**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Lol. Should have let the dev kept the local as Buffed Up instead. Equal misery for all. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The 4* gate does seem kind of stupid at this point. No one is using Heimdall to fight. He is there for synergy. I burned a lot of units trying for him as a 5* and got a 4* for my efforts. So I've got to use revives when I could solo him with my 4* on the team. Not the end of the world but annoying.
  • ÐarkΕ tarÐarkΕ tar Posts: 180 β˜…
    xNig said:

If you think it can be done pretty easily without heimdall and hela/Angela synergy post a vid of the fight. Don’t come here with that end game nonsense it just proves you haven’t actually fought him.

Lol. I already fought the much harder version of him 2 months back.

If you can name me 2 champs (even with synergies) that can take him down should Caustic Temper be replaced with Buffed Up, I’m all ears.

(Gonna add that Caustic Temper was my suggestion 😬)
    Cull obsidian, Angela, crossbones, ghost, aegon, captain marvel movie, night thrasher, hela, electro (with heimdall, magik and angela), venom, Carnage, venom the duck.
    edited June 2019

xNig said:

If you think it can be done pretty easily without heimdall and hela/Angela synergy post a vid of the fight. Don’t come here with that end game nonsense it just proves you haven’t actually fought him.

If you can name me 2 champs (even with synergies) that can take him down should Caustic Temper be replaced with Buffed Up, I’m all ears.

Cull obsidian, Angela, crossbones, ghost, aegon, captain marvel movie, night thrasher, hela, electro (with heimdall, magik and angela), venom, Carnage, venom the duck.
    Tried all mentioned except Cull. Item fest. Electro with Heimdall Magik Hela only gives you 2 buffs btw.

You’ll generate too many buffs and when he uses a special you die almost instantly. Not to mention you need at least 3 buffs to start dealing damage and his sp1 reflects all debuffs back to you (so Venom, VtD, Carnage bleeds are insta-death).

I even explored Civil Warrior chain sp2, died on the way to reach sp2. Crossbones don’t work too. Almost impossible to not die while trying to maintain 3 buffs.

Angela’s multi buffs are awesome, but she relies on crit to deal good damage and with her alternating Armor/Fury/Precision, lots of stacks of shocks.

Aegon? 3 buffs? You get furies when you get hit. With a class disadvantage, you sure about that? And you need to get hit repeatedly to maintain your furies iirc.

Cpt Marvel movie, how many buffs does she have?

Beta testers did a lot of testing and the final result was, if you don’t plan to spend 1k units per takedown against Sinister + Buffed Up, there are 2 possible counters, one of which requires Heimdall synergy.
  • If they fix caustic temper Maybe is doable even if you don't have a fury... it would take ages but champions like sentinel or rulk would start to actually make a dent on this guy... sadly I dont' have heimdall/angela-hela sinergy as 5 or 6 stars, but if caustic temper gets fixed then I wouldn't have to take my 4/55 hyperion and die on repeat so many times to take him down. Any news on the caustic temper fix?
    edited June 2019

If they fix caustic temper Maybe is doable even if you don't have a fury... it would take ages but champions like sentinel or rulk would start to actually make a dent on this guy... sadly I dont' have heimdall/angela-hela sinergy as 5 or 6 stars, but if caustic temper gets fixed then I wouldn't have to take my 4/55 hyperion and die on repeat so many times to take him down. Any news on the caustic temper fix?

Hopefully soon. I believe it’s more of a β€œSinister” fix compared to a Caustic Temper fix.
    Lainua said:

Lainua said:

I am worried about Mr Minister regeneration ability. How bad it is guys?

you need one of like 4 champs and probably Heim/Hela. If you do it;s not that bad.
    Having Hela but not Heimdall and Angela. I don’t have choices.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Tried all mentioned except Cull. Item fest. Electro with Heimdall Magik Hela only gives you 2 buffs btw.

