**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★

Kabam, you still looking into this? Honestly, this fight is straight BS. Another case of Kabam failing to test content prior to its release. Let’s look at this fight closely. You need...

A Shock Immune Champion to bypass the Shock (Gulk & Power Control Champs work too)
    A Poison Immune Champion to bypass the Poison
    A Heal Block Champion to control the Regeneration
    A Champion with Fury to bypass the Damage Reduction
    Must be a 5-Star or 6-Star (Act 6 Requirements)

The only hard counter I can think of is Gulk with Heimdall, also needing Angela or Hella for the synergy (all as 5-stars or 6-stars, might I add).
    There is no way on earth a Kabam Employee could play through this fight & be like...
    ”This is awesome! A great, skill based & interactive fight that players will love!”
    Doesn’t make sense.

The only thing we're looking into is the Caustic Temper node. The rest of it is functioning as designed. This is not going to be an easy fight, and it's not meant to be. There are quite a few different Champions and Champion combinations that will work, but this is going to test the depth of your roster and your RPG Knowledge.
    Which “quite a few” champions or champion combinations can solo this fight? If you don’t have a 5* heimdall and hela/Angela for the fury synergy it is impossible to get through him without revives. Most people don’t have a 5-6* heimdall and some may never get him. There aren’t any other options.
    To be fair, he didn't mention soloing the fight. Why does it need to be a solo KO to be valid? What difference does it make?
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★

Theres also She-Hulk. She is poison immune, & Controls healing via her Petrify on the SP2. She might not need Heimdalls Fury Synergy, because she has her own Fury. But her Fury is Passive, so I am not sure she will work

Passive fury doesn’t work. Can’t solo that fight without the heimdall synergy. New strategies or champion combinations wont magically arise in the coming weeks or months because there aren’t any. So you either wait until you get a 5 or 6* heimdall + hela/Angela or blow throw revives to get through him.

Kabam, you still looking into this? Honestly, this fight is straight BS. Another case of Kabam failing to test content prior to its release. Let’s look at this fight closely. You need...

A Shock Immune Champion to bypass the Shock (Gulk & Power Control Champs work too)
    A Poison Immune Champion to bypass the Poison
    A Heal Block Champion to control the Regeneration
    A Champion with Fury to bypass the Damage Reduction
    Must be a 5-Star or 6-Star (Act 6 Requirements)

The only hard counter I can think of is Gulk with Heimdall, also needing Angela or Hella for the synergy (all as 5-stars or 6-stars, might I add).
    There is no way on earth a Kabam Employee could play through this fight & be like...
    ”This is awesome! A great, skill based & interactive fight that players will love!”
    Doesn’t make sense.

The only thing we're looking into is the Caustic Temper node. The rest of it is functioning as designed. This is not going to be an easy fight, and it's not meant to be. There are quite a few different Champions and Champion combinations that will work, but this is going to test the depth of your roster and your RPG Knowledge.
    Which “quite a few” champions or champion combinations can solo this fight? If you don’t have a 5* heimdall and hela/Angela for the fury synergy it is impossible to get through him without revives. Most people don’t have a 5-6* heimdall and some may never get him. There aren’t any other options.
    To be fair, he didn't mention soloing the fight. Why does it need to be a solo KO to be valid? What difference does it make?
    Lol what? You deal 90% less damage without an active fury buff. Only a certain set of champs have an active fury buff as part of their abilities. Then there’s caustic temper so for every buff active you will take passive shock damage every time he activates special. Plus they need to be poison immune and be able to counter mr sinister regen. Unless you have an endless supply of revives you need to be able to solo that fight.
  • Ace_QuillAce_Quill Posts: 57

Even if you have every champ in the game available as a 5 or 6* except heimdall what team are you taking for that fight without having to blow through units/revives?

OG Hulk with Thor raganrok synergy would possibly do ok with a stun chain and a couple revives. As in I know it’ll be manageable each time probably 2 or 3 but I don’t have hulk.
    Ace_Quill said:

Even if you have every champ in the game available as a 5 or 6* except heimdall what team are you taking for that fight without having to blow through units/revives?

