This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

145791014

Comments

  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 110
    Ace_03 said:




    1. Don't use a full 5 hit combo, parry and let him get to SP1 and bait it without triggering dexterity.
    2. Be patient and don't panic, heavy to keep distance without triggering spite.

    I've taken him down both days without any significant issues, as for RNG I just play it safe until I get the petrify, 1-2 hits at the most and parry back off.

    A lot of alliances think map 5 is a cakewalk and snidely scoff at it as beneath them, this now shows that most of you are not equipped with the technical expertise, fight I.Q, roster depth and reflexes to deal with the problems at hand.

    Adapt or move down to a map that is more your speed, or don't run map 5 the weeks Hyperion is the miniboss, I'm not saying this is not overturned or a problem, but we have to be realistic where we stand vis a vis the company and our collective ability in the face of the content, which will only get harder as time goes by.

    This is not the end of situations like this, the days of simple attack and health increase nodes are over, all of those nodes in story quest that eroded your will and love of this game will be all over Alliance Quest now.

    This will only get worse before it gets better and I write that with no glee, satisfaction or enjoyment.

    Just with a grim and fatalistic acceptance of reality.


    That proves nothing. You could of went in on him when he was 5% health.

  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    So to counter my earlier arguments. Wanted to try my Hawkeye. R4 sig 40. Here is the first hype, map 5, had to basically not hit him for the first 25-30 seconds.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    @CheddarBob

    2nd Hyperion - let's see it. And that is a low score - what is your alliance PI presently? Not an attack, just stating that fighting a mini with 50% more health/attack is a bit different.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,215 ★★★★

    Madcat said:

    Gmonkey said:

    Doc ock works great. Spark can work. Symbionts supreme. Someone has to have those champs

    I agree with you. There are plenty of counters. Kabam is giving us a challenge like many people have been asking to get.
    Is it a challenge to have one of a half dozen champs (at most)? I fail to see the skill or challenge in that...?
    Fights can still be won without using a hard counter. You have 10 people in a Battleground and 30 in an alliance. Surely at least 3 people have the counters. Just takes some strategy to organize BGs. If your alliance does not have these counters, Kabam is just trying to tell you that Map 4 is more at your current level.
    If people didnt have any problem before this change then surely this means that the new map is harder right? If thats the case then rewards should scale with difficulty dont you agree?
    The game evoloves and sometimes that means difficulty too. Kabam noticed that people are getting t4cc way too easy so they are trying to limit that by eliminating less worthy alliances from competing in Map 5.
    So you admit they made it harder then?
    Yes, I acknowledged that I have admiration for how they were able to pull it off. Their node choices for him are top notch. I haven't fought him but he must be relatively hard for lower alliances. Kabam knows what they're doing. Why do you think they haven't said a word on here when they have instantly responded to minor bugs like Ultron bleeding? They aren't looking to change this. Players can spend more or grind more. If they don't choose one they move up to Map 6 or down to 4. It's healthy to ensure people aren't taking advantage of AQ rewards.
    So if they increase difficulty then surely they should increase rewards right?
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    edited June 2019
    Nihiluss said:

    The only thing that can make him a bs fight, at least for me, is that he’s not throwing his special attacks. I’ve fought him twice, and barely could do something, cause I try to make him throw his SP1, but no... he gains the power right dor his SP3... and after that, nothing to do hahahaha

    This really need to be corrected; specially bc map 5 shouldn’t be this hard... IT’ S MAP 5!!

    That was the first fight and he was annoying. When he oscillates, he just goes to the corner, I had to always maintain a bar and half just to knock the l3 off. Should not be like this on day two amid the awful war nodes.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★

    Nihiluss said:

    The only thing that can make him a bs fight, at least for me, is that he’s not throwing his special attacks. I’ve fought him twice, and barely could do something, cause I try to make him throw his SP1, but no... he gains the power right dor his SP3... and after that, nothing to do hahahaha

    This really need to be corrected; specially bc map 5 shouldn’t be this hard... IT’ S MAP 5!!

