umm we already have a version of dark Pheonix in the game. Shes been a boss in EQ before. Every member of the X-men are in the game as well except professor Xavier. Dark Pheonix doesn't have to have an event to release her, it could come in the form of a buff or re-release.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

We had one for apocalypse with dark phoenix and that unplayable version of wolverine
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    There are tons of x-men not in the game yet. Mystique being the most popular. @Demonzfyre
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I'd rather they rework Pheonix. Human Torch and Invisible Woman have pre fight functions. I'd love to see Pheonix have a pre fight function involving Dark Pheonix.

This would actually be pretty cool. Just increase her fury potency in dark Phoenix mode
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    To be fair, Dark Phoenix is already in the game ...

We have never had a tie-in with a non-MCU film, though in the past we have had events in the spirit of other Films in the Marvel Universe, like our Masacre/Domino/Goldpool event, or our Symbiote Supreme/VtD event.

Unfortunately, Dark Phoenix is not a film that we have any tie-ins planned for. I would love to see a Dark Phoenix event, because growing up, Phoenix was definitely my favourite Marvel Character.

Straight up, 90s X-men cartoon best story line was the dark Phoenix!!
  • PoolPool Posts: 117
    But we did have dark phoenix in event quest when phoenix was released. Why not bring her back?
    Neotwism said:

There are tons of x-men not in the game yet. Mystique being the most popular. @Demonzfyre

I know that. Traditionally mystique hasnt been a part of the "normal" teams. Shes been a xman in the past though. We have the original members already. Jean Grey is a part of that. Just like the Avengers,.the X-men have had tons of members we don't have yet.
  • ALSO! I know it's sort of a stretch, but with the addition of Namor this month, we have all 5 Members of the Phoenix 5 now!
    Pool said:

But we did have dark phoenix in event quest when phoenix was released. Why not bring her back?

So what do you want to give up, the far from home tie in next month?

ALSO! I know it's sort of a stretch, but with the addition of Namor this month, we have all 5 Members of the Phoenix 5 now!

Yet no crazy synergy for all 5 🤷‍♂️
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Pool said:

I'd give up another Spidey for Dark Phoenix. Probably not good for contractual obligations though. Lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    #hardcorefan
  • Ghosty64Ghosty64 Posts: 171

Who cares
    Dark Phoenix and X men movies suck

Lormif said:

Pool said:

I'd give up another Spidey for Dark Phoenix. Probably not good for contractual obligations though. Lol.
    Why u hating on spidey. Spider-Man is sweet.
    Giving up spidey for dark Phoenix is like giving up that 3rd pizza for a burrito on the street
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Why on earth would you want a new Dark Phoenix when we can have our (1,2,3,4) 5th Spider-Man inspired champion? I mean, everyone is asking for more Spidermen right?
  • Ghosty64Ghosty64 Posts: 171
    edited June 2019
    V1PER1987 said:

Why on earth would you want a new Dark Phoenix when we can have our (1,2,3,4) 5th Spider-Man inspired champion? I mean, everyone is asking for more Spidermen right?

Non ironically
    I’d rather have Spider-Men then a dark Phoenix
    I’m not a fan of X-men so it doesn’t matter to me
    The thing is each Spider-Man could have been totally sweet and different
    Classic spiderman-focuses on evading
    Miles morales- invisibility and venom blast
    Spidergwen-she’s a girl so there’s enough character difference there
    Stark tech-he could have a bunch of different tech mode
    Symbiote spidey- all venomed out
    But they made most of the basically the same
    The only thing is did they have to choose Spider-Man stealth suit.
    why not like a different Spider-Man like one that is really out there like 2099