You’ll generate too many buffs and when he uses a special you die almost instantly. Not to mention you need at least 3 buffs to start dealing damage and his sp1 reflects all debuffs back to you (so Venom, VtD, Carnage bleeds are insta-death).

I even explored Civil Warrior chain sp2, died on the way to reach sp2. Crossbones don’t work too. Almost impossible to not die while trying to maintain 3 buffs.

Angela’s multi buffs are awesome, but she relies on crit to deal good damage and with her alternating Armor/Fury/Precision, lots of stacks of shocks.

Aegon? 3 buffs? You get furies when you get hit. With a class disadvantage, you sure about that? And you need to get hit repeatedly to maintain your furies iirc.

Cpt Marvel movie, how many buffs does she have?

Beta testers did a lot of testing and the final result was, if you don’t plan to spend 1k units per takedown against Sinister + Buffed Up, there are 2 possible counters, one of which requires Heimdall synergy.
    Which is the other one?
    Voodoo. The newly introduced counter is Cull.
    Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

Lol. Should have let the dev kept the local as Buffed Up instead. Equal misery for all. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

or maybe next time they can chose better beta testers who gives feedback on making endgame fights fun and fair not to mention a dumb fight that requires specific teams or champs

Oh. You mean like you? Would you like to swallow your words again?
    i didn't say anything about me. you are the only one sucking at beta tests hence another cash grab content. i think kabam can do a much better job if they removed you the so called stuck up beta tester

Apparently having all my suggestions being implemented says a lot, like nerfing Champion, removing Plagued Mind from Mordo, lowering class gate requirements by 1 etc. Guess you’re just too closed minded or roster deficient to be in the beta.
    Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

If they fix caustic temper Maybe is doable even if you don't have a fury... it would take ages but champions like sentinel or rulk would start to actually make a dent on this guy... sadly I dont' have heimdall/angela-hela sinergy as 5 or 6 stars, but if caustic temper gets fixed then I wouldn't have to take my 4/55 hyperion and die on repeat so many times to take him down. Any news on the caustic temper fix?

Hopefully soon. I believe it’s more of a β€œSinister” fix compared to a Caustic Temper fix.
    Agreed the issue is with sinister not the node.
    Well interaction I guess the game registers your FULL HIT sinister sees (13000 damage) and heals back his 70 percent.
    The node I'm assuming is a split second later then that interaction and cancels the 13000 for a 90 percent reduced 13k but the heal already registered..

Easy fix would be to force them to cross check eachother so actual damage is what triggered the heal instead of potential damage before the node triggered
    Yup agreed. I believe that’s cause of how it’s coded (not very sure cause I don’t know coding). It could be just X damage caused to Sinister, regen 0.7 x X health. Then X damage is reduced by 90% and damage done to Sinister is 0.1 x X.

Might be abit tricky to fix. Hopefully they’ll be able to find a way to do so.

Reminds me of the time I used Rulk to clear the Caustic Temper DS in 6.1. 200+ hits ftw. Lol
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

or maybe next time they can chose better beta testers who gives feedback on making endgame fights fun and fair not to mention a dumb fight that requires specific teams or champs

also if you don't have nothing constructive to add to post like posting your videos on clearing these type of contents and only resort to attacking people personally then you don't even deserve to be here
    He was in the Beta for it. Lol.
    Caustic temper is the only problem here probably gonna have to wait to get a heimdall
    Kobster84 said:

What I don’t like about this fight is the rng involved with having one of the few specific counters as a 5* or a 5* heimdall and Angela
    Like the thanos fight last month was amazing because I feel if you had enough skill there you could use basically any1 and not take any unavoidable damage

Yes. However, amongst the 2 evils, Caustic is the lesser evil and has a wider array of counters as compared to Buffed Up.
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

Yes. However, amongst the 2 evils, Caustic is the lesser evil and has a wider array of counters as compared to Buffed Up.
    Normally I would say yes but on this fight I feel caustic temper is worse
    edited June 2019
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

Buffed Up is a lot worse. Nothing I tried work, which is quite saddening. I was reduced to using Civil Warrior and trying to get him down. The main issue with Buffed Up was 3 buffs, and EMP punishes having too many buffs, which by itself is contradictory.