OG Hulk with Thor raganrok synergy would possibly do ok with a stun chain and a couple revives. As in I know it’ll be manageable each time probably 2 or 3 but I don’t have hulk.
    There’s also the global node where you get incinerate if your crit deals 3% of his health in damage. He also regens. If you die against him with a science champ he’ll increase his regen by a certain percentage depending on sig level the next fight and his regen rate increases by 1% with every hit on your combo.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Just nerf him so we can move on with act 6 n at least do completion
  • Ascoop24Ascoop24 Posts: 128 ★★★
    I’m not saying it was easy or cheap but I did power thru with og hulk using just small revives and the heimdall synergy.
    xNig said:

Lol. The Sinister boss has been nerfed. End game players have tested it and it can be done pretty easily.

It’s end game content so if you can’t do it yet, guess the implication.

That’s right. You’re not end game yet. Take some time to build your rosters before attempting it again. You don’t NEED to complete it on Day 1.

(Love the tears of those who don’t understand this simple logic though. 😂)

where are you getting this from? Mans came in with “this just in” lol. It can’t be done pretty “easily” without the heimdall synergy and please post a vid of these end gamers easily taking down mr sinister without that synergy. Expand your roster? Yeah L et me go pull a 5 or 6* heimdall brb
    Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

Lol. The Sinister boss has been nerfed. End game players have tested it and it can be done pretty easily.

That’s right. You’re not end game yet. Take some time to build your rosters before attempting it again. You don’t NEED to complete it on Day 1.

Also to note 2 revives a day in events so the people saying it took 8 ish doesnt seem like bad to me since they are so easy to pile atm
    What makes me not end game ready? 100% all existing content? 12 6* and 70 5*? 8 R5 5*? 14 R4 5*? Do I need that 9th R5 to be ready.

14 revives for me using Hyperion. Instant death as soon as sinister used a special attack. OG Ultron just didn’t do enough damage and died to shock very quickly. Ghost did Ok. Aegon did not do too well.
    Sorry quoted the wrong post but you get the point
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    I hate when they do this. Make a fight near impossible unless you have 1or 2 of champions that counters. Then it's made worse because it's a boss fight and you need to beat the guy 6 or more times. Ummm I can see the end approaching. People are frustrated I think we will begin to loose 10% of the active players each month. I give it a year. This is the final curtian call gents. I've played to many games and once the effects start to become more and more OP it means the company is in the end game. Cash grabbing before Boca Raton....
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Ace_Quill said:

Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

Also to note 2 revives a day in events so the people saying it took 8 ish doesnt seem like bad to me since they are so easy to pile atm
    What makes me not end game ready? 100% all existing content? 12 6* and 70 5*? 8 R5 5*? 14 R4 5*? Do I need that 9th R5 to be ready.

14 revives for me using Hyperion. Instant death as soon as sinister used a special attack. OG Ultron just didn’t do enough damage and died to shock very quickly. Ghost did Ok. Aegon did not do too well.
    Yeah I get it bro. But you do have the necessary counters on your roster to take him down. What I was referring to were those that aren’t ready roster wise complaining.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

If you think it can be done pretty easily without heimdall and hela/Angela synergy post a vid of the fight. Don’t come here with that end game nonsense it just proves you haven’t actually fought him.

Lol. I already fought the much harder version of him 2 months back.

If you can name me 2 champs (even with synergies) that can take him down should Caustic Temper be replaced with Buffed Up, I’m all ears.

(Gonna add that Caustic Temper was my suggestion 😬)
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    edited June 2019

What do you mean? Even if you blow units and revives, without Heimdall, it’s near impossible. I guess quake and Medusa but even then, one single slip, he gets back all his health.

Nice one game team, it’s not only looking like future content will not allow us to use champs we’ve finally got and ranked up, but now we chapters are subjected to having certain characters?

Either let us use our 4* champs in this map or fix this. This isn’t just preventing 100% exploration, you guys basically put a stop sign on this map for over half your players.
    xNig said:

If you think it can be done pretty easily without heimdall and hela/Angela synergy post a vid of the fight. Don’t come here with that end game nonsense it just proves you haven’t actually fought him.

Lol. I already fought the much harder version of him 2 months back.

If you can name me 2 champs (even with synergies) that can take him down should Caustic Temper be replaced with Buffed Up, I’m all ears.

(Gonna add that Caustic Temper was my suggestion 😬)
    Lol I don’t get the point here. Solo that fight without heimdall synergy with your end game might and post a vid. So what you’re saying is if you don’t have a 5 or 6* heimdall in your roster you’re not “end game” ready? I don’t care if you blew through units or revives to get through lol the point of the post is that you shouldn’t have to just because you don’t have one specific champ for synergy in your roster.
This discussion has been closed.