    That was the first fight and he was annoying. When he oscillates, he just goes to the corner, I had to always maintain a bar and half just to knock the l3 off. Should not be like this on day to amid the awful war nodes.
    Based on comparing our first Hyperion netting over 1 mil points, that puts your alliance at roughly 7500 prestige starting on day 3. That is a huge difference. R5 MS with 5 souls took two rounds of fighting for the 1st Hyperion for us, FYI, and that is with a class advantage. The second will be far worse.
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    edited June 2019
    Madcat said:

    Nihiluss said:

    The only thing that can make him a bs fight, at least for me, is that he’s not throwing his special attacks. I’ve fought him twice, and barely could do something, cause I try to make him throw his SP1, but no... he gains the power right dor his SP3... and after that, nothing to do hahahaha

    This really need to be corrected; specially bc map 5 shouldn’t be this hard... IT’ S MAP 5!!

    That was the first fight and he was annoying. When he oscillates, he just goes to the corner, I had to always maintain a bar and half just to knock the l3 off. Should not be like this on day to amid the awful war nodes.
    Based on comparing our first Hyperion netting over 1 mil points, that puts your alliance at roughly 7500 prestige starting on day 3. That is a huge difference. R5 MS with 5 souls took two rounds of fighting for the 1st Hyperion for us, FYI, and that is with a class advantage. The second will be far worse.
    I agree and that does make a difference. Kabam just throws diapers on the wall to see if it sticks. Pure reactionary, ALWAYS, with everything
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    He can be beaten, hypes been around for ages and so have the nodes he is placed on but my issue is with the commentary and feedback or lack thereof we have gotten from the devs. Rewards are the same yet this is a clear hike in difficulty, we keep getting updates to the AI, maps, nodes and defenders which When combined is upping the difficulty of all new content exponentially yet potions, rewards, energy requirements, war crystals, AQ crystals, calendars and the general economy when it’s comes to gold, shards, loyalty and resources remain stuck in 2017.
    If you’re going to ask us as the player base to commit more then it’s time you started looking at what we actually playing for and if it’s even worth the time.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 264
    Not that I agree with this way of using the player base as guinea pigs, but I think kabam would analyze the data from the first week and make adjustments.

    Perhaps the number of items used will be beyond their expectations that they will dial Hyperion back. That’s a big “perhaps”.
  • AhongAhong Posts: 12

    Madcat said:

    Gmonkey said:

    Doc ock works great. Spark can work. Symbionts supreme. Someone has to have those champs

    I agree with you. There are plenty of counters. Kabam is giving us a challenge like many people have been asking to get.
    Is it a challenge to have one of a half dozen champs (at most)? I fail to see the skill or challenge in that...?
    Fights can still be won without using a hard counter. You have 10 people in a Battleground and 30 in an alliance. Surely at least 3 people have the counters. Just takes some strategy to organize BGs. If your alliance does not have these counters, Kabam is just trying to tell you that Map 4 is more at your current level.
    If people didnt have any problem before this change then surely this means that the new map is harder right? If thats the case then rewards should scale with difficulty dont you agree?
    The game evoloves and sometimes that means difficulty too. Kabam noticed that people are getting t4cc way too easy so they are trying to limit that by eliminating less worthy alliances from competing in Map 5.
    So you admit they made it harder then?
    Yes, I acknowledged that I have admiration for how they were able to pull it off. Their node choices for him are top notch. I haven't fought him but he must be relatively hard for lower alliances. Kabam knows what they're doing. Why do you think they haven't said a word on here when they have instantly responded to minor bugs like Ultron bleeding? They aren't looking to change this. Players can spend more or grind more. If they don't choose one they move up to Map 6 or down to 4. It's healthy to ensure people aren't taking advantage of AQ rewards.
    So if they increase difficulty then surely they should increase rewards right?
    No. It's my belief that difficulty was "increased" to limit people from getting rewards that they were already getting. Kabam must have realized their system was flawed and stopping midtier players from having a nice stack of t4cc was the only way to fix it. This is so people don't have to beg for gold realms anymore since they won't have the catalysts as much.
    If they really do that then the game will be boring, hard effort for minimum reward is not fun anymore.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    I beat him with R5 Starky after a time-out. That clearly explains how hard this fight is since it's AQ and you don't have a free/cheap stash of revives, potions and a limit on how much you can use.
  • Madcat said:

