**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Venom vs Venom The Duck

SvaenSvaen Posts: 55
I have 3.45 venom the duck and 3x T4 cosmic cat. Yesterday, I get Venom. If I upgrade Venom at 3.45, I need 4 cosmic for 4.55. But I need 1 T4 cosmic to upgrade the Duck to 4.55. Should I wait for the Venom or upgrade the duck?

Comments

• WeeHobbit89WeeHobbit89 Posts: 146
    Venom the duck is far more useful than venom. Power gain, regen, degen, fury, precision, cruelty.... a great combination of buffs if you bank the right ones for what you need
  • SvaenSvaen Posts: 55
    Thanks for help
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Duck all the way
  • PIZZATIMEPIZZATIME Posts: 307
    Venom is more fun to me and way more bleed
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    I'm more a venom fan but since the duck is already that upgraded I would go with the duck but venom is a tank with the ability to steal buffs and regenerate pretty well from the sp1 too. Mine is r4 and I love him... just gotta get my carnage past r3
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I find Venom more useful, but it depends purely on you. Rank up the one you're better at playing with.
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    I say venom is better but it's up to you
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Venom imo
  • diegobdias84diegobdias84 Posts: 101

I have both at 5* r3. Personally prefer playing with venom, great bleed, true strike when opponents health drops, great damage output and ignores spidey evade.

Also he can recover some life from Sp1

I prefer Venom if we're talking about AW, but the Duck if it's about long journeys like Act
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    They are both fantastic champions, you should rank both in time... however

I just r5 my 5* Venom, and there is no looking back. The damage both in hits and bleeds , the utility is way more useful than VtD , he is BY FAR the MVP for Variant 2 and this month's EQ and few people remember he can regen a bit by stealing buffs with his sp1.

He is a badass when the opponent has less than 18% , they will no longer autoblock or evade.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    VTD is bomb, but it all depends who you are more proficient with. Venom is pretty straightforward. VTD will take some time to get to know and find your style.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Venom the duck is much better. Depending on what buffs you put in the RNA bank makes him very powerful and lasts for a long time if you get a regen buff or 2
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    You should have made a poll for this.
    Anyways I think Venom is better. With Venom the duck you need, build up, luck (not getting armour or perfect block), constantly activate SP3 and a lot of skill. With Venom you don't need any buildup, almost no skills required and high utility
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    venom the duck for sure! unless u struggle a lot against spidy characters then venom,rest of the matchups duck beats
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Depends for story and questing vtd
    For war venom
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    VTD even if you have bad rng he’s amazing. Even if he has bad buffs that special 2’s toxic armor is incredible. Seems like people are sleeping on it. He can have no buffs and still melt champs. VTD is he guy to go for. I explored all of act 5 with him. Venom can’t do that. VTD is on a whole other level.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    VTD is amazing. Everyone is right the rng can be a pain but if you are patient in the first couple fights the rest is a walk in the park for any quest.

It can be frustrating when PB and armor buffs proc over and over but time your sp1 between buffs(unless you want the buff stored) in the first couple of fights to increase buff output until you get the buffs you want. Then start of fights heavy and store until full.
  • SuperGoodSuperGood Posts: 128
    VTD for sure. Venom is fine but VTD has all of the utility! He is essentially the Swiss Army knife of MCOC. Two great champs! It is more a question of when then of who. Go for the higher rank, because it will be more helpful in the meantime as you seek to clear content, and then get lucky with your T4CC pulls! Congrats!
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★

You should have made a poll for this.
    Anyways I think Venom is better. With Venom the duck you need, build up, luck (not getting armour or perfect block), constantly activate SP3 and a lot of skill. With Venom you don't need any buildup, almost no skills required and high utility

You said it: You Need skill. no offense, really, but it seems like some People here struggle to use the pure potential of Venom the Duck
    I have both at rank 3 5 star, but Venom the Duck just outshines Venom in many ways. OF COURSE that doesnt mean Venom is bad, just that (for my usage) vtd is better:
    vtd is hard to Play for 1 fight. In this one first fight you do with him youre bad. Thats why you should pick a Champion where you know how to dodge and how you can fight more then a Minute in worst case. In this time you get up to 6 times a random buff, its pretty likly you get the buffs you want. From then on, you will rock!
    Another big advantage you have is that you Degen enemys when you cant inflict bleeds, thats a big weakness of venom, imo. A big amount of damage Comes from venoms bleeds and there are lots of situations where venom cant shine because the enemy is bleed imune...
    Another big Advantage of VtDuck is that he can shine in Long Missions , even if you only get 1 or 2 regen buffs in total. Venom is more bursty.
    Furthermore you can totally rip enemy with youre sp2 and debuff imune champs wont be able to remove the toxic armor because its a buff.
    What i like about Venom the duck is that he is really an insane Allrounder, the only Thing he cant imo is Rol and Lol, for every other Mission you can adapt him the way you like!
    I wont Forget to mention how strong Venom is! He does crazy damage, crazy bleed, his truestrike when the enemy is below 16% hp is very usefull. He Wrecks all spiderman!
  • OneAboveAll13OneAboveAll13 Posts: 190
    Venom the duck it is bro... Get him higher as much as you can...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Venom.
    xNig said:

Venom.

This is exactly why I don’t take advice from you anymore :/
    VTD even without buffs is better. Toxic armor ftw
    Not even a debate this dudes up there with ghost. And I have a R5 Ghost and a r4 duck.
    Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Venom.

This is exactly why I don’t take advice from you anymore :/
    This is exactly why I don't advise you anymore.
    To OP,

In which aspect of the game are you going to be using VtD?