(PS. Replacing Buffed Up with Caustic Temper was my suggestion. #cuethehate lol)
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

Buffed Up is a lot worse. Nothing I tried work, which is quite saddening. I was reduced to using Civil Warrior and trying to get him down. The main issue with Buffed Up was 3 buffs, and EMP punishes having too many buffs, which by itself is contradictory.
    Would voodoo not work quite well because he activates 3 buffs and keeps his power down

Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

also if you don't have nothing constructive to add to post like posting your videos on clearing these type of contents and only resort to attacking people personally then you don't even deserve to be here
    Scratch that. Apparently that was known. Just disrespected. Lol.
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

Would voodoo not work quite well because he activates 3 buffs and keeps his power down
    Yes. The 2 counters were Voodoo and Quake + Heimdall + Hela/Angela + Magik/Gully. Third is Cull but at that point he wasn’t introduced yet.

So with Buffed Up, there was 1 outright counter and 1 which requires 4 champs to work, which is very much narrower compared to Caustic.

Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

Yeah. Sadly. Apparently testing out end game content and giving 5-10k words of feedback to ensure that the content isn’t overly BS is nothing β€œconstructive” to him. Him on the other hand, feels that insulting beta testers who spent their own time for free to help the community develop the game further is very constructive.
    xNig said:

Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

Yeah. Sadly. Apparently testing out end game content and giving 5-10k words of feedback to ensure that the content isn’t overly BS is nothing β€œconstructive” to him. Him on the other hand, feels that insulting beta testers who spent their own time for free to help the community develop the game further is very constructive.
    Yeah I didn't read the whole way back and didn't see he was aware. He's blaming you somehow. No idea why. You do the Beta and give the feedback, and they do what they feel is best.

xNig said:

Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

Akhilxcx said:

xNig said:

Yeah I didn't read the whole way back and didn't see he was aware. He's blaming you somehow. No idea why. You do the Beta and give the feedback, and they do what they feel is best.
    He’s just bitter that he had to swallow his words from the 6.2 announcement thread. Ridiculously funny.
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59 β˜…
    Kabam if you keep this attitude you are going to lose players.

Because of no 4* plus gates Act 6 requires too much specific roster. If you keep milking so hard both the whales and the f2p players will leave to less frustrating games
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 β˜…β˜…
    I will do this act 6.2 maybe in 2-3 months later
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 β˜…β˜…
    For me, as long as all the boss could be killed with less spending or even no spending, i'll wait. I dont care with that heimdal/angela requirement. I'll wait until I get them... Still had LoL completion, variant 1 completetion and act 6.1 exploration. Hopefully heimdall/angela come across around that
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

Yes. The 2 counters were Voodoo and Quake + Heimdall + Hela/Angela + Magik/Gully. Third is Cull but at that point he wasn’t introduced yet.

So with Buffed Up, there was 1 outright counter and 1 which requires 4 champs to work, which is very much narrower compared to Caustic.
    Ye but I have a voodoo :(
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 β˜…β˜…

What even is endgame player? Is it someone who has every champion as a 5 star or a 6 star? Is it someone who is cavalier? Is it someone who does map 7 5 times a day? Being an endgame player is such an arbitrary term that is tossed around with no real meaning or substance behind it.

Lol This reminds me of the time I struggled with an "Uncollected" EQ because I didn't have the appropriate boss counters and upon asking for alternatives, someone said "maybe you should wait till you can actually do end game content".

Considering I had breezed through the previous 4 Uncollected EQs, it kinda highlighted how meaningless the term "endgame player" is, realistically.
This discussion has been closed.