    Gmonkey said:

    Doc ock works great. Spark can work. Symbionts supreme. Someone has to have those champs

    I agree with you. There are plenty of counters. Kabam is giving us a challenge like many people have been asking to get.
    Is it a challenge to have one of a half dozen champs (at most)? I fail to see the skill or challenge in that...?
    Fights can still be won without using a hard counter. You have 10 people in a Battleground and 30 in an alliance. Surely at least 3 people have the counters. Just takes some strategy to organize BGs. If your alliance does not have these counters, Kabam is just trying to tell you that Map 4 is more at your current level.
    If people didnt have any problem before this change then surely this means that the new map is harder right? If thats the case then rewards should scale with difficulty dont you agree?
    The game evoloves and sometimes that means difficulty too. Kabam noticed that people are getting t4cc way too easy so they are trying to limit that by eliminating less worthy alliances from competing in Map 5.
    So you admit they made it harder then?
    Yes, I acknowledged that I have admiration for how they were able to pull it off. Their node choices for him are top notch. I haven't fought him but he must be relatively hard for lower alliances. Kabam knows what they're doing. Why do you think they haven't said a word on here when they have instantly responded to minor bugs like Ultron bleeding? They aren't looking to change this. Players can spend more or grind more. If they don't choose one they move up to Map 6 or down to 4. It's healthy to ensure people aren't taking advantage of AQ rewards.
    So if they increase difficulty then surely they should increase rewards right?
    No. It's my belief that difficulty was "increased" to limit people from getting rewards that they were already getting. Kabam must have realized their system was flawed and stopping midtier players from having a nice stack of t4cc was the only way to fix it. This is so people don't have to beg for gold realms anymore since they won't have the catalysts as much.
    Just out of curiosity, what drew you to that conclusion? Because from where I'm standing, it's just the opposite. They just INCREASED t4cc availability. More t4cc frag crystals in the lower tier EQ rewards. Lowered the cost of the t4cc frags, and Glroy Crystals in the Glory store. How exactly does Hyperion's difficulty have anything to do with some strange strategy to reduce the influx of T4ccs?? All the while increasing their overall availability. That seems kind of contradictory now doesn't it? If Kabam were trying to curb the influx of t4ccs they certainly wouldn't have increased their availability now would they?
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 290

    Madcat said:

    Gmonkey said:

    Doc ock works great. Spark can work. Symbionts supreme. Someone has to have those champs

