**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Dukescnh320Dukescnh320 Posts: 7
    I’m so sick and tired of kabam making it so deliberately hard to defeat bosses and mini bosses. We spend all this time and waste crystals in trash champs so we can finally get a good one and build them up, only to have kabam put up a champ on a node where our specific champs don’t even **** work. And then one hit from an s2 or 3 destroys a rank four five star? Meanwhile we have to hit and hit and hit to get them down. Sick of this bull I’m ready to quit this **** game
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    edited June 2019

Kobster84 said:

Iceman doesn’t work because if fate seal
    Also this Hyperion is way too hard for map 5 difficultly especially as they didn’t update anything with map 5

I see this as a major win. It motivates players to want to move up to Map 6. This also would require them to need more resources and items.
    Kabam gets more money and the players get better rewards and better at the game by playing more.
    It’s a win for both parties 👍
    It's either that or scares people down to map 4, I mean if they are getting screwed over by map 5, what's to stop them thinking if we can't beat map 5, how exactly are we supposed to be ableton beat map 6.

It's all good saying that there are counters, which is good IF you have said counters. For those that don't are screwed. I only have one of the counters are a 4* max rank Luke Cage, first sp3 he ranked through indestructible, the second however killed him in one hit from full hp, I waa maybe 10 seconds from my second indestructible.

Oh yeah you make one mistake with LC before the first 20 seconds are up and he will do 1 combo and destroy you from full hp

The other 'counter' I have is iceman who is useless as fate seal prevents his armour, and given hyperions tendancy to ONLY use his sp2, your screwed as he gets that so dam fast.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    This is cash grab. No ifs and buts about it.

3 x R5 5*s can’t take a mini boss in AQ down?

Makes Maestro in LOL look too easy...
    Like seriously.

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Didn't try to fight this hyperion yet, but shouldn't dormammu work really well? Or mephisto, especially if duped?

Mephisto could work but would probably die or time out towards the end

Lainua said:

Didn't try to fight this hyperion yet, but shouldn't dormammu work really well? Or mephisto, especially if duped?

I guess that Dormmamu doesn’t work if Hyperion gains power too fast.

Dormammu definitely a bad option
  • RigidRigid Posts: 152
    There are counters but the difficulty of this mini is way to high for the tier that map 5 should be. This map should be where max 4* and r4 5* have a chance.

All 3 of my alliances groups will finish day 2 because we are taking turns chipping him down.

I timed out with a max* 99 sig Luke Cage and only did 40% damage to the second mini. Was relieved when I did so I could do damage again to him.
  • Blizz_4R_Blizz_4R_ Posts: 95
    map 5 is ridiculous
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    I have all of the aforementioned characters and it is rng based. Massive amounts of people quitting. I really think that's what kabam is going for. The 1 % can play the 1 %
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Start the fight without gaining power, without you heal, without your abilities, that is, Hyperion fills E3 and is over, this nod destroys what can be counter against him.
    Kabam lost his notion on the nodes of this Hyperion.
    Clearly want to see people spend up on the M5

With all due respect...
    Luke cage duped
    Iceman
    Ghost with hood
    Can all tank sp3

Hood
    Symbiote supreme
    Morningstar
    Void (with some luck on debuffs)
    All have abilities that nullify or stop his powergain

There's probably alot more than im just thinking off the top of my head! Map 5 is only 8 paths generally, so have a decidated person to bring a champ for hyperion, that's how we've managed to get through it (we run 665 so far this week)

That being said... Without a solid counter it is a very difficult fight! And the node cripples his main 2 counters in magik and void! And the rewards increase do not match the difficulty increase... Definitely think overall that emphatic lock node needs to be replaced by something else!