    I agree with you. There are plenty of counters. Kabam is giving us a challenge like many people have been asking to get.
    Is it a challenge to have one of a half dozen champs (at most)? I fail to see the skill or challenge in that...?
    Fights can still be won without using a hard counter. You have 10 people in a Battleground and 30 in an alliance. Surely at least 3 people have the counters. Just takes some strategy to organize BGs. If your alliance does not have these counters, Kabam is just trying to tell you that Map 4 is more at your current level.
    If people didnt have any problem before this change then surely this means that the new map is harder right? If thats the case then rewards should scale with difficulty dont you agree?
    The game evoloves and sometimes that means difficulty too. Kabam noticed that people are getting t4cc way too easy so they are trying to limit that by eliminating less worthy alliances from competing in Map 5.
    So you admit they made it harder then?
    Yes, I acknowledged that I have admiration for how they were able to pull it off. Their node choices for him are top notch. I haven't fought him but he must be relatively hard for lower alliances. Kabam knows what they're doing. Why do you think they haven't said a word on here when they have instantly responded to minor bugs like Ultron bleeding? They aren't looking to change this. Players can spend more or grind more. If they don't choose one they move up to Map 6 or down to 4. It's healthy to ensure people aren't taking advantage of AQ rewards.
    So if they increase difficulty then surely they should increase rewards right?
    No. It's my belief that difficulty was "increased" to limit people from getting rewards that they were already getting. Kabam must have realized their system was flawed and stopping midtier players from having a nice stack of t4cc was the only way to fix it. This is so people don't have to beg for gold realms anymore since they won't have the catalysts as much.
    Just out of curiosity, what drew you to that conclusion? Because from where I'm standing, it's just the opposite. They just INCREASED t4cc availability. More t4cc frag crystals in the lower tier EQ rewards. Lowered the cost of the t4cc frags, and Glroy Crystals in the Glory store. How exactly does Hyperion's difficulty have anything to do with some strange strategy to reduce the influx of T4ccs?? All the while increasing their overall availability. That seems kind of contradictory now doesn't it? If Kabam were trying to curb the influx of t4ccs they certainly wouldn't have increased their availability now would they?
    Its possible they are seeing it as if they cant beat this map 5, they will have to drop to map 4, which then reduces the points they earn, thus directly reducing the glory they would normally earn, as well as lower rewards overall meaning that even though it's cheaper to buy, they have less funds to buy them with, which defeats the point of reducing the costs.
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    The perfect candidate for Hyperion is Doc Oc.. try it guys&girls!
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    Please change this mini it is redic
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,517 ★★★★
    At 7k your not beating snyone

    Madcat said:

    Madcat said:

    Mephisto times out as his damage is too low. Soul entrapment does not block Spite. L3 is usable only once for power drain per matchup.

    All true, except I can still one shot him with an unduped r4 Mephisto. You guys are complaining far too much, you just haven’t figured out how to effectively beat him yet. My alliance has it down by day 3.

    @XManBarry1 What is your starting AQ PI? From your earlier posts... maybe 7k at most? Let me know how day 5 goes, as that should be comparable to our Day 1. Also, please show me a solo shot on the 2nd Hyperion.
    Yup, starting PI right at 7k. Looks like we’ll rank higher in AQ since the elite alliances can’t hack it. I’ll make a video next time I fight him and send it to you.
    Dezz_1 said:

    Ace_03 said:




    1. Don't use a full 5 hit combo, parry and let him get to SP1 and bait it without triggering dexterity.
    2. Be patient and don't panic, heavy to keep distance without triggering spite.

    I've taken him down both days without any significant issues, as for RNG I just play it safe until I get the petrify, 1-2 hits at the most and parry back off.

    A lot of alliances think map 5 is a cakewalk and snidely scoff at it as beneath them, this now shows that most of you are not equipped with the technical expertise, fight I.Q, roster depth and reflexes to deal with the problems at hand.

    Adapt or move down to a map that is more your speed, or don't run map 5 the weeks Hyperion is the miniboss, I'm not saying this is not overturned or a problem, but we have to be realistic where we stand vis a vis the company and our collective ability in the face of the content, which will only get harder as time goes by.

    This is not the end of situations like this, the days of simple attack and health increase nodes are over, all of those nodes in story quest that eroded your will and love of this game will be all over Alliance Quest now.

    This will only get worse before it gets better and I write that with no glee, satisfaction or enjoyment.

    Just with a grim and fatalistic acceptance of reality.


    That proves nothing. You could of went in on him when he was 5% health.

    That’s a clean solo using a rank 5 void. The issue at that point is not is it possible to solo, but for map 5 should you need to use rank 5 champs on a sub like that. I have never had to prior, it’s clearly harder, so increase reward
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 750 ★★★
    Going to have to suggest that if you aren't actually doing the Map and dealing with Hyperion, then you don't act as though you are in a position of knowledge regarding the matter. Not targeting anyone in particular, but you know who you are.
    Void and Magik (with high MD) have been working for us so far. Spark works fine for first Hype, usually. Second one comes down to how he behaves in Defensive mode. Going to try DO day 1 of next Hype cycle, see how he does for me, but I've barely used him, lol.
    But if MS is what 'exemplifies the level of challenge' for Map 5, Hype undercuts that fairly hard as he is now.
  • MedinaKhanMedinaKhan Posts: 159
    Not saying it's easy, but Dorm is working very well. Use short combos and bait like normal, but that power burn gives a nice cushion. On 2nd mini, you have option to power lock through armor phase. His constant specials just feed soul bombs.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 507 ★★★
    It's time for 5 Star Scarlet Witch.
  • JacedafaceJacedaface Posts: 30

    R4 GP with maxed deep wounds. This is second hype mini, so much time waiting for special animations and him just sitting in the corner playing defence cos of that node that I timed out. Also not exactly a great match up cos after finishing off the first hype mini and tanking an sp2 or 2 there then tanking another 2 here. I'm down to 1% health for most of the fight meaning u have to playing full stun immune. One parry and ur going to be dead. She got the job done, went back in and finished him off no problem. But still a massive pain in the back side to fight.
  • BrowsBrows Posts: 41
    edited June 2019

    R4 GP with maxed deep wounds. This is second hype mini, so much time waiting for special animations and him just sitting in the corner playing defence cos of that node that I timed out. Also not exactly a great match up cos after finishing off the first hype mini and tanking an sp2 or 2 there then tanking another 2 here. I'm down to 1% health for most of the fight meaning u have to playing full stun immune. One parry and ur going to be dead. She got the job done, went back in and finished him off no problem. But still a massive pain in the back side to fight.
    We've been struggling with him as well, been using OG Vision, Hawkeye, Magik, Dorm, Shulk but the second one is killer. Maybe you can answer, can duped GP take multiple/endless S3's from Hyp? I may try my GP on the next one.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    The problem is not Hyperion as a mini. The problem is the NODE that reduces the ways to deal with his SP3.
  • JacedafaceJacedaface Posts: 30
    edited June 2019
    Brows said:


    R4 GP with maxed deep wounds. This is second hype mini, so much time waiting for special animations and him just sitting in the corner playing defence cos of that node that I timed out. Also not exactly a great match up cos after finishing off the first hype mini and tanking an sp2 or 2 there then tanking another 2 here. I'm down to 1% health for most of the fight meaning u have to playing full stun immune. One parry and ur going to be dead. She got the job done, went back in and finished him off no problem. But still a massive pain in the back side to fight.
    We've been struggling with him as well, been using OG Vision, Hawkeye, Magik, Dorm, Shulk but the second one is killer. Maybe you can answer, can duped GP take multiple/endless S3's from Hyp? I may try my GP on the next one.


    Honestly not sure if I've ever took an sp3 with her when I've only been at 1%. In theory she shouldnt die from any special attack unless that special gives a damage over time debuff. Which hype doesn't from his sp3. Just not sure if I've ever been in the position to see it happen myself.
  • MedinaKhanMedinaKhan Posts: 159

    Brows said:


    R4 GP with maxed deep wounds. This is second hype mini, so much time waiting for special animations and him just sitting in the corner playing defence cos of that node that I timed out. Also not exactly a great match up cos after finishing off the first hype mini and tanking an sp2 or 2 there then tanking another 2 here. I'm down to 1% health for most of the fight meaning u have to playing full stun immune. One parry and ur going to be dead. She got the job done, went back in and finished him off no problem. But still a massive pain in the back side to fight.
    We've been struggling with him as well, been using OG Vision, Hawkeye, Magik, Dorm, Shulk but the second one is killer. Maybe you can answer, can duped GP take multiple/endless S3's from Hyp? I may try my GP on the next one.

    Honestly not sure if I've ever took an sp3 with her when I've only been at 1%. In theory she shouldnt die from any special attack unless that special gives a damage over time debuff. Which hype doesn't from his sp3. Just not sure if I've ever been in the position to see it happen myself.

    She can survive, but you'll have to play as if stun immune/unblockable since HP still going down.
Sign In or Register to comment.