Alpha Scorpion
    Ice aromer wil be gone from the star of the figth to you get a sp3 so don’t put him in that becasse of face steal
  • AhongAhong Posts: 21

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Iceman doesn’t work because if fate seal
    Also this Hyperion is way too hard for map 5 difficultly especially as they didn’t update anything with map 5

I see this as a major win. It motivates players to want to move up to Map 6. This also would require them to need more resources and items.
    Kabam gets more money and the players get better rewards and better at the game by playing more.
    It’s a win for both parties 👍
    Are you grounded wisdom like seriously “ITS A MAJOR WIN WE HAVE TO SPEND MORE” how is this a win it is literally an increase in difficulty without increase in rewards
    I think your missing my point. This motivates people to want to spend because they get to have a better game experience doing Map 6. Logically I’d like to think that people want to spend because of the amazing work Kabam does at occupying our free time and grinding for more resources to do Map 6 does just that, only improved.
    How can you said motivates if map6 needs more time requirement than map5. We choice map that fit our time and map6 is out of option. Doing map6 only cause failure so its not better game experience.
    Sorry I dont think its amazing.
  • JacedafaceJacedaface Posts: 34
    Agreed, having that power lock at the start of the fight with spite is what makes it stupid.

Yes there are counters. But remember MCOC is a game of luck not every one has your luck and not everyone has those counters.

Luckily I have 2 counters, unfortunately due to the nodes they both haven't worked for me. Lol

I have magik, but I'm not getting to my sp2 cos I am power locked. Oh look he's at sp3 and I've barely touched him.

I have void and 4x I have fought him with void, and yes of course never got a petrify before taking the sp3. On top of that my void is r5 with 33k health still one sp3 and dead. Lol
  • snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    Just use doc oc with electro synergy and parry and heavy. He will be permanently power locked
  • NamronstrykerNamronstryker Posts: 25
    empathetic lock should definitely be removed or shared with hyperion or make it so buffs and debuffs are not in effect for either champion but clearly this is intended for a cash grab if on day 2 this hype drops a full health 4/55 void with one sp3 the first 20 seconds because all he did was stand back and block all day long
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    The Hyperion in AQ is too hard and just completely unfair with the combination of nodes present . This does not make any sense .
    I am suggesting few changes which need to be done ASAP.!!!!!
    1- Remove epathic lock altogether or
    2- put empathic lock on both the defender and the attacker...the way it is now does not make any sense.
    3-Power drain characters are useless against him in this state and you are restricting the possible champs to take him down to a very small group.
    4- Please understand with the changes in AW , which promote more diversity among attackers used..this kind of approach is just taking away the same concept and restricting the champs that can be used
    5- LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT POINT - MAKE HYPERION MORE AGGRESSIVE AT USING SPECIALS ....if empathic lock is on, we need to bait him....it works 50% of the time but the rest of the times he just will not throw specials that does not make any sense. Sometimes we might get hit 2-3 times and get backed into corner , then how are we supposed to redeem the fight back or get any second chance. He comes at us but just does not throw specials ....... he will stand there at times... specially in AQ .THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE AQ AI , I THINK HYPERION IS OKAY BUT NOT WITH THE NODES THAT HE HAS ON HIM RIGHT NOW...MAKES NO SENSE. NO SKILL ONLY LUCK INVOLVED IN THIS . PLEASE RECTIFY THIS AND TAKE A LOOK IF SOMETHING CAN BE DONE.
  • iamthegodofwariamthegodofwar Posts: 74
    When the oscillate node switches to armor up, hyperion becomes very defensive, stacks power gain in the corner. Next thing you know he’s at SP3.
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 514 ★★★
    snapper77 said:

Just use doc oc with electro synergy and parry and heavy. He will be permanently power locked

Again, not all have the necessary champs for this idiot of a mini....
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    edited June 2019
    This what made me ranked-up my SS to R5. Brought Void and SS and so far, they're all good taking down Hyperion mini boss. Just took down both of them.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Uhm, take a gwenpool.....

Eat a bunch of l3 , carry on...

In between 10 people surely 1 will have 4* or 5* duped gwenpool.

Keep calm and carry on.

Ywah i have to agree that kabam ia well of their sugarnips when they made changes to aq and aw, but for most part things have answers, no need to panic on this hype anyways.

Hope this helped.
  • JobeJobe Posts: 1
    Can kabam please post a video of a 4* champ taking out that Hyperion 2nd mini boss? I would like to see you all doing it.

Meanwhile try to grow some brain coz I honestly don’t know why you even exist, Kabam.
  • Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    Whoever designed nodes for map5 Hyperion..pure evil..I really enjoy taking on mini bosses but this Hyperion has killed all the excitement for me ..really don't know what they want to prove you die just for starting the fight spite and oscillate node for already ridiculous power gain